Ireland, Norway, & Spain to Recognize Palestinian State Amid Ongoing Israel-Hamas Conflict

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel supporting a non terrorist group Hamas 20 years ago is very different to Spain/Ireland/Norway supporting Hamas the terror group today 

Spain/Ireland/Norway are not ‘supporting Hamas’.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel supporting a non terrorist group Hamas 20 years ago is very different to Spain/Ireland/Norway supporting Hamas the terror group today 

Oh, rumination comes to mind, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Who do they recognise as the Palestine government ?

They are recognizing Palestine.

Do you need to have the difference between ‘Palestine’ and ‘Hamas’ explained to you?

One is recognized as a nation, the other very explicitly recognized as a terrorist organization.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

They are recognizing Palestine.

Do you need to have the difference between ‘Palestine’ and ‘Hamas’ explained to you?

One is recognized as a nation, the other very explicitly recognized as a terrorist organization.

Who will they be dealing with when speaking to the Palestine Government ?

I have noticed that since the Norway/ Spain /Ireland announcement all the Palestinian supporters are moving away from Hamas .

Quietly shuffling their feet over a bit  to put some distance  between themselves and Hamas 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I have noticed that since the Norway/ Spain /Ireland announcement all the Palestinian supporters are moving away from Hamas .

Quietly shuffling their feet over a bit  to put some distance  between themselves and Hamas 

Trolling at its best aint you

you didnt answer my reply to you about Messiah/Jesus

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Trolling at its best aint you

you didnt answer my reply to you about Messiah/Jesus

It is a genuine question .

Who will Spain/Ireland/Norway be dealing with when dealing with a Palestine Government ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It is a genuine question .

Who will Spain/Ireland/Norway be dealing with when dealing with a Palestine Government ?

Thats a far shot, and not going to be while the war is going on, but after the war is over. They simply said, reqonizing palestinians right to have their own state!

But again, I think that is not realistic anymore and way to late and a very naiv idea. 

Just now, Hummin said:

Thats a far shot, and not going to be while the war is going on, but after the war is over. They simply said, reqonizing palestinians right to have their own state!

But again, I think that is not realistic anymore and way to late and a very naiv idea. 

No they didnt , they stated that they recognise a Palestine state NOW and they will take measures to normalise relations . 

They will need to talk to someone to arrange things like embassies and whatever .

Who will they be talking to ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You’ve noticed nothing of the sort.

You’ve dreamed it up.

I and many others on this forum have frequently stated Hamas are a terrorist organization, their terrorist attack was an obscenity and their taking/holding hostages is a war crime.

So away with you and your disgraceful and baseless accusations.

• Thumbs Up 1

No they didnt , they stated that they recognise a Palestine state NOW and they will take measures to normalise relations . 

They will need to talk to someone to arrange things like embassies and whatever .

Who will they be talking to ?

A bit different from Støres news intervju yesterday, but 

I guess those three countries had meetings between themselves among other countries joining the next weeks or months. Measuring the impact of those three braking the news now! 

https://www.irishtimes.com/politics/2024/05/22/what-irish-recognition-for-the-state-of-palestine-means-and-how-it-happened/

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve dreamed it up.

I and many others on this forum have frequently stated Hamas are a terrorist organization, their terrorist attack was an obscenity and their taking/holding hostages is a war crime.

Shouldn't really be necessary, but thats their way of constantly hammering the same over and over, without aknownledging Isreals responsibility leading to the final terrorists attacks.

When Isreal being seen and treated as Russia, we can start talking about progress. 

Two evils doesnt make one right

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement! This is uncharted territory,nations  appeasing ( giving in) to terror , all to maintain world peace!

Its UNHEARD-OF .

Some of the people are really so naive. Israeli Jews used similar tactics when they were fighting for their own country.

"

Terrorism: a Tactical Weapon for Strategic Purposes

6 The Jewish underground groups launched their insurgency against the British on 31 October 1945 with a series of coordinated attacks against the railways, oil refineries, and police boats. The anti-British insurgency continued for nearly two years, in two phases. The first, often referred to as the "United Resistance" phase, lasted from October 1945 to August 1946. During this period, the three groups attempted to coordinate their actions against the British, but political and strategic disagreements precluded a wholly united front. The Haganah used violence as a pressure tactic to persuade the British to change their policy on Jewish immigration into Palestine. So, it limited its attacks mostly to targets related to anti-immigration efforts, such as coastal radar stations and police boats. But it also sabotaged the railway as a way of imposing economic pressure on the British. The Irgun and Stern groups, however, were committed to all-out "national liberation" wars. They did not believe that the British would give Palestine to the Jews and thus were determined to force them out. They tried to increase the human and political costs to Britain of remaining in Palestine by attacking British troops and police, military bases and police stations, oil refineries, trains, bridges, and banks. Between them, the three groups carried out 78 attacks in the nine months after October 1945. However, the united resistance dissolved after the Irgun blew up the British administration headquarters in the King David Hotel in Jerusalem in July 1946, killing 92 people. Following that disaster, which was a grave embarrassment to the moderate Zionists, the Haganah effectively withdrew from armed operations. Unrestrained by the need for a united front, the Irgun and the Stern Gang rapidly escalated the levels of violence nearly four-fold in this second phase, carrying out 286 attacks over the next twelve months. Casualties exceeded 1,000 over the whole two-year period.6"

https://journals.lib.unb.ca/index.php/jcs/article/view/10538/11136

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

A bit different from Støres news intervju yesterday, but 

I guess those three countries had meetings between themselves among other countries joining the next weeks or months. Measuring the impact of those three braking the news now! 

https://www.irishtimes.com/politics/2024/05/22/what-irish-recognition-for-the-state-of-palestine-means-and-how-it-happened/

Ah, that is indeed interesting .

