British Tourist Injured in Gang Attack on Bangla Road, Patong

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong authorities are actively pursuing a group of men linked to a violent assault on Bangla Road, which resulted in injuries to a British tourist early yesterday morning. The altercation occurred in the vicinity of a 7-Eleven near Soi Sea Dragon around 4:40 am.

Upon police arrival, Charlie Faulkner, a British tourist, was discovered with a stab wound on his lower left side. Responders from the Kusoldharm Foundation provided initial medical aid and transported him to Patong Hospital for further treatment.

According to witnesses, Faulkner had engaged in a dispute with a group of Thai men prior to the stabbing. Following the attack, the assailants fled, leaving Faulkner to seek refuge within the 7-Eleven premises.

In response, Patong police have assembled an investigative team to review surveillance footage from the area, aiming to identify and apprehend the individuals involved in the assault.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Chanan Mekchai emphasized their commitment, stating, "We are diligently analyzing CCTV recordings and compiling essential evidence to ensure accountability for those responsible."

The investigation remains ongoing, with authorities urging anyone with pertinent information to come forward and aid in the resolution of the case.

Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most tourists are in bed asleep at 4 AM. It is likely that this Brit guy was not sober as well

and that is the time to be more friendly and polite.  It could have been a bit worse, he could have been shot.

i learned long ago to never get very drunk on my holiday to Thailand. I hope this guy learned that lesson as well.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Unfortunately you will get your 7/11 bill before your hospital bill 🤔 

yes .... the staff had to clean up all that blood on the floor ...

1 x bottle of floor cleaner

1 x sponge

1 x bucket

1 x tile shine

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

According to witnesses, Faulkner had engaged in a dispute with a group of Thai men prior to the stabbing.

That's one thing you DON'T do in Thailand, and, I'm guessing, one thing he'll never do again..

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Have you seen the CCTV of the incident? He didn't actually do anything, only go to the aid of some else who was getting assaulted 

Yep, that's what they all say. 

Did you hear the audio? 

Good work inspector

I'm sure he was assaulted for just being a good Samaritan. 😂

Maybe in the UK or Australia. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 5
  • Agree 1

Several year ago I contemplated moving from Thailand to Colombia. I had visited Colombia several times 

and found much to like. I decided to remain in Thailand in part, because I thought Thailand was much safer. 

As of late, I am  not sure that Thailand is safer. One more small item for my RFL File ( Reason For Leaving).

• Thumbs Up 2