Outrage in Thailand: Boy Claims to Be Buddha’s Son in Bizarre Scam

webfact

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This world is absolutely chock-full of insane nutty, phony people who will do anything in their power to avoid work and commit scams by robbing people of their money. What this boy is doing is just pure silliness, the people who should be prosecuted are the idiots that fall for the scam, they have utterly no survival instincts and they're not fit for this world. Zero sympathy. 

I doubt that an 8 year old boy thought this up more likely he is a victim being used by scammers 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

no different to the scam of buddha

You, Sir, should begin packing, you are about to be shown the exit door by the authorities.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

"People need to know that this is a sham," he added

No, they don't. All the people got to do is wear the Anti-Sham Amulet, blessed by some monk.

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

As Buddha went to Nirvana (nothingness) and that was the end of his rebirths, for him to be reborn means the religion is based on a lie. 

That was only one Buddha, Gautama Siddartha. There can be many Buddhas. 

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Buddhism is not a religion as I am sure you know

Except it teaches reincarnation, multiple levels of 'heaven and hell', gods in different levels of existence, etc. How is that not religion? It just doesn't refer to a creator god. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

recognising the people of the time, were worse logically thinking in their era and or superstitious to a degree considered mental today.

maybe so but I bet they had no problem defining a woman

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I've long said... the reason there isn't new Messiahs today is because they'd either be locked up, sent to a mental institute or killed for having the gall to come out, or lastly ridiculed.

So why do we put so much faith in old Messiahs recognising the people of the time, were worse logically thinking in their era and or superstitious to a degree considered mental today.

This is a good point, there was a discussion somewhere about this, something akin to a Ted Talk. Basically the majority of old structures will never give way to something new, the core religions of the world will brook no opposition or interference. If Jebus was to arrive tomorrow he would definitely have to lean heavily on the magic miracles, and even if he raised someone from the dead again, or stopped bullets like Neo, they would still say he is not our the guy. Governments also don't like miracles, it makes the nervous, it gives people ideas and makes them uppity.

I'm not stating here that one thing is real and another is not, how the heck would I know. All I see as I've gotten older is that many have made/convinced themselves that we are the pinnacle of creation, the darling favorite of the divine, and we know how the cosmos/existence works. We're such imaginative rascals.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Ya hear that MAGA.......Whos Paying for the Wall again????    Weak minds are easily misled all over the world.......

What makes you think that there is sny connection with MAGA?

Posted (edited)

and who is the dalai lama supposed to be ?

Who is the current Buddha?

His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, describes himself as a simple Buddhist monk. He is the spiritual leader of Tibet.
Edited by john donson

On 5/15/2024 at 11:29 AM, fondue zoo said:

It's starting to look a little culty.. I'm just saying.  

As soon as they start talking about magic and other planes of existence and the beings therein, whilst wearing matching jackets.

Yes it does look that way, many versions of Christianity have popped up all over the world, mostly cults, or, cults in disguise, only a matter of time b4 Thailand catches on.