Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

30 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't have anyone on ignore, but you are a prime candidate if I did.....😂

I've never read so much "Red" ol' toffee in all my life, in fact it's embarrassing....🤣

I imagine in another era you would cheering on General Petraus's  Surge - one final push,or Vietnam stop the commies in SE Asia. For the record I was against Iraq War 2  - turns out history proved me right.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I imagine in another era you would cheering on General Petraus's  Surge - one final push,or Vietnam stop the commies in SE Asia. For the record I was against Iraq War 2  - turns out history proved me right.

You would think you were right even if you were wrong, it's what your type does.....🤔

But you carry one supporting aggressors, it's what nutters do......:coffee1:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And we should all follow Jesus, Halleijah and pass the ammunition.

Oh, you're a religious nut too.....................😱

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

DW: Chair of the Defense Committee of the German Bundestag Marie-Agnes Strack-Zimmermann was asked "What happens if a Russian fighter jet is shot down by a Western weapon in Russian airspace?"

Answer: " Russia will have one less plane..."

Her full answer here (video). One smart woman, maybe she should be the next EU commissioner.

Yes , she was also saying putin does not want NATO members next to his borders.

So her answer is ,"and we do not want putins army on the Polish border"Therefore we are doing what we are doing.

Great!I hope with all of this mounting pressure on putin he will finally realize the West is not playing games and they are not falling for his charades.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

DW: Chair of the Defense Committee of the German Bundestag Marie-Agnes Strack-Zimmermann was asked "What happens if a Russian fighter jet is shot down by a Western weapon in Russian airspace?"

Answer: " Russia will have one less plane..."

Her full answer here (video). One smart woman, maybe she should be the next EU commissioner.

That lady definatley lost her grandpa to the "Reds"  in WW2 ! She then goes on to make a nonsensical statment about Russia on the borders of NATO.  But isn’t Russia already bordering the Baltics? And aren’t they also bordering Poland in Kaliningrad? They’re also bordering Finland which is in NATO!? So what is it about western Ukraine that will suddenly make Russian troops confront NATO borders in Poland? Is she realizing that she’s making zero sense?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is a discussion forum not the military academy. Do you think Putin listens to you?

Oh I forgot your nephew pays tax or something. Why would he listen to me, I'm just some ageing western random wasting time on a niche asian expat forum whilst always threatening to leave.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Is she realizing that she’s making zero sense?

Nowadays they don't attend basic school exams.

that's why she sucks with geography (and the rest of subjects from secondary school)

last time Berbock said something like "Russia should turn 360 degrees"

Priceless!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NativeBob said:

Nowadays they don't attend basic school exams.

that's why she sucks with geography (and the rest of subjects from secondary school)

last time Berbock said something like "Russia should turn 360 degrees"

Priceless!

She is basically calling for kicking the Baltics and Poland out of NATO and dont invite Ukraine in NATO. Otherwise Germany is in danger, which is her job to avoid. Its the logical conclusion of her nonsense statement. Who Rabas has anoited her as to the fount of all wisdom !

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh I forgot your nephew pays tax or something. Why would he listen to me, I'm just some ageing western random wasting time on a niche asian expat forum whilst always threatening to leave.

Oh I forgot your nephew pays tax or something.

No  wrong

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

kicking the Baltics and Poland out of NATO

I think its a good idea - those dwarf states brings ZERO value to NATO except syphoning money for "maintenance". They are like rabid chihuahuas - small and very angry. 

BTW: Gdansk is not ____________________ (fill yourself)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, RayC said:

The senility part is open to debate.

If one can conclude anything from that gibberish, surely it is the exact opposite? "I am NOT prepared to support NATOization of Ukraine"

Or maybe it simply means that Biden believes Russia should respect the internationally agreed borders of Ukraine and that peace is not possible until she does.

How does this constitute proof that ".. the whole purpose of this operation is, to degrade Russia's military"? (The only operation is the special military one being waged by Putin 

Which has no relevance to this topic.

Well said, Raymond.........:clap2:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Unfortunately, the information contained in your links may well be correct. It might also be the unfortunate case that the conflict escalates.

However, none of that alters the fact that this war is of Putin's making not the West's.

Escalation means Europe on a path to total war footing and possibility of nukes. China won't let Russia lose either or they know it's them next. Stalemate. No thanks.

6 million folks have died in the Congo and no one cares or comments about it  so why should I care about this sad and tragic affair in a country far away unfair as it no doubt is ?  The west walked away from Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya amongst others and they will walk away from Ukraine with crocodile tears and Zelenskiy will get that ride out of Dodge in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

FT news articles on the war are beginning to be scripted with more openness and honesty which seems a prelude to negotiations, though these will remain a slow process as Russia will be able to remain poorer for longer than Ukraine will be able to endure colder and darker. Expect a winter thaw.

https://archive.ph/l1AwJ

One Ukrainian government official described Saturday’s assault as “devastating” while another said it was likely to mean that by winter residents would be spending a vast majority of their day without electricity.

Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to the press. One of the officials said 1.2GW of power generation was lost in Saturday’s bombardment alone, while infrastructure critical for transporting gas from underground storage facilities in western Ukraine was badly damaged.

Asked what the damage would mean for the months ahead, one of the officials put it bluntly: “We should prepare for life in the cold and the dark.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1