Which one do you think you will get first, the cancer or the heart attack?

After good men spend a lifetime grinding their hands down to the bone for nothing, we are met with either cancer or heart disease.

How about you? Which one do you think you will get first?  I would like cancer first.  It seems more gradual amd less sudden.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Heart attack. It runs in the family and my blood pressure is too high so it's more or less inevitable. I just hope I go quickly. Fortunately, there isn't any cancer in my family.

Sorry but this topic lacks the basic intelligence before it was even opened. Do you really not understand this yourself? First of all, we can't control or decide to get a (deadly or late detected) cancer at any random age. Secondly we can't control the same thing with a heart attack. To talk about ''not smoking reduces the heart attack chance with 20%'' is complete BS, sure it's nice to add on if you can, but in terms of actual odds or percentages insignificant AKA big BS. 

Anyways, if you want to worry as a male in general, and look at pension ages at the same time, I can educate you quickly: 1/4 male die before 65. Even more before 70 and 75. They tell you to work until around that age, and most of you plan to live the good life from 50-55. I tell you now once only: you are doing it wrong if that applies to you.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Heart attack. It runs in the family and my blood pressure is too high so it's more or less inevitable. I just hope I go quickly. Fortunately, there isn't any cancer in my family.

Cliche BS, you would be the guy dying of cancer premature, just because of that assumption, in theory. That is the reality of the odds, nothing personal. Chances might be higher to just die of a random accident in the first place. To plan life, at retirement ages, decided be employers, is the entire brain<deleted>.

One should live and plan life, as if it doesn't even last after 50-55. If people did that, everything after would be bonus, and most make it until 50-55 too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Posted (edited)

Knew a guy in Chiang Mai, from Austria, never smoked drinked or did girls, lived here since many years though. I always felt sorry for him; he lived such a boring life, never enjoying a single thing, but apparently so healthy.

Guess what happened? No joke here. He was like late 30s or early 40s, collapsed at Central festival chiang mai + death on the spot. I guess except for a small circle nobody even knows today he died, because he was such a boring person. To then take in mind that he worried about health all the time.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

After good men spend a lifetime grinding their hands down to the bone for nothing, we are met with either cancer or heart disease.

How about you? Which one do you think you will get first?  I would like cancer first.  It seems more gradual amd less sudden.

Ehh yeah right, until you find out at stage 4 and your gone 2-6 months later, while suffering hardcore on a hard attempt chemo anyway. Trust me a heart attack + done is better.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Kicked in the head on soi 6.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Sorry but this topic lacks the basic intelligence before it was even opened. Do you really not understand this yourself? First of all, we can't control or decide to get a (deadly or late detected) cancer at any random age. Secondly we can't control the same thing with a heart attack. To talk about ''not smoking reduces the heart attack chance with 20%'' is complete BS, sure it's nice to add on if you can, but in terms of actual odds or percentages insignificant AKA big BS. 

Anyways, if you want to worry as a male in general, and look at pension ages at the same time, I can educate you quickly: 1/4 male die before 65. Even more before 70 and 75. They tell you to work until around that age, and most of you plan to live the good life from 50-55. I tell you now once only: you are doing it wrong if that applies to you.

Do you smoke?

17 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Knew a guy in Chiang Mai, from Austria, never smoked drinked or did girls, lived here since many years though. I always felt sorry for him; he lived such a boring life, never enjoying a single thing, but apparently so healthy.

Guess what happened? No joke here. He was like late 30s or early 40s, collapsed at Central festival chiang mai + death on the spot. I guess except for a small circle nobody even knows today he died, because he was such a boring person. To then take in mind that he worried about health all the time.

Totally agree, when the big man calls it's time to go. 

Make the most of each and every day.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Astrazeneca

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Grecian said:

Do you smoke?

He's probably weak willed and/or in denial but, as an ex-smoker I can confirm that my system works a whole lot better without puffing cigarettes all day - about 20% better so the claim probably checks out.

Edited by BigBruv
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Suicide pill with three wonderful delayed drugs before the final toxic shuts you down and off. That would be a nice way to go.

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 2

I expect to die from,

Not cancer,

But, a Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Every time I hear this song,

I die just a little bit more.

Someday, this song will totally finish me off....

Suicide, if I can maintain my sanity while I am dealing with the cancer. Somehow I think it will be prostate cancer that gets me.

There are no heart attacks and not too many cancers in the family (blood relations). Any cancers have been limited to breast and ovarian cancers. 

On the other hand diabetes is rife....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 10:19 PM, PJ71 said:

Totally agree, when the big man calls it's time to go. 

What if you don't believe in the big man? I believe in the two small Thai men that have just treated me for cancer though.

Posted (edited)

I dont know ,but I hope its a massive 

heart attack , in my sleep.
Fingers crossed!

I told mine ,that if this happens to me , don’t be sad , its the way I would prefer.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 9:44 PM, Chris Daley said:

In my case both came to the party.Quadruple bypass @59. Colon "C" @ 67. Survived each , kind of, but a lifetime of (functional alcoholism) will do that to a bloke. I've tapped on the brakes @ 73 but no real regrets as I've nothing to compare it to. Enjoy life's little pleasures.

What money I never spent on myself I spent on those who took care of me when I needed it most. Msg from "heavens waiting room"

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2024 at 9:49 PM, scubascuba3 said:

If you survive those there's always dementia, Parkinson's etc, better to choose an end date

After you had a good run and if any of those surface  - I agree with you 100% after seeing the state my dad got in with dementia.

• Agree 1