Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that Vladmir Putin’ is not really supporting Vice President Harris in the upcoming presidential election: He said Putin was joking.    Putin prefers Trump.

The same joke repeated dozen of times? Does not look like a joke really.
Lavrov with daughter living in New York, Peskov with daughter living in Paris and other elite with hostages in western countries - all of them are dreaming to freeze the conflict - this is exactly what Trump wants. But not Putin. Putin`s dream is to fight and to restore USSR.

Edited by zmisha
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that Vladmir Putin’ is not really supporting Vice President Harris in the upcoming presidential election: He said Putin was joking.    Putin prefers Trump.

Another recent "joke" from Putin - he said to the leader of Crimea that he must establish Soviet power in Crimea. We see that the format of joke is very convenient excuse to safely speak what he really thinks.

Edited by zmisha

On 9/12/2024 at 6:00 PM, problemfarang said:

Cheers to everyone..

We are changing our positions after todays fight.. fighting still going on

i haven't read the whole thread, but based on comment above are you claiming to be fighting in Ukraine?

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

Russian state propaganda TV begins to discuss the possible resignation of Vladimir Putin.  Listen to the deep grunt of one of the guests on hearing the words.  Whoa!

yeah right

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Read this thread.

well there you go, so all of the vocal war mongerers championing on deaths and destruction on here can go and put your money where your mouths are.. sign up, dont hesitate now, you want to see Russians die, go and do your bit.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

Russian state propaganda TV begins to discuss the possible resignation of Vladimir Putin.  Listen to the deep grunt of one of the guests on hearing the words.  Whoa!

And in my post right above you can read the explanation. Z guys are not surprised at all.

48 minutes ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

The Russian elite`s true face. And the obvious reason why Biden is sure - Russian nukes cannot be launched.

On 5/25/2024 at 5:33 PM, tgw said:

I have been to Ukraine several times on business and I have family there.

I have also been to Russia on business.

I would not be able to count how many times.

Russia blatantly violated the 2014 Minsk agreements.

As well as the Budapest Memorandum, and the earlier agreements, poisoned the elected president, etc. and also violated the next Minsk II agreements.

I find it difficult to believe that if you know what happened in Ukraine you would defend the Russian position. I claim BS.You can inform yourself in detail here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

don't come with "it's all Western lies" - we are all tired of your type.

did you write the latest wiki update yourself?

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

well there you go, so all of the vocal war mongerers championing on deaths and destruction on here can go and put your money where your mouths are.. sign up, dont hesitate now, you want to see Russians die, go and do your bit.

Aren't you the one that supports Putin's bloody invasion of Ukraine?

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

one hing Russians don't have it's a soul.... heartless people

Opinion - Something rotten in the ‘Russian soul’

https://au.yahoo.com/news/opinion-something-rotten-russian-soul-140000212.html

I don't believe that is a fair assessment to call the Russians a heartless people. I counter that the Russian is very much an emotional  and big hearted person. Much of its foreign affairs response many times is about maintaining Russian prestige and trying to create respect for Russia. It's  a longstanding insecurity and a sensitivity to international ridicule. Look at how the Russians bristle and become defensive when food shortages are mentioned or when their economy's weakness is  referenced.  Say the same think to Australian or a UK resident, and they will go, crikey, you're telling me, and then add on how much worse it is 😁 Mention a retail line in the USA and you will get  a personal tale of woe of how crazy the Costco parking lot can be (and they are always packed. It can be  a Madmax undertaking to find parking on a weekend).

Do not confuse rudeness, and a lack of decorum as being heartless. Prior to the war, youtube was filled with dashcam videos of  vehicular  incidents. Because of their heavy presence in Russian vehicles it was a lot of Russian content. Aside from showing Russia  having unsafe roads and some crazy drivers (like worse than Thai drivers bad), it showed Russians responding when an incident occurred. They are quick to render help, to go to help an elderly person who falls  or to put their lives at risk. Compare that to  other cultures where people will walk on by someone injured or in need of help after a car crash. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are countries  notorious for people who will just stop and stare at someone in need of assistance, not rendering assistance. 

2 hours ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

How long until this man has an accident cleaning windows and falls from a building? 

• Like 1