Low birth rate.

Gandtee

12 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

There is a concern that more young people are reluctant to produce children. Perhaps the increasing promotion of the glitzy razzamatazz of LGBT Pride events is encouraging the youngsters to indulge in sex with others of the same gender. Hardly a recipe for baby making.

No one can encourage another to have same gender sex if that's not already their choice. The fact that young people are reluctant to have children comes from another thinking. Maybe they can't afford raising the child, maybe the man won't stay after the baby is born, which happens  most of the time, especially here, or maybe they were brought up in a family with a loving parent present, who taught them what it takes to raise a child. Too many children are having children WITH children, which means that child will probably be raised without a father present, and maybe a mother also, who feels the need to leave the child with grandma while she has freedom working in another city. All of this is definitely not a recipe for baby making, and shouldn't happen unless the two possible parents both love each other, and are willing to sacrifice their lives to raise that child.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Kids around the world know they can't afford to feed themselves let alone another mouth.

previously here, "kids" went their way, had babies and then left them to be raised more or less by grandparents.  Now grandparents are too old or refusing to do the daily care as they can't afford it either so those that get married get a cat or dog, keep puting the "having babies" down the road so to spead as the cost of their own selves is just about beyond them.  Then they read how useless much of the schooling is and see from their own experience that no change has come about so they delay having any kids too.  The costs of raising children in many countries, especially some developed countries too and their birth rates are also falling.  In many countries,  immigrants will probably outnumber locally-born citizens.  this has always been the case for the US as their immigration laws have always been to allow higher numbers of legal immigrants than most countries and at the same time the US is "swamped" by millions of illegal immigrants so the workforce continues to grow instead of decreasing as in other countries that are now being forced to ask retirees to return to work or raising retirement ages of workers.  One Thailand forecast (not sure how valid of course) was that at the current birthrate, within 30 years the population may be cut in half.  Latest census reports for some countries also show a remarkable decline in populations.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

...the use of condoms and other preservatives is to blame

Salt is a preservative.

Should we stop salting our meat?

Personally, I never salt my meat.

My meat needs no salt.

I also do not smoke my meat, as a preservative.

When I was young, my meat was already SMOKING!

Still is, and good enough for me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Why give birth to a child in 2024?

image.png.4b257606247a803436b4b71842ac5f34.png

image.png.e336d216ba192646b3cde81b429ef509.png

NOBODY will thank you for it.

IF you believe that children in their teens, today, do not know what is happening to the Planet...then....

You are very much mistaken.

Why give birth to a child which will have no future worth living?

THIS is the question which nobody seems interested in addressing.

NOTE:  The above charts need to be revised and updated according to the most recent data.  The rate of increase has been increasing.....

36 minutes ago, stoner said:

are you actually serious with this ? please tell me you're not. 

Of course I'm serious. Youngsters are easily led. Look at smoking, drinking, drug taking and all the other things that are considered vices by some. Youngsters, in my opinion follow the trends and if they are encouraged and like it may follow it.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

There is a concern that more young people are reluctant to produce children. Perhaps the increasing promotion of the glitzy razzamatazz of LGBT Pride events is encouraging the youngsters to indulge in sex with others of the same gender. Hardly a recipe for baby making.

Did your post on this subject have to be so dumb?

CNA did a bit about Thailand regarding this subject a few months ago. If you don't speak a word of Thai as the info is readily available on Thai news then watch CNA on YouTube.

Edited by Celsius
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Salt is a preservative.

My meat needs no salt.

My first taste of beer as  a child I didn't like. But I saw the 'grown ups' drinking so I started. I didn't smoke until I did my National Service in 1952. I was encouraged to do it as everyone else did it and was given cigarette coupons by the army to buy my ration of twenty a day. I still drink and enjoy it but stopped smoking when I came out of the army. 

Edited by Gandtee
spelling

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Salt is a preservative.

My meat needs no salt.

stop playing with your meat so much. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Of course I'm serious. Youngsters are easily led. Look at smoking, drinking, drug taking and all the other things that are considered vices by some. Youngsters, in my opinion follow the trends and if they are encouraged and like it may follow it.

of course you were. on you go then big fella. 

