I like to attract the Thailand Tokay Gecko to my house: Using My Mating Call!

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

He wrote FAR more words than I could ever hope to impress you wit

You could never "write" anything that could possibly impress me apart from "I promise to never post again"!

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

More cr@p from the cr@p writer in chief!

If I could predict the lottery numbers as accurately as you being the the second or third poster on a GG thread, I would become very wealthy..

Who is twisting your arm to respond to him?

• Thanks 1

Good Gents of this fast declining forum, allow me...please use the IGNORE function..hover mouse over avatar and click ignore to all..it has made my exp here much more tolerable, albeit it may end up I am the last one standing (on this sinking ship)

Thus being the last one not on my ignore list may force me out into the real world to detox and reintegrate back into society! 🙂

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

Seriously, Folks, one of the things that I most love about Thailand is the sound of the Thailand Geckos around my home.

THANK GOODNESS: The Gecko, so far, is surviving the Global-Warming-induced Hotter-than-HOT Hot Seasons we have been experiencing in recent years.

I really worry for these tiny lizards.

When I hear them, they are like a cool cloth on my forehead....

The mating calls of the Thailand Gecko cool me and calm my fevered brow, anytime they choose to grace me with their vocalizations.

I LOVE....

I mean that....

I REALLY LOVE these tiny guys.....

Do you feel as I?

Good Bless these Beasts, One and All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, God Bless us, Everyone, too, for enjoying this, so-far not destroyed bit of Mother Nature!

Here is what I mean.

How can you actually not fall in love with these lizards, who call out to us....hopefully....on most nights.

By the way...

THIS YEAR, I think their calls have begun much later in the year than usual....

Please correct me if I might be mistaken in this....

Tks!

Best Regards,....

Gamma

Note:  When I first arrived in Chiang Mai, I thought these lizards were telling me:  F-U, F-U, F-U.....  But that was just because I had not yet learned to understand the Good Natures of these beasts.

They are not sooo tiny at all. A few years ago we caught one, disturbing us the whole night: about 45 cm long. Some are saying the taste is good.🙏

15 hours ago, Dioj said:

You mean there are more like him besides all the ones with the initials GG?

Bob is another one. Just haven't been able to make up my mind which one is more deluded.

Posted (edited)

I can't stand them.  I keep a can of 'gecko repellant' handy, and if one of the buggers startles me, I spray.  It usually just freezes, giving me time to flick it into the dustpan and rehabilitate it outside.  Often minus its tail.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

Seriously, Folks, one of the things that I most love about Thailand is the sound of the Thailand Geckos around my home.

THANK GOODNESS: The Gecko, so far, is surviving the Global-Warming-induced Hotter-than-HOT Hot Seasons we have been experiencing in recent years.

I really worry for these tiny lizards.

When I hear them, they are like a cool cloth on my forehead....

The mating calls of the Thailand Gecko cool me and calm my fevered brow, anytime they choose to grace me with their vocalizations.

I LOVE....

I mean that....

I REALLY LOVE these tiny guys.....

Do you feel as I?

Good Bless these Beasts, One and All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, God Bless us, Everyone, too, for enjoying this, so-far not destroyed bit of Mother Nature!

Here is what I mean.

How can you actually not fall in love with these lizards, who call out to us....hopefully....on most nights.

By the way...

THIS YEAR, I think their calls have begun much later in the year than usual....

Please correct me if I might be mistaken in this....

Tks!

Best Regards,....

Gamma

Note:  When I first arrived in Chiang Mai, I thought these lizards were telling me:  F-U, F-U, F-U.....  But that was just because I had not yet learned to understand the Good Natures of these beasts.

You need help.

• Haha 1

Wait until it's been <deleted>ing behind your wardrobe  for a month, 

Brother inlaw thai Rambo came to get it out and got bitten on the finger, one of the best days in Thailand 😂

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I use recorded mating calls.

And, yes, they actually do seem to work quite well.

I love this lizard, because the vocalizations remind me of my former jungle home, when I and Jane were still on dating terms.  Sadly, she recently passed away....  Not sure if you got the news.

Must have been your mating call that killed her.

Tookay often calls just after I turn off my bedside lamp light. The sound helps me fall asleep. I tell myself it's wishing me sweet dreams.

A while ago, one took up residence right outside my bedroom window. Really loud, Interfering with my sleep.  So much so, I tried to kill it, but wasn't successful trying to spear it. Surprisingly, it seemed to get the message that it was annoying me, and moved to the far side of the house. Might be smarter or have higher emotional intelligence than we imagine.

Back to Tokay. They must eat a lot of insects, but that leads to one of the biggest downsides. Massive amount of crap that if not washed off soon will stain the walls.

Something else I have noticed in their call, when I was in the south of Thailand the call ended with many a Grr, Grr, Grr, but where I live in Essan, they rarely make that ending sound.