Low birth rate.

Gandtee

On 5/28/2024 at 10:09 AM, Gandtee said:

There is a concern that more young people are reluctant to produce children. Perhaps the increasing promotion of the glitzy razzamatazz of LGBT Pride events is encouraging the youngsters to indulge in sex with others of the same gender. Hardly a recipe for baby making.

No

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Hi honey, lets watch a movie together and you walk out then come back 40 minutes later and ask me what happened.  And can you blast tiktok songs at full volume during the movie?  

No wonder there is a birth rate problem.  I want to castrate myself.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2024 at 7:24 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Kids around the world know they can't afford to feed themselves let alone another mouth.

that never seem to stop the poor

a kid is retirement money

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 7:09 AM, Gandtee said:

There is a concern that more young people are reluctant to produce children. Perhaps the increasing promotion of the glitzy razzamatazz of LGBT Pride events is encouraging the youngsters to indulge in sex with others of the same gender. Hardly a recipe for baby making.

It's the economy [redacted], prevelance of birth control, and reluctance to enter into relationships. Developed economies naturally see decreases in birth rates... Thailand is developing.

You actually think that "non straight" people were forcing themselves to be straight in the past? 🤡🤡🤡 Go cry about your bargirl shortage somewhere else. 

Edited by Aviatorhi
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't much care what happens to the earth. The earth doesn't care either. I'm pretty light on the carbon footprint. I have no heirs.

With millionaires and billionaires flying private jets, yachts, big homes, wait staff, quick jet holidays, conflict gems, exotic cars and toys.

The wind solar lies

The EV lie

I don't feel least bit guilty taking an occasional flight or taxi. Save the Earthers can bIo* me

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/28/2024 at 7:24 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Kids around the world know they can't afford to feed themselves let alone another mouth.

The world is very close to the wealthiest it's ever been in the entire history of humanity.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, HalAndLois said:

The world is very close to the wealthiest it's ever been in the entire history of humanity.  

And a historic divide between the haves and the have-nots.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:46 PM, Chris Daley said:

Hi honey, lets watch a movie together and you walk out then come back 40 minutes later and ask me what happened.  And can you blast tiktok songs at full volume during the movie?  

No wonder there is a birth rate problem.  I want to castrate myself.

All here will take up a gofundme for you to pay for it.

On 5/28/2024 at 7:11 PM, Chris Daley said:

Women have never had it so easy.  Laying horizontal all day with a phone in their hand 24/7.

They marry the government for social security, divorce and pensions.

Women will only show an interest in sex if it makes money.

Your last line should read, "Women will only show an interest in me if I have a lot of money"

On 5/29/2024 at 4:08 AM, Callmeishmael said:

The highest birth rates in the word today are in Somalia and Afghanistan.... two of the most miserable and backwards countries on Earth!

Add in Angola, Mali, Niger and Chad to the list of misery, and hugely irresponsible planetary destruction by over population. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And a historic divide between the haves and the have-nots.

I like how you completely abandon your argument when the first thing you said was shown to be wrong.  

So your completely new argument is that people, no matter how rich, should be unhappy if there exist richer people.  This "wealth divide" canard is a leftist technique to sow discord and envy.  For someone with happy in their name, you sound pretty miserable.

Edited by HalAndLois
  • Confused 1

On 5/29/2024 at 3:08 AM, Callmeishmael said:

The highest birth rates in the word today are in Somalia and Afghanistan.... two of the most miserable and backwards countries on Earth!

THat is not correct

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, HalAndLois said:

I like how you completely abandon your argument when the first thing you said was shown to be wrong.  

So your completely new argument is that people, no matter how rich, should be unhappy if there exist richer people.  This "wealth divide" canard is a leftist technique to sow discord and envy.  For someone with happy in their name, you sound pretty miserable.

It's human nature and you're right it is silly but it is reality. People want to feel as important as the next person and they also want an equal opportunity.  Many rich people start on third base and work hard but much easier than starting in the batter's box.  Ignore human nature and the risk of bad outcomes increase.

Edited by atpeace

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Denim said:

Can you blame them with the state of things as they are ?

Not many positives but plenty of negatives.

All my friends rich or not  seem to be doing OK financially. Mentally some are not in a good place but that's complicated.  I think the world is fine but that could Definately change.  Nothing much has changed the last 50 years other than more people have shiny objects they can play with, most people are fat, and mental health is challenging. We have it too easy and have too much time to think and that is probably bad.

Edited by atpeace

Very interesting documentary on this subject. Would seem to have numerous implications for the retiree ex-pat whether one is looking for a younger girlfriend/wife, outlook for nursing home demand, or insight into why the government may be looking for ways to increase tax revenues. My main take away was about the importance of paying attention to your physical and mental health as much as possible.