Apology from Pattaya Pub Guards after Assault on Tourists

webfact

At the very least....

The guard on the left could shave his mustache....

As a sign of remorse.

(It's like cutting off ones que, in atonement, only less so....)

image.png.22ed73ac8193ba603ea7ab1b934f058e.png

Cutting off just a mustache is not as bad as cutting off one's cue.

In addition, the guard would be even handsomer without his mustache.

• Confused 1

I know in Oz they have to do a 10 day minimum course plus registration.

But hey this is Thailand..

A uniform and a hasp.

Pair of boots.

Oh plus attitude.

Off they go.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Hilarious... where did you find these buzz words... 10 to 1 you cannot define either of them... google can be your friend if you can figure out how to use it... which I highly doubt.

46 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

OK so these three Thai guys can kick the crap of of Farangs but the other story on today's news is about a brit that punch a Russian for touching up his wife, and the brit is in jail and these 3 Thai guys get to nod there idiot heads and all is forgiven. 

You do know that the Russian died, don't you? You can't tell the difference between the two incidents?

The people who profit off these establishments obviously made them apologize. Personally if I had to make a bet I’d bet the guys did something to deserve what they got. And I don’t wanna hear the you can’t do anything to deserve that. I just don’t see rogue violence like that unless it’s warranted in some way. Just a guess don’t get you panties in a twist over a guess

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You make a good point. Take away everything that us evil foreigners have invented and the Thais would have nothing, nothing at all, as they have never invented a single thing in the country's history. No phones. no tv, no motor vehicles, nothing. And before Thai apologists point to Thai silk, the industry was established by an American. And Red Bull was a local brew until bought by an Austrian who refined it and marketed it worldwide. Even most Thai food is a combination of Indian and Chinese. The most successful Thai export is prostitution, with experts in that field established in towns and cities throughout the world.

You forgot about the tuk-tuk and the operating table for elephants

Edited by fredwiggy

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

These Thai thugs and thousands others are just itching to have a shot at foreigners. Almost always in unfair numbers, of course. They loathe us behind those fake smiles. :coffee1:

Agree  except it looked like it was fair numbers at the start. They were definitely itching 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You make a good point. Take away everything that us evil foreigners have invented and the Thais would have nothing, nothing at all, as they have never invented a single thing in the country's history. No phones. no tv, no motor vehicles, nothing. And before Thai apologists point to Thai silk, the industry was established by an American. And Red Bull was a local brew until bought by an Austrian who refined it and marketed it worldwide. Even most Thai food is a combination of Indian and Chinese. The most successful Thai export is prostitution, with experts in that field established in towns and cities throughout the world.

It would actually be really nice to be here without all those things in my opinion. And even more interesting is I bet most thais would like it better too. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You clearly don't know Thailand very well. These kind of incidents happen on an almost daily basis in Thailand, but it is usually Thai(s) on Thai. They fight like a pack of rabid dogs, with the scale of violence far in excess of what we would see in the west. Many Thai men are uneducated neanderthals who have no sense of moderation and the fact that the way they fight could result in brain damage or death never occurs to them, as they are too stupid to join the dots. The thug savagely kicking the guy in the white shirt when he was down and absolutely no threat at all tells you all you need to know. This still from a video shows the thug running at the victim so fast he is blurred in the photo. But you claim - you 'guess' - such excessive violence must have been warranted. You 'bet' they deserved it.

videoframe_16764.png

I know Thailand and Thais well enough to state my opinion. Thais do t do this type of stuff, like say Americans would, completely undeservingly. It just does t happen. It’s you who doesn’t know Thailand very well if you think it does. 

ps why did you crop out the woman’s left cheek 

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

These Thai thugs and thousands others are just itching to have a shot at foreigners. Almost always in unfair numbers, of course. They loathe us behind those fake smiles. :coffee1:

Agree  except it looked like it was fair numbers at the start. They were definitely itching 

8 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I know Thailand and Thais well enough to state my opinion. Thais do t do this type of stuff, like say Americans would, completely undeservingly. It just does t happen. It’s you who doesn’t know Thailand very well if you think it does. 

ps why did you crop out the woman’s left cheek 

This, like he said, happens daily here. Every day you see this on TV, 5 against 1, kicking them while down, using sticks and machetes. If you see it happen on TV this much, you know it's just the tip of the iceberg of how many times it's happening countrywide and it's not publicized. This does not happen in the US besides gangs against gangs, and I don't hear about it happening anywhere else besides SE Asia. I knew how Thailand was 25 years before I moved here, and it's been shown to be true the longer I stay.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Although the two victims have yet to file an official complaint, the incident has raised serious concerns about tourist safety in Pattaya. Local authorities are now under pressure to ensure such incidents do not recur, aiming to maintain Pattaya’s image as a tourist-friendly destination."

What? No mention of "family-friendly" any more?

This mentality/behavior will take years to change.   Thank You Thailand for at least starting the changes and listening to people/society.  

My very basic understanding is that this was more acceptable in the past. As mentioned and proven in Video some take it Way to Far.  Police = provide help/assistance act with knowledge and understanding to resolve issues fairly.

A motionless person is not a Threat or Danger to Anyone.  Hope media will report on this case from courts until verdict.

We can All do better to help less experienced and knowledgeable people to understand and resolve issues without Physical Conflict.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Not charged with anything so no hand cuffs makes sense.

Well they should be charged, but they are Thai and belong to a mafia group of thugs for hire.

• Agree 2