Apology from Pattaya Pub Guards after Assault on Tourists

webfact

Farangs don't fight in groups.  Untied we stand; divided we fall.  If you're going to get in a fight with a Thai in a bar scene, better have a entourage of friends who are completely like-minded and willing to fight as a coordinated group.  Fight as an individual and you'll just get beat-down by a group of Thais.

Thai are raised to beat-down single individuals as a group thus insuring maximum damage to those who are group-attacked with minimum chance of suffering injuries themselves.  Then after the beating are over, the cops let it all go with a wai and a small fine.  And then they go out and do it again as there is not down-side to their actions.

Welcome to Thailand - TIT.

On 5/28/2024 at 3:27 AM, webfact said:

Local authorities are now under pressure to ensure such incidents do not recur, aiming to maintain Pattaya’s image as a tourist-friendly destination.

"We love tourist <multiple football kicks to the head and body>  See, they fall down easy.  No cause problem anymore.  Ha ha ha!  Tourist are fun.  No know how to fight Thai group.  Ha ha ha!"

On 5/28/2024 at 6:43 AM, stoner said:

the PM should be coming out and condemning this brutal violence....this being a buddhist country and all. 

can i get some thai netcitizens outrage ? 

I'd be curious to know what the local Thai population thinks.

28 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're saying that the video that actually showed the three British morons walking away isn't genuine?

No, I'm saying it does not have a time or date stamp on it, so it could have been taken while they were on their way to the bar, or even on a different day.  I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe they are walking hale and hearty, after the beatdown that we all watched, Lou.

Not that video, there is another Reddit video, posted here yesterday, taken in Soi 6 that shows the three British turds walking away from the scene.  I didn't say that they were hale and hearty.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Prove me wrong, then, by telling me who's "looking at him with distain", apart from you, you're the one making that claim!

Check the comments

I have, there are none, not one, "looking at him with distain".

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I have, there are none, not one, "looking at him with distain".

That's what I said. Look at others comments on your postings. A few don't like what you've said either.

23 minutes ago, connda said:

Farangs don't fight in groups.  Untied we stand; divided we fall. 

A common delusion. Brits have certainly been known to gang up on another Brit. Years ago, for example, there was a notable case in Phuket. It may sometimes depend on whether OUR hooligan, a fellow Liverpool FC supporter, is gettin' whupped or not by that Manchester hooligan. If so, jump in and help. "You'll Never Walk Alone."

In the case in question, the white shirt started the aggression with loud complaints and vituperation, pointing and implied threats; and then hit one of the security guards. The other Brits did also immediately involved themselves, ostensibly to calm down the situation (after the staff and Thai security guards had made some ineffectual effort), but physically pushing etc.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Maybe because it is BS or at least an exaggeration

The claim of 6 stitches to the police should be easy to verify.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You may have missed one of the video clips where security initially arrived, and it appeared one of the customers was pushing and a security guy got hit in the nose... 

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 12:10 PM, BigStar said:

You probably didn't notice, but the USA has become extremely corrupt in the last couple of decades. It's merely a different kind of corruption, leading to the vast increase of violence you also haven't noticed.

Actually most never hear about the true number of violent cases in the USA because it's suppressed by legacy media organizations in bed with the political left, who don't want to lose votes and donations. It also never gets to the US daily, which is why you've remained clueless.

"legacy media organizations in bed with the political left  "  local news carries it every day . 

You live in an alternate reality     you still need to buy a clue .

Edited by charleskerins
nm

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

"legacy media organizations in bed with the political left  "  local news carries it every day you live in an alternate reality              you still need to buy a clue 

Classic:

image.jpeg.2e23213924f3889e311467284d9e179b.jpeg

Local news isn't national news, and local news carries mostly--local news. Poor @fredwiggyprobably doesn't even watch any local news from Podunk, Iowa.

46 minutes ago, connda said:

Farangs don't fight in groups.  Untied we stand; divided we fall.  If you're going to get in a fight with a Thai in a bar scene, better have a entourage of friends who are completely like-minded and willing to fight as a coordinated group.  Fight as an individual and you'll just get beat-down by a group of Thais.

Thai are raised to beat-down single individuals as a group thus insuring maximum damage to those who are group-attacked with minimum chance of suffering injuries themselves.  Then after the beating are over, the cops let it all go with a wai and a small fine.  And then they go out and do it again as there is not down-side to their actions.

