When to retire in Thailand: A guide to your dream retirement

On 5/22/2024 at 8:04 AM, CharlieH said:

This arrangement necessitates a notable financial investment in a Thai banking institution and comprehensive health insurance coverage among other requirements.

3 years on retirement visa and I have never been asked about insurance by anyone!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/23/2024 at 9:17 AM, CanadaSam said:

3 years on retirement visa and I have never been asked about insurance by anyone!

You have a Non-Imm O visa?  As far as I know, the requirement is only for Non-Imm OA retirement visas (and extensions). 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 7:17 PM, CanadaSam said:

If you have a heart attack they will ask at the hospital.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JTXR said:

Sorry if it's a smart-ass comment, but I honestly believe the time to retire to Thailand is 1995.

A bit late but better late than never.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JTXR said:

As far as I know, the requirement is only for Non-Imm OA retirement visas (and extensions). 

Yes, I have a retirement visa (and many extensions).  It's strange to never have been asked.  Perhaps I look very rich 🤣

I couldn't advise anyone to retire to Thailand, they hate foreigners and will jail/fine/deport a foreigner for a trivial offence that won't cost a Thai 500bht and an apology. While Thais can gang up to stab and beat us at anything that makes them a little angry ..... And they all have very short fuses.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I couldn't advise anyone to retire to Thailand, they hate foreigners and will jail/fine/deport a foreigner for a trivial offence that won't cost a Thai 500bht and an apology. While Thais can gang up to stab and beat us at anything that makes them a little angry ..... And they all have very short fuses.

Try changing your dress code..........😬

On 5/23/2024 at 2:25 AM, mania said:

Hopefully your conscious when they do ask for it 😉 

He didn't say he never had, merely that he'd not been asked.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Come on , don't hold back.  Say what you really think of the locals . No need to walk on eggs.