Ireland will recognise the P.A as the Palestinian  Government .

The P.A and Hamas have been fighting each other for control of Gaza .

Hamas could soon be at war with Ireland , as Ireland support their rival, the P.A 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, niccodemi said:

Some of the people are really so naive. Israeli Jews used similar tactics when they were fighting for their own country.

We have been asked many many times to stop giving history lessons and to stay on topic .

Every thread just ends up in history lessons 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve dreamed it up.

So, do you agree with the IDF's actions of going after the Hamas war criminals in Gaza and eliminating them and freeing the hostages ?

Numerous posters on here have also stated that Hamas are freedom fighters and the hostages are prisoners of war , and it seems like they are now turning their back on Hamas 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been asked many many times to stop giving history lessons and to stay on topic .

Every thread just ends up in history lessons 

History has a tendency to repeat itself! That's why I do not support my government acknowledge of the palestinian state now, because of the precedence it sets for future. Terrorism should not pay off!

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

When Isreal being seen and treated as Russia, we can start talking about progress. 

Two evils doesnt make one right

The Ukraine was invaded by Russia 

Israel was invaded by Palestine .

Russia and Palestine are the invaders .

Ukraine and Israel are fighting back against the invaders .

Israel are just faring better now than Ukraine 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Right and Israel has not been occupying Palestinian territories for 50+ years ...

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

Still I do not agree with the timing, and totally dissagree with the goverment for doing so now! But I see the press around the world, and it is as expected completely taken out of perspective and meaning behind the action. 

They did so as a rebuke to israel for it's war crimes and crimes against humanity, IMO.

They probably know nothing will improve life for the Palestinians as long as the US uses the veto to cover for israeli atrocities. This is probably the only thing that they could realistically do for Palestine.

Are we really going back to this? Israel have done nothing, just defending themselves? 

I see it different than you, as we have discussed several times in other treads. 

And it is because of the history behind the latest aknownledge of palestine right to be a state or as latest news state. Full aknownledge as a state because of latest terror attack and war! 

Terrorism should not be rewarded! 

History repeats itself!

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They did so as a rebuke to israel for it's war crimes and crimes against humanity, IMO.

They probably know nothing will improve life for the Palestinians as long as the US uses the veto to cover for israeli atrocities. This is probably the only thing that they could realistically do for Palestine.

Should had been long time ago, or later after this war was over!

I think it is to late for a two state solution, especially thinking of the geografi of the land pieces left for Palestinians, and how Israel never can trust the Palestinians. 

Just to mention, the 1948/49 map of boarders is impossible to secure. Israel  was doomed before it got started. Cant believe anyone believed it was strategic possible to secure peace with those borders. 

Cant believe anyone believed this would work, same as today some believe a two state solution is possible based on the pieces left, because Israel will never go back to 1967 boarders. 

Borders explained here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-54116567.amp

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What utter nonsense.  Israel imposed on embargo on Gaza when Hamas won the election in 2007. Because it explicitly said that Hamas was a terrorist organizaion. It helped support Qatar when it was giving aid to Hamas to the tune of 30 million dollars a month. Netanyahu said he was doing that to prop up Hamas against the PA. Hamas needed that propping because it had become so unpopular in Gaza.

Stop making things up.

That doesn't actually actually have anything to do with what I posted  . Your claims that I an making things up are untrue and I didn't post nonsense 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What utter nonsense.  Israel imposed on embargo on Gaza when Hamas won the election in 2007. Because it explicitly said that Hamas was a terrorist organizaion. It helped support Qatar when it was giving aid to Hamas to the tune of 30 million dollars a month. Netanyahu said he was doing that to prop up Hamas against the PA. Hamas needed that propping because it had become so unpopular in Gaza.

Stop making things up.

Actually Israel only helped facilitate money to Hamas from 2018 to 2023. Qatar was very able to do it on its own before then as it remains to this day. Hamas getting finances is not a problem, just ask Iran.

How unpopular was Hamas in 2018 when Israel starting facilitating it with the knowledge of the US?

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That doesn't actually actually have anything to do with what I posted  . Your claims that I an making things up are untrue and I didn't post nonsense 

You can say when someone is very biased and selective when it comes to facts. Not willing to look at leading  and historical reasons for what we experience today!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually Israel only helped facilitate money to Hamas from 2018 to 2023. Qatar was very able to do it on its own before then as it remains to this day. Hamas getting finances is not a problem, just ask Iran.

How unpopular was Hamas in 2018 when Israel starting facilitating it with the knowledge of the US?

Unpopular enough that Netanyahu felt he had intervene to help shore up Hamas' popularity. That's how unpopular. Really? Hamas was getting all the aid it wanted from Iran? It didn't want any more? You got some evidence to support that?

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You claimed that Israel supported Hamas when it was doing good. Right from the start, Hamas called for the eradication of Israel. In fact, its earlier constitution was blatantly genocidal. Yet Israel supported it? Really?

• Thanks 1