Just got my Yellow house book and pink ID card....

Good Day All,

I just got my yellow house book and pink ID card...quick question with maybe an obvious answer..

Can I use these docs to register the address for my tm 30 reporting address online...or easier just to use wife's blue book and ID..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Can I use these docs to register the address for my tm 30 reporting address online...or easier just to use wife's blue book and ID..

I registered and submitted my last TM30, uploading copies of my Passport data page, yellow book address page and pink Thai ID card.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I am told you can use the yellow book and pink ID card for reporting online, so worth a try. You will find the pink ID card more useful generally than is indicated on this forum. I have used it, inter alia,  when entering certain buildings, when identifying myself to the police, and at my local hospital.

Yes, they are probably worth getting if you have a friendly amphur. Yellow book I've always had, one day my wife came back, tap tapped my rear, kissed me in the neck and handed it over to me: "Teelag here is your lellow  book". I had now idea what it was. Pink card I got recently, the guy issuing them is a [real] friend and it was nice a have a coffee while talking about the kids.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, UWEB said:

I just have used my Yellow Housebook and pink Card to register my new Car.

Great, the "yellow book are useless brigade" will not show up now......😂

Eh, PJ.........🤭

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Note that officially, the Pink Card is only able to be used in the province of issue.  Despite that I have used my Pink card in many other provinces, when checking into hotels. Only time it was refused was when I needed it for boarding a domestic flight with Air Asia, from the airport within the issuing province!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I applied early last year, but my documents only got registered in November. The lady in charge insisted that was the correct date! At first she said that she didn't know about this request and had to consult with her Manager!

We made several visits since then. Once I was asked to get a letter from Immigration re my visa, which I did.( then she said it was not needed!). Then I had to get verification of my passport by the British Consulate in Bangkok, which I did. 

I was told that I had to be resident at my permanent address for at least 60 days! 
I was told that I would receive a phone call to further process my application.

As I hadn't heard, and 60 days had lapsed, I went back to see her. She recognized me immediately and addressed me by my first name! Then insisted that I had to await for her phone call. She explained to my wife that she was very busy with registration of births and deaths etc etc.

asked to speak with her Manager. He couldn't speak English and was very abrupt to my wife, with no explanation for the delay or given an estimated time.

So we went to see the Head of the Center (Deputy Sheriff). He was apologetic and reiterated that the center was very busy. But promised to call my wife with an answer on the same day. But he never called. So we called again and he promised to speak to the Officer in charge and get back to us. But nothing so far! Except that the Manager added my wife to his Line contact!

So I am wondering how long did it take Martin or anyone, from the time of applying to receipt of the book and card?

I appreciate it may vary from area to area, but just to get a rough idea. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Only time it was refused was when I needed it for boarding a domestic flight with Air Asia, from the airport within the issuing province!!!!!!!!

That's because when you book internal flights, the site requires details in English language.

The pink ID card is in Thai only, and it's not the job of airline check in staff to translate that name into English.
Thai ID cards on the other hand are printed in both Thai and English.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

That's because when you book internal flights, the site requires details in English language.

The pink ID card is in Thai only, and it's not the job of airline check in staff to translate that name into English.
Thai ID cards on the other hand are printed in both Thai and English.

No problem using it on the return journey from Don Muang the next day.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tazmo said:

So I am wondering how long did it take Martin or anyone, from the time of applying to receipt of the book and card?

It sounds as though you're being given the run around.
Are you applying at your local District Amphoe, or the Provincial Amphoe?

These days it's fairly standard to request an Embassy certified copy of your Passport data page, officially translated into Thai, then legalised by the Consular section of the MFA before they will process your application.

I applied for my first Tabien Baan before these required shenanigans, the only requirement being a Thai translation of my passport data page, which I did myself.
From entering the Amphoe it took 40 minutes to issue the Tabien Baan and that was only because the girl entering the registration on the database twice copied the information incorrectly, so the first two books had typo errors. A further 10 minutes to merely move to another desk, where they took a passport type photo and thumbprint, then printed the ID card. Less than an hour, in and out.

20 BHT fee for the protective plastic cover for the ID card.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

No problem using it on the return journey from Don Muang the next day.

As Air Asia explained to me.
Check in staff are not qualified to translate a name in Thai to English.
There may be staff who can confidently correctly translate the name, and other staff who cannot.
They are quite within their rights to request a form of ID that matches your booking form.

There are times I've found it accepted, and other times they've insisted on my Passport.

Only when travelling do I carry my Passport, just in case.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Eh, PJ.........🤭

Yes, I hope so. You can make a start and delete your Account.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Eh, PJ.........🤭

FWIT, I am not part of any "brigade", just reporting my experiences. And for me, the pink card/yellow book has never been accepted at the land transport department for car or driving licence stuff (Pattaya). Yellow book is OK for immigration, but not banks or other institutions I have tried using it. So for me still useful, but no, not life changing. YMMW.

• Haha 1

Firstly many thanks for all those with useful replies.. much appreciated..

A few people had a few questions so I will try and answer them...

I live out in the cuds/boonies/sticks in Nakhorn Ratchasima and from start to finish entering the ampour to leaving with book and id about an hour and a half...

The paperwork I used was slightly unorthodox.. for proof of address I used a driving licence and a tm 28 (believe it not I don't care)...but as a disclaimer the ampour is very small and never busy and they don't mind a bit of missing paperwork... 

Will it change my life.. no.. has having the id and yellow book saved me a 3000 baht 5 hour round trip to Korat for a certificate of residence to renew my driving licences from this day on ...yes..

Has my wife who works 2 days a week in the Changwat clinic and 3 days a week in the government hospital admin dept managed to get me on the books at the hospital, so if I have a problem I will only be charged the same as someone who has been paying social security... yes..

So it won't change my life but in the day and a half I have had it, it has been bloody useful....

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, khm2412 said:

For example, we went to get a tax identification number for our Housing Estate Juristic Person

Off-topic, but why would you need a TIN for the Juristic person of the housing estate.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

FWIT, I am not part of any "brigade", just reporting my experiences. And for me, the pink card/yellow book has never been accepted at the land transport department for car or driving licence stuff (Pattaya). Yellow book is OK for immigration, but not banks or other institutions I have tried using it. So for me still useful, but no, not life changing. YMMW.

I was asked for yellow book when I opened a bank account.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

And for me, the pink card/yellow book has never been accepted at the land transport department for car or driving licence stuff (Pattaya).

Mine was (Pattaya) for motorcycle license renewal.

Yellow book is OK for immigration, but not banks or other institutions I have tried using it.

W/ bank book I've used it to withdraw money over the counter at my branch of Bangkok Bank. Another institution: the post office.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Were you wearing flip-flops and a tank top..........🤔

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

Eh, PJ.........🤭

Oh, I'm not so sure about that... 

... Neeranam must be getting that whiff of 'forum-cat-nip' by now

... its going to be extremely difficult for him not to show up and post some misinformation, untruths or outright lies... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to all those who have taken the time to reply. All useful to know.

It’s not a ‘ life or death’ situation that I must have one. I got the idea from this forum.

Anyway, from one of the replies it would appear that the Amphur that I live in, is the problem in that someone else has been waiting for “ years”!  I live in Mae Rim, Chiang Mai Province.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1