Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Anton Gerashchenko knows so little about warfare why is he posting about it?

Aircraft don't "shell" anything. That is artillery. Aircraft "bomb" or "fire at".

One aircraft destroyed a war does not win, but enjoy your small wins while Russia keeps advancing.

Oh look who’s piped up. Lol. 

This is back in March, so well over 100 now. Visually confirmed. 

In total, the Russian Air Force (VVS) has so far lost 105 aircraft, according to specialized open-source intelligence site Oryx (which only counts losses verified by visual documentation).

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2024/03/12/ukraine-is-catching-up-with-russia-in-aerial-warfare_6608793_4.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

watch the first 15 seconds. trump said.... 'i read', i didnt even know about it, he didnt tell me'! 

i didn't watch any further, i don't think i need to

so it would seem El' trumpo read the WSJ fake story too

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION!

you got me there!

I concede I didn't properly listen.

sorry.

Edited by tgw

45 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Morning Star? Haha, is that still going? I was actually a Times reader, sometimes the Telegraph. Based on your posts, I know the Sun or the Mail is your rag of choice.

Once again you show you know nothing, I wouldn't expect anything else from a Putin fanboy sitting in a "free" country....😬

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

how so??

not luck either, i made choices. i like the sun, sea and ease of Thai life. 

So do your comrades.............🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, rabas said:

You seem to make propaganda from thin air. He is not a native English speaker. 

Anton Yuriyovych Gerashchenko Anton Yuriyovych Herashchenko, born 10 February 1979) is a current official advisor and a former deputy minister at the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs He is a former member of the Ukrainian parliament (Verkhovna Rada) from 2014 to 2019,[3][5] and was the subject of an assassination attempt in part because of his actions, which was prevented by the SBU.

Obviously knows a whole lot of accurate information about Ukraine and the war. 

And your credentials?

BTW Russia tried to assassinate him.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Gerashchenko 

Then he should get his scribbles proof read by an English speaker. If I was trying to write in a second language I'd get a native speaker to check it- not rocket science.

I never claimed to know everything, but I know the military having been in one for over a decade, and I know correct terminology, for the most part.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Then he should get his scribbles proof read by an English speaker. If I was trying to write in a second language I'd get a native speaker to check it- not rocket science.

I never claimed to know everything, but I know the military having been in one for over a decade, and I know correct terminology, for the most part.

Russian.........?  🤔

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, rabas said:

You seem to make propaganda from thin air. He is not a native English speaker. 

Anton Yuriyovych Gerashchenko Anton Yuriyovych Herashchenko, born 10 February 1979) is a current official advisor and a former deputy minister at the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs He is a former member of the Ukrainian parliament (Verkhovna Rada) from 2014 to 2019,[3][5] and was the subject of an assassination attempt in part because of his actions, which was prevented by the SBU.

Obviously knows a whole lot of accurate information about Ukraine and the war. 

And your credentials?

BTW Russia tried to assassinate him.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Gerashchenko 

He's an unelected Ukraine Nationalist, and if you believe the Ukraine secret service, you are not as smart as I thought you were.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, RayC said:

I can only suggest that you read the link below a read as it gives a pretty good plotted history of the background to Putin's invasion.

Admittedly it is a long piece, but the bottom line is that the catalyst for Euromaidan was Yanukovych's unilateral and undemocratic decision not to sign the EU - Ukraine Association which had been agreed to by the Ukrainian parliament and which formed part of the manifesto on which he was elected.

In  Yanukovych's defence it could be argued that he was forced into this decision because Russia - which was against the signing of the Agreement - had applied economic sanctions on Ukraine and was providing financial and military support to the separatists in Eastern Ukraine. This in itself was not an altogether new development as Russia had been interfering in Ukraine's domestic affairs long before 2014.

Victoria Nuland's call was unhelpful as, for one thing, it drove a wedge between the EU and US: however to suggest that the US instigated Euromaidan is imo nonsense.

https://en.m.wikipedia

18 minutes ago, RayC said:

Victoria Nuland's call was unhelpful as, for one thing, it drove a wedge between the EU and US: however to suggest that the US instigated Euromaidan is imo nonsense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromaidan

.org/wiki/Euromaidan

why is it nonsense, because America wouldn't do such a thing?....so they haven't interfered in other countries politics for their benefit before?

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

why is it nonsense, because America wouldn't do such a thing?....so they haven't interfered in other countries politics for their benefit before?

I guess that you didn't read the link?

16 hours ago, rabas said:

Here's an attack aircraft shell casing expert!  So, if a ground attack aircraft fires shells at ground positions what is it called?  

So we conclude Anton's English is better than yours? 

Generally called "firing". Your link doesn't work for me  so I can't talk about what is on it.

However, you'll have to do better before concluding anything.

BTW I think this site knows more about it than you or I and they refer to your "shells" as rounds, and when all is said and done a 30mm cannon just fires big bullets, or in correct military terminology "rounds".

https://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/a-10/?cf-view&cf-closed

I surprised you didn't mention Puff The Magic Dragon as that had actual artillery on it, but were you even in the armed forces to be trying to correct me?

BTW, here's an article about Puff, and please note the terminology used when referring to using the weapons.

The guns to be active for firing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_AC-47_Spooky

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tgw said:

"Wray: “A Russian government-linked generative AI social media bot farm, where they were posing as, among others, US persons… and trying again to sell various narratives, and in that case, very heavily focus on the war in Ukraine and trying to get everybody turned against each other.”

I wonder how many of those we have on this forum.

so, you do you think that only Russia would be involved in cyber war fair? you don't think the likes of google & facebook would also be pushing 1 narrative and restricting another? do you think all you are told is correct? r

you remember the WMDs right? Assad gassing his own people, right? Anthrax? remember all those stories that weere proved to be lies...but continue to believe those same politicians and news outlets this time?

• Haha 1