• Haha 1

EXCELLENT...Great newsThe fewer humans in the universe, the better. MUCH better. Earth is overcrowded already with fewer resources to sustain current populations. Sterilization and abortion should be required in many situations. 🤣

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

No one can encourage another to have same gender sex if that's not already their choice. The fact that young people are reluctant to have children comes from another thinking. Maybe they can't afford raising the child, maybe the man won't stay after the baby is born, which happens  most of the time, especially here, or maybe they were brought up in a family with a loving parent present, who taught them what it takes to raise a child. Too many children are having children WITH children, which means that child will probably be raised without a father present, and maybe a mother also, who feels the need to leave the child with grandma while she has freedom working in another city. All of this is definitely not a recipe for baby making, and shouldn't happen unless the two possible parents both love each other, and are willing to sacrifice their lives to raise that child.

'No one can encourage another to have sex.?' Really? What about pedophiles? I'm not suggesting gays are in that category and I am not against homosexuality. I am referring to the continuing  bombardment of prancing , preening and "look at me, I'm gay" parades. Where  youngsters may be encouraged to join their practices.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

'No one can encourage another to have sex.?' Really? What about pedophiles? I'm not suggesting gays are in that category and I am not against homosexuality. I am referring to the continuing  bombardment of prancing , preening and "look at me, I'm gay" parades. Where  youngsters may be encouraged to join their practices.

I was referring to those mature enough to have sex. Kids can grow up in a gay household and still be heterosexual by choice. Pedophiles are those that force sex on children, it not being their choice but a coercion by someone who manipulates their immaturity into their sick acts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I was referring to those mature enough to have sex. Kids can grow up in a gay household and still be heterosexual by choice. Pedophiles are those that force sex on children, it not being their choice but a coercion by someone who manipulates their immaturity into their sick acts.

Sexuality is not a choice. It's like being left-handed. You either are or you aren't.

I have two friends, a gay couple, and one of them looked me square in the eye one day and asked, "Do you think we  chose   to be gay?"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Sexuality is not a choice. It's like being left-handed. You either are or you aren't.

I have two friends, a gay couple, and one of them looked me square in the eye one day and asked, "Do you think we  chose   to be gay?"

Fair enough. I understand that. I have two homosexual acquaintances that lead a happy life together and don't broadcast their homosexuality. The point I'm trying to make is the present flaunting of gayness or homosexuality. Why? A person's sexuality is a personal thing so why should anyone shout it from the roof tops?

9 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Fair enough. I understand that. I have two homosexual acquaintances that lead a happy life together and don't broadcast their homosexuality. The point I'm trying to make is the present flaunting of gayness or homosexuality. Why? A person's sexuality is a personal thing so why should anyone shout it from the roof tops?

The same reason BLM protestors have had to push the issue. No one has to defend their heterosexuality, there is no need for a "straight pride" parade. Until it is absolutely no longer an issue and folks like us find these discussions moot, I applaud their efforts to make everyone aware.

Far too many people already. When I was born, in 1941, the world population was under 3 billion. It is now over 8 billion, and growing at an even faster rate. Unpleasant and unsustainable. Problem is, no one wants to talk about it, preferring endless verbage on climate change.

• Agree 1

Women have never had it so easy.  Laying horizontal all day with a phone in their hand 24/7.

They marry the government for social security, divorce and pensions.

Women will only show an interest in sex if it makes money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

It’s been proven phones have an impact on sperm count. Nobody tells us this info because that’s how it works. But it is true. I won’t go all into the other modern day things affecting sperm counts but they include the ridiculous foods everyone eats and thinks they are healthy and also some of the newer and more experimental medicines. None of it is helping. 

13 hours ago, Gandtee said:

...Perhaps the increasing promotion of the glitzy razzamatazz of LGBT Pride events is encouraging the youngsters to indulge in sex with others of the same gender...

"Perhaps" is the operative word. It makes the post entirelessly useless. Perhaps it does and perhaps if does not.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Far too many people already. When I was born, in 1941, the world population was under 3 billion. It is now over 8 billion, and growing at an even faster rate. Unpleasant and unsustainable. Problem is, no one wants to talk about it, preferring endless verbage on climate change.

Thankfully with the exception of about 20 fairly ignorant countries in Africa, the world population is starting to decline. 

• Agree 1