Welcome to Thailand - TIT.

don't usually agree with you   but  "If you're going to get in a fight with a Thai in a bar scene, better have a entourage of friends who are completely like-minded and willing to fight as a coordinated group.  Fight as an individual and you'll just get beat-down by a group of Thais."   on the money !   The blue shirted lad  let down his comrades .   I am still surprised at how vicious the Thais were 

On 5/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, BigStar said:

Further creation of rumor by one of our "just the facts, ma'am" posters often deluding himself with self-congratulations over his strictly evidence-based summaries.

I know two instances where a guy was kicked in the head  walked away and was dead the next day.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I know two instances where a guy was kicked in the head  walked away and was dead the next day.

If that had happened in this case, the Daily Mail and The Sun would be all over it.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

One can always dig up some case of this and that under seemingly similar circumstances. The purpose here is really just to inflame the usual hatred to Thais. But it's expected from an average poster such as yourself. @Walker88, on the other hand, prides himself on being such a hard-nosed, strictly evidence-based, unbiased, objective reporter. 🙂 So one might expect more from, you know, the gold standard. Now actually he's quite good on health-related matters, but in outer space when it comes to anything political, as he wants this case to be. 

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Your point was that the violence is suppressed by the media

Oh, you're distorting the point of course. Legacy media, to support the Dem regime. The violence under discussion was actually w/ regard to @fredwiggly's delusion that the kind of violence (gang and random) in Thailand doesn't happen in the USA. But it happens a lot more, actually, and I gave a link of youtube evidence to support it. Since then, he's backtracked and reassured us all that he does, in fact, indeed know it all. 🙂 Violence by blacks and illegal aliens against whites are most likely to be suppressed, BTW.

it's not suppressed by the local media

But no one outside the locality or w/o strong connections to the locality finds out about it. Even so, it depends on the local media. For example, you had no idea that

Kate Ryken, 45, was reportedly buying a bag of chips in a San Francisco store around 2 p.m. when she was suddenly hit in the back of the head, according to The San Francisco Standard.

And you wouldn't have known it from reading the San Fran Chron, a liberal mouthpiece.

You didn't find out about this case from CNN or MSNBC:

NYC subway crime: Group of 13 attack, rob teen in Columbus Circle station

What about the attack on our Capitol   no fixation on an attack on America? Why not?

Oh, but that rather harmless riot could be used effectively for anti-Trump hate purposes to impress the gullible. The lies and exaggerations told about it are actually the obverse of suppressing the real news. Little violence committed, except that one of the rioters was murdered by Capitol Police (say her name: Ashli Babbitt).

Anyway, off topic, and you'll blow up another balloon for every one I deflate. The point under discussion has been sufficiently addressed. Take your political rants over the Community Pub.

Movin' on . . .

• Haha 1

Political rants seem to be your cup of tea. "harmless riot"   asinine statement   typical of sedition supporters.  Well at least Ashley Babbitt got her just deserts too bad more weren't  awarded the fate of traitors .

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Oh, you're distorting the point of course. Legacy media, to support the Dem regime. The violence under discussion was actually w/ regard to @fredwiggly's delusion that the kind of violence (gang and random) in Thailand doesn't happen in the USA. But it happens a lot more, actually, and I gave a link of youtube evidence to support it. Since then, he's backtracked and reassured us all that he does, in fact, indeed know it all. 🙂 Violence by blacks and illegal aliens against whites are most likely to be suppressed, BTW.

But no one outside the locality or w/o strong connections to the locality finds out about it. Even so, it depends on the local media. For example, you had no idea that

Kate Ryken, 45, was reportedly buying a bag of chips in a San Francisco store around 2 p.m. when she was suddenly hit in the back of the head, according to The San Francisco Standard.

And you wouldn't have known it from reading the San Fran Chron, a liberal mouthpiece.

You didn't find out about this case from CNN or MSNBC:

NYC subway crime: Group of 13 attack, rob teen in Columbus Circle station

Oh, but that rather harmless riot could be used effectively for anti-Trump hate purposes to impress the gullible. The lies and exaggerations told about it are actually the obverse of suppressing the real news. Little violence committed, except that one of the rioters was murdered by Capitol Police (say her name: Ashli Babbitt).

Anyway, off topic, and you'll blow up another balloon for every one I deflate. The point under discussion has been sufficiently addressed. Take your political rants over the Community Pub.

