Iranian president, foreign minister killed in tragic helicopter crash

webfact

18 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That would explain the Leicester City's boss tragic crash. Oh wait a moment..... Personally having only ever gone up in a helicopter once I would never do it again.

Safer than on a bus; I took a helicopter to work when working as a petroleum engineer and there were no fatalities in the 2 years I did it. 

• Confused 4

19 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That would explain the Leicester City's boss tragic crash. Oh wait a moment..... Personally having only ever gone up in a helicopter once I would never do it again.

Sorry, The Leicester City crash was an Italian designed and manufactured AgustaWestland AW169 twin engine helicopter. Must of been the Pope's fault.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Safer than on a bus; I took a helicopter to work when working as a petroleum engineer and there were no fatalities in the 2 years I did it. 

In my time at Norwegian sector, 4 helicopters down in 28 years. Helicopters have a few weanesses. I might have 500 helikopter trips included skydiving, and cant say it is as safe as a bus, but it is reasonable, but bad weather and lack of maintanence seems to be two plausable reasons for this accident.  

Posted (edited)

The extreme show of force in Palestine is a warning to anyone who would harm Israel or their people.

So is this helicopter "crash", a simple tiny bomb put on a vital component, obviously by a mossad agent, of which there are thousands, and in every country in the world.

A simple warning to any country or any leader trying to harm Israel.

Good riddance! 

And probably message received by all muslim countries attempting to harm any part of Israel, or any Jew anywhere.

Edited by CanadaSam
Added "good riddance".
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Some rather negative comments about a country that is generally peace loving. I find it funny when an American, for example, thinks Iran is evil. Iran has not started any war in the last say 100 years, compared to the US who have started many and one for a  made up reason, yet the Muslims are the bad guys.... 

With respect, this may be so but after the removal of the Shah of Persia by the Revolutionary Guards, Iran supported and funded terror organisations that die "the dirty work"!

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Why didn't the helicopter pilot give a MAY DAY CALL?

It crashed in fog, straight into the mountain, and probably had seconds to react.

One of the earliest lessons in flight training is the aviation order of operations in an emergency, aviate, navigate, communicate, In that priority order.

There was not time to send a may day call and what would it have achieved, as the flight route was known, there were other helicopters flying with them, and the rescue was delayed because the thick fog stopped an aerial search and the crash was in remote and difficult terrain, pictured below.

Iranian state media has shared the last known picture of the helicopter from yesterday.

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Like 1