Non Immigrant O based on Thai Child (update 2024)

Sawasdee krub all,

I would like to know the different possibility to apply a visa Non Immigrant O based on Thai Child.

Single Entry ? Multiple entry ?

Any Proof income ?

Appointement ?

Time process ? 1 days ? 2 days ?

Price ?

Any Experience consulate in Asia Region, Laos (Vientiane, Savannakhet), Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh), Malaysia (Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Kota Bahru), Cambodia, Mynamar, China, Hong Kong  and other in Asia?

I would appreciate all any review, experience...

Thank you so much for your help

Have a good day

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, Assume you have joint custody? 

Jack, read his previous posts.

He's not new to this and already has the answers, having obtained a Non Imm O SE based on Thai child last year.

He's ideally looking for the Non Imm O ME without financials IMHO.

Likewise, he obviously cannot or has been refused an extension because he doesn't meet the criteria.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

He's ideally looking for the Non Imm O ME without financials.

My understanding is that currently he cannot obtain a multi entry visa based on Thai child from places such as Savannakhet. 

The best option is a non O + extension, however you indicate that's not an option. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The best option is a non O + extension, however you indicate that's not an option. 

It's an option he had but didn't take last year.

Unmarried, so assuming he didn't meet the criteria for a 1-year extension, either insufficient proof of financials, not legalised as the Father, and/or the child lives with the Mother, so she is the dependant, not him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Unmarried, so assuming he didn't meet the criteria for a 1-year extension,......

I now see OP previous threads 

eg...

Might help if OP gave full story of current situation.

@sarayoot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I now see OP previous threads 

eg...

Might help if OP gave full story of current situation.

@sarayoot

@DrJack54 @Liquorice

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sorry for my poor english.

In fact, I want only visit other city in Southeast Asian, I went to Savannakhet more 20 times and I was wondering how was the others city to apply a non immingrant visa.

So I would like review/experience about Hanoi Consulate, Kuala Lumpur consulate etc ?

Thanks again

Single entry 90 days (2,000 baht) plus 60 days extension for another 2,000 baht.  Gives you 150 days... then repeat. That's it... that's all you can get. No ME or anything like that. The other option is 400,000 baht in a Thai Bank in your name... 2 months prior to applying for extension in order to qualify for a 1 year extension. Then other extra information/pictures depending in your province Immigration office (Plus the mom of your child going with you). 

12 minutes ago, JGon said:

Single entry 90 days (2,000 baht) plus 60 days extension for another 2,000 baht.  Gives you 150 days... then repeat

It's an option. Would need to exit Thailand for the new non O.

Not best option for ongoing living in Thailand 

On 5/22/2024 at 6:56 PM, JGon said:

Single entry 90 days (2,000 baht) plus 60 days extension for another 2,000 baht.  Gives you 150 days... then repeat. That's it... that's all you can get. No ME or anything like that. The other option is 400,000 baht in a Thai Bank in your name... 2 months prior to applying for extension in order to qualify for a 1 year extension. Then other extra information/pictures depending in your province Immigration office (Plus the mom of your child going with you). 

Thanks. Yes I know Single entry 90 days (2000 Thb) and Extension 60 days at immigration (1900 Thb) so can stay 150 days in Thailand. 

I had also successfully 2 times a 1-Year Extension with 400K in the account Bank.

In fact I like travel and discover other city in South East Asia and apply a Non Immigrant Visa.

Thanks again

have a good day

On 5/22/2024 at 7:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

It's an option. Would need to exit Thailand for the new non O.

Not best option for ongoing living in Thailand 

Thanks again @DrJack54

Yes I prefer exit to Thailand and get a new visa. Also to travel and discover other city and embassy.

I'm tired of Savannakhet because I went more 20 times lol

So I would like if possible any recents review other embassy in Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia etc ...

Thanks all