Movin' on . . .

Where does one get the idea I said the US doesn't have the violence Thailand does? It always amazes me how some can twist things around to serve their ego, somehow turning what one says into another thing entirely. I lived in the US 62 years, in and around major cities, and know as much as anyone what goes on there. I sold guns for years, had many policemen as friends and customers, who told their own tales. I think I'm quite aware of what goes on as I make it a point to keep up on world news daily.

You, and a few others here, base their arguments on a few youtube videos and think they know all of what happens in a country they've never stepped outside in, or maybe never even visited. You come off thinking you somehow know others here, like a few here that like to skim through someone's post and make assumptions based on a few words, albeit twisted around because you can't quite comprehend what we say, to suit your own narrative.

Before you reply, or post, try and read with more understanding of what another says, because it seems you're quite confused about what does happen in the US, thinking random violence somehow matches the cowardly acts done here. Yes, innocent people do get attacked everywhere on earth, but this country has a certain flair for  groups attacking others 5 or more to 1. This does not happen in the US like it does here. The culture here has a higher percentage of absent fathers who aren't made responsible for paying for the children they make. Back home you don't pay, you go to jail, as my ex did because she didn't keep up with her support payments to me. Absent fathers can't teach their boys to fight fair, so they learn how from other boys in the same type of situation.

The US has many gangs, and this accounts for most of the murders happening there, along with suicides adding to the gun deaths. Thailand has gangs also, acting in the same violent manner. Before you post, try and understand what others are saying. And don't assume we don't know what's going on in our countries of origin. And try to understand that only a tiny percentage of what goes on here makes the news, whereas in the US there are hundreds of more TV stations reporting things all day long.

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 12:10 PM, BigStar said:

You probably didn't notice, but the USA has become extremely corrupt in the last couple of decades. It's merely a different kind of corruption, leading to the vast increase of violence you also haven't noticed.

Actually most never hear about the true number of violent cases in the USA because it's suppressed by legacy media organizations in bed with the political left, who don't want to lose votes and donations. It also never gets to the US daily, which is why you've remained clueless.

Why makes you think you know what others notice? How can you assume that most others don't hear about the amount of violence and how do you know what's suppressed  by the legacy media organizations? Old news. I get my info online from many sources.  Do you  just make guesses or believe opinions from other armchair quarterbacks? And the news here does get to the US daily, by all Americans that live here and have family back home, including yours truly. You actually think your assumptions are correct and think what I say is wrong, and post a link or video trying to prove your point. Not understanding, again, that the news here doesn't come close to matching what's on TV daily back there. Quite an imagination you have there. I'm thinking I can guess what side you're on if you've ever lived in the US.

Edited by fredwiggy

50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only if your victims make a complaint!

Try it out for me and see how you get on.  I'm sure the police would ignore you while you're punching people in front of them , As long as the victims don't complain and don't want charges pressed.  

On 5/28/2024 at 12:55 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

What would you call kicking someone hard in the head? Perhaps if someone did it to you then you might find how dangerous and potentially lethal it is. Clearly, you are too ignorant to know that such action can lead to death. And that is called attempted murder.

Your juvenile reaction? lol.

its called assualt you fool.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So now it seem's there was no assault on a cashier they were padding bills and were caught. Where did the broken nose come from ? And where are the stitches the guard recieved  certainly not in his face or head. Pack of lies from the bar to the Bouncers Er Security Staff. Plain Assault again.

Edited by BarraMarra

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Strange that only 1 of the 3 yobs filed a complaint. Did they pay the outstanding bill? didn't look that way on the video

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If that had happened in this case, the Daily Mail and The Sun would be all over it.

Yes, I doubt that could be covered up or kept quiet. 

• Confused 1

Why the Hell do posters mention the US on threads on here Christ its about Patayya thugs. I bet the Unregistered thugs because thats what they are were out on duty in Soi 6 that same night after saying sorry, and the bets are the victim flies home before a date is set for any court date.

• Confused 1

On 5/29/2024 at 1:41 PM, mr336 said:

I'd be curious to know what the local Thai population thinks.

Can't speak for most of them but the ones I know were disgusted by the football kick.

The only ones I saw trying to defend it are foreigners.  Interesting phenomena.

The defenders said things like "You can't judge Thai culture" and crapola like that.  I don't think normal, respectable Thais consider that behavior part of their culture...