Let's talk about depression

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

In Australia to see a GP costs me $60 after Medicare rebate , something like 5 minutes consultation .

Blood tests are FREE by the Australian government though and I get a full blood test monthly 

But paying $60 just to see a doctor for 5 minutes is outrageous 

Mind you I paid the equivalent of $42 AUD to see Dr Oliver in  Pattaya recently AND he wanted 1400 baht or around $65 AUD for a blood test !!!!!

1400 baht for a blood test !

Whenever I see Dr Oliver for a consultation about vaccinations, my lungs etc, he doesn't charge me, only a reasonable fee for any medicines 🙂

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im going to be honest with you ,I took 7 weeks leave from my job .

Pattaya made me depressed especially after 3 weeks 

The greatest happy moments was walking up & down  the Manila subway last Monday & Tuesday night !!!!!

Just the look on the passengers face as they looked up at me walking through the 8 carriages .

I was dangling a set of keys in one hand patrolling like a police man , I felt good 

Have you ever thought of joining the Thai tourist police volunteers?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

In Australia to see a GP costs me $60 after Medicare rebate , something like 5 minutes consultation .

Blood tests are FREE by the Australian government though and I get a full blood test monthly 

Mind you I paid the equivalent of $42 AUD to see Dr Oliver in  Pattaya recently AND he wanted 1400 baht or around $65 AUD for a blood test !!!!!

Blood tests at lifecare lab is the best and cheapest, package 4 is 700 baht

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Whenever I see Dr Oliver for a consultation about vaccinations, my lungs etc, he doesn't charge me, only a reasonable fee for any medicines 🙂

That's because he enjoys doing the prostate exam on you 🍑🤞

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I get a blood test once a year, and it doesn't cost me in NZ.

Given the infrastructure required to do millions of blood tests it might actually cost near that, especially if Thais don't pay much, OR he wants to buy a Lamborghini.

I had a night in a Lamphun private hospital with an IV ( nothing else ) and it would have cost me 50,000 baht if I hadn't had insurance.