Bangkok Chaos: Pickup Plummets From 4/FL Hospital Car Park

webfact

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I am glad the pickup was destroyed. By its wheels and "Liqui Moly" sticker you know this was one of those modified trucks driven by morons that is chipped to spew out black filth. "Rolling coal". Good riddance.

No you don't know that at all...oils and additives do not produce the black smoke that you have no idea whether that pickup produced.  Neither is there any evidence that the vehicle was chipped, nor that the owner is a moron.  On the other hand, your comment doesn't do you any intellectual favours.

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Same here with 60 years of driving all around The World !

6 hours ago, stoner said:

30 years plus driving and i have never once mixed the gas and brake. 

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

The majority of Thai drivers do not belong behind the wheel of any vehicle. Not in a car park...and certainly not out on the roads. :coffee1:

5 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Thai driving skills on show again.

4 hours ago, OldmanJ said:

Over 40 years of driving and not once have I mixed up the brake and accelerator pedal

1 hour ago, sabai-dee-man said:

I've driven in many countries around the world, and without doubt, Thais are the worst drivers I've ever had the misfortune to encounter!

Such self-aggrandising personifications of perfection.  

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

what ? 

can someone show a stoner like me where the other car is in the video ? take note she is coming up a 1 way ramp. 

No other car.  She drove at the other pick up, kept her foot on the floor until she could see it had cleared the parapet, then braked to make sure she didn't follow it over.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope the police confiscated her driving licenses right away - if she had one.

One of those utterly stupid excuses. 

Private property. Different rules appply.

5 hours ago, Ironmike said:

Not one person has mentioned the poor bastard that owns the black truck,, where's his interview 

He has realised that LiquiMoly reduces friction which contributed to his vehicle sliding ovet the edge.😀

7 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:
7 hours ago, stoner said:

30 years plus driving and i have never once mixed the gas and brake. 

People can suffer anxiety or panic attacks and do such things. I never pushed a car off a cliff, but I've done some things under such attacks. Not saying that's the case here though.

Its been mentioned before on this forum...  that some drive with the left foot for the brake and right for the accelerator, and when panic sets in this happens... 

... the underlying issue is of course, no driver training.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

The majority of Thai drivers do not belong behind the wheel of any vehicle. Not in a car park...and certainly not out on the roads. :coffee1:

I think this is because traffic laws are not well enforced in Thailand.  Maybe if the police were more evident on the road, and actually enforced a traffic rule once in a while, people would drive better?  Naturally the subject of bribes is important, as driver licenses are optional here and if you want you can just go buy one and skip the tests from what I've heard.  

what about the ticket the lot guy gave here when she entered the garage.....did somchai give chase for the little ticket????

will he lose his job now???..her car insurance company might not cover this one!...hope she wasnt leasing it

Posted (edited)

"Speaking to media later, she confessed that she had panicked when another car drove too close to her vehicle, causing her foot to hit the accelerator."

Not another car in sight, but maybe out of view, so she must have travelled a few meters with her foot on the gas.

Strange excuse though? And it makes a change to have CCTV that is working!

Edited by sambum

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

have you ever mistaken the gas for the brake lou ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its been mentioned before on this forum...  that some drive with the left foot for the brake and right for the accelerator, and when panic sets in this happens... 

good thing that is not how you are supposed to drive. not yours but i find that kind of excuse quite lame. 

15 minutes ago, stoner said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

good thing that is not how you are supposed to drive. not yours but i find that kind of excuse quite lame. 

It's incredibly lame....    There are posters on this forum who have mentioned that this is how their wives or other Thai's they know drive. 

Thus...  I suspect it is the reason for so many similar accidents... 

--------

I recently properly shagged up my right ankle in a sporting accent - I was unable to drive for a few months...   At one point I very briefly considered giving driving the car with my left foot a go, which I realised would have been an exceptionally daft idea.

• Confused 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

It's incredibly lame....    There are posters on this forum who have mentioned that this is how their wives or other Thai's they know drive. 

Thus...  I suspect it is the reason for so many similar accidents... 

--------

I recently properly shagged up my right ankle in a sporting accent - I was unable to drive for a few months...   At one point I very briefly considered giving driving the car with my left foot a go, which I realised would have been an exceptionally daft idea.

You can see her bump the wall as the gets to the top of the ramp. This is the cause of her reaction. She accelerates after the bump. 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I left foot brake a lot of the time, whats the issue ?

1 hour ago, stoner said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

have you ever mistaken the gas for the brake lou ? 

No, but neither am I crowing on a forum about how perfect my driving is!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, but neither am I crowing on a forum about how perfect my driving is!

where did i say my driving was perfect ? i said i never mixed up the brake and gas. so along with you and almost every single driver in here we have never done that. is it that we are all perfect or something else ? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

No other car.  She drove at the other pick up, kept her foot on the floor until she could see it had cleared the parapet, then braked to make sure she didn't follow it over.

I think you are giving her far too much credit for awareness and car control... 

She panicked...   hit the accelerator before managing to 'hit the correct brake' before going over herself....  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, stoner said:

You can see her bump the wall as the gets to the top of the ramp. This is the cause of her reaction. She accelerates after the bump. 

Yup... I watched the video again and just saw that... clipped the wall then panicked...  

Terrible driving...  she clearly has no idea at all how to drive, which is quite frightening for anyone else on the road, particularly when imaging that there may be plenty of others like her - I wonder how she got her license (even though its incredibly simple to take the test).

Its extremely fortunate that she (i.e. the pickup) didn't kill a couple of motorcyclists passing below.... 

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 17.22.04.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... I watched the video again and just saw that... clipped the wall then panicked...  

Terrible driving...  she clearly has no idea at all how to drive, which is quite frightening for anyone else on the road, particularly when imaging that there may be plenty of others like her - I wonder how she got her license (even though its incredibly simple to take the test).

Its extremely fortunate that she (i.e. the pickup) didn't kill a couple of motorcyclists passing below.... 

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 17.22.04.png

Sadl i know several Thai's that have failed the Test; so they just don't bother taking it again !

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Sadl i know several Thai's that have failed the Test; so they just don't bother taking it again !

Yet they still drive... 

... "oh officer I forgot my licence"

... "no problem, 200 baht tea money"

... "thank-you officer"....

A few hours / days later...

.... something happens..... "Ahhhh... (panic)"...  Hit accelerator and brake at he same time (left and right foot driving).. 

... drives through the window of a shop / off a multi-story car park / into a school bus etc etc... 

• Confused 1