Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

On 7/15/2024 at 5:04 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

One doesn't have to be Putin to understand that America is likely going to lose it's domination.

Ironically the build up of China has happened with American money and tech, IMO.

Nixon should never have accepted China as an equal, and now it's going come back to bite us.

Nixon opened the U.S. to China primarily for economic reasons.  Putting aside ideological concerns, it seemed to be a smart move, at the time. The tide was turning. Nixon understood that. Anyway, that’s all history at this point.  Big businesses profited immensely from the move and we now have a global economy. Unfortunately, you can’t divorce geopolitics from economics, and now the balance of power is shifting along with the great shift in the world economy.  

The Globalists and the Neocons created this mess, so to speak, but now they don’t seem to care much for the result.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

You are confusing economics and forms of governance with political and militaristic ambitions of megalomaniacal leaders and despots. That explains why most of your posts are rather free of content.

Best go back to your colouring book. I hear King Charles rather likes your favourite colour too.

You seem to have a thing about crayons and colouring books, but I am not surprised, you carry on, perhaps post one of your portrait creations here........:clap2:

As for the thread subject, I despise Red, commie folk protecting their aggressor leader here, but as you are still in the infant school category, I really should take that into consideration in your case..........🤔

• Confused 2

Its about time Mavideol Ukraine's suffering was caused by Russian Missiles fired from Russian soil onto kids hospitals, shopping Malls, and Cinemas. Time to deliver some pain on Russian soil.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Off topic posts and replies have been removed

The War in Ukraine

Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Important poll that reflects the wishes of Ukrainians

A recent Ukrainian poll indicates that Ukrainians widely reject Russia's demands for total Ukrainian capitulation, emphasizing that the Kremlin's conditions for the end of the war are entirely unreasonable and widely unpopular within Ukraine. 

The poll found that 83 percent of respondents rejected Putin's statement that Ukraine must withdraw from all of Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia oblasts — including territory in these oblasts currently under Ukrainian control.[2] The poll also reported that 58 percent of respondents stated that Ukraine should not agree to enshrine a neutral, non-aligned, and non-nuclear status in its constitution. Putin demanded in June 2024 that Ukraine recognize Russia’s territorial claims over eastern and southern Ukraine (including territory that Russia does not currently occupy), "demilitarize," and pledge not to join NATO as preconditions to begin "peace" negotiations.[3] Putin’s extreme terms are tantamount to Ukraine's capitulation,

https://understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-july-15-2024

Does it really matter? A poll of Ukrainians isn’t going to matter much in the outcome.  They are out of soldiers.  Hundreds of thousands are now dead. The smartest thing they can do right now is to accept the Russian terms for negotiations. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, transam said:

You seem to have a thing about crayons and colouring books, but I am not surprised, you carry on, perhaps post one of your portrait creations here........:clap2:

As for the thread subject, I despise Red, commie folk protecting their aggressor leader here, but as you are still in the infant school category, I really should take that into consideration in your case..........🤔

Still unable to explain what you have against communism as a form f governance. I guess your playschool have only taught you about a single colour.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, rabas said:

It's Putin failing on all fronts. As the war and economy being to crumble, all he can do now is prepare to hide and spread propaganda for the gullible calling for Ukraine to give up. 

Satellites have now spotted an incredible array of new missile defense systems around his famous survival bunker. At least 7 Pantsir-S1 surface-to-air missile systems (maybe more), 11 S-400/300  missile systems (so that's where they went!), and several long-range radars.

https://x.com/nexta_tv/status/181326944700979656

No, there are not 'hundreds of thousands' of Ukrainian dead even counting civilians.  But Russian sign up bonuses are sky rocketing and still not many takers:

image.png.ca3e03f6149c726ef888adca9be636e4.png

https://x.com/devil_n_details/status/1812301555694977146

Are you sure you’re not Gordon Chang, predicting the collapse of China next month for the past decade? I have lost count of the number of your posts predicting that Russia is about to collapse.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Are you sure you’re not Gordon Chang, predicting the collapse of China next month for the past decade? I have lost count of the number of your posts predicting that Russia is about to collapse.

We've been hearing for a couple years now that Russia is losing. It's like the Russians never took Avdiivka and the counter offensive was a great success and the Leopards worked really well.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Still unable to explain what you have against communism as a form f governance. I guess your playschool have only taught you about a single colour.

It seems you are a farangy brainwashed tool that supports communism, and you have the front to talk about "playschool"................🤣

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, rabas said:

Russian state propaganda mainliners amaze. You don't even address if the numbers are true! Lets check Statistica who report Russian food prices.  Oh, wait, it's worse than Jason Smart reports.

Im talking about fake photo, not about statistical data. Yeah, economy collapsing, lets admit at, starvation coming soon. But why should post photo taken 30-40 years ago?

Edited by VBer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I see Baltic States are cancelling their agreement with Russia, Belarus over being connected to their electricity network. Though they no longer buy from Russia, the "connection" is being withdrawn, hmmmmm.......:whistling:

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, VBer said:

Im talking about fake photo, not about statistical data and. Yeah, economy collapsing, lets admit at, starvation coming soon. But why should post photo taken 30-40 years ago?

First things first. Do you agree that Russian staple food prices are rising fast as I stated and provided widely acceptable reference for?

Yes [  ]

No  [  ]

Edited by rabas
  • Haha 1