Pope Francis Allegedly Uses Derogatory Term for Gay People

It's a start.  Careful he doesn't get cancelled for using the wrong terminology in today's snowflake society.   

That he even acknowledge the reality & existence of gays or bisexuals in the seminaries and or priesthood, is definitely a step forward. 

Instead of banning them, simply accept them for who they are.  BUT ... add some extra training to stop the grooming & sexual assaults on the children they come in contact with.

Might want change that celibate rule while  you're at it also.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

All the liberals supporting his comments on immigration seem to have gone quiet on this one. 😃

I don't pay much attention to what the Pope says.  But isn't the church traditionally against gay marriage, abortion, premarital sex, divorce....etc., etc.?  My feeling is...whatever.

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Triggered into ‘immigration’ comment?

Just an observation given the other recent thread where you were all supporting his 'compassion'.😃

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I don't pay much attention to what the Pope says.  But isn't the church traditionally against gay marriage, abortion, premarital sex, divorce....etc., etc.?  My feeling is...whatever.

You mean .... the flock (and priesthood) is full of a bunch of hypocrites.   

Say it isn't so :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If you can stop posting for 30 seconds you might want to clean your glasses. 

No I rarely pay much attention to any of your drivel. 

Sorry to have spotted a behavior and then had my observation confirmed.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry to have spotted a behavior and then had my observation confirmed.

I make no such apology for observing your propensity to post drivel. 

• Thanks 2

the church, only changes its position because they want more members. i find it hard to believe that any clergy from before these changes actually accepts them. Even the Pope. If all he said was Who is he to judge them, then he is correct. As in Catholics only judgement is made in the hereafter. These LGBT people are so fast to take offence for any comment that does not openly advocate for them. I would compare them with a cult. If they do not like what other religions are saying or if they are agreeing men who think they are women should be treated as a woman.. Then they should make their own religion like the Thais did with Buddhism. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

The Pope is reported to have used extremely derogatory language in a private meeting. This incident occurred during a session at the Italian Bishops’ Conference, where the Pope was asked if gay men should be allowed to train for the priesthood provided they remain celibate. Pope Francis reportedly responded negatively and used a highly offensive Italian slur, "frociaggine," to describe the presence of gay individuals within the Church.

The comments, initially reported by the Italian investigative website Dagospia, have since been corroborated by other Italian news agencies citing multiple sources. This revelation has sent shockwaves through the Catholic community and beyond, particularly given Pope Francis's public persona as a progressive and compassionate leader.

Pope Francis's choice of words is especially jarring because he has often spoken publicly about the need for respect and inclusion of gay people. Early in his papacy, he made headlines with his statement, "Who am I to judge?" in response to a question about gay individuals. This comment was seen as a significant shift in tone for the Catholic Church, which has long held conservative views on homosexuality. The Pope's recent remarks at the Italian Bishops’ Conference, however, seem to contradict his earlier statements and actions. Progressive supporters of Pope Francis have argued that while there has been little tangible change in the Church’s stance on gay rights, the Pope has managed to create a more welcoming and less judgmental atmosphere. His recent suggestion that priests might bless same-sex couples in certain circumstances further fueled hopes that the Church might be moving towards a more inclusive stance.

These hopes were seemingly dashed at the conference, where the Pope not only rejected the idea of allowing celibate gay men to train for the priesthood but also reportedly used derogatory language on multiple occasions. Some reports even suggest that he stated gay individuals should be expelled from seminaries regardless of whether they acted on their sexual tendencies. Defenders of Pope Francis have attempted to mitigate the fallout by suggesting that the Pope, who is a native Spanish speaker, may have misused Italian colloquialisms. They argue that he might not have fully understood the offensive nature of the term, despite having grown up in an Italian-speaking household in Argentina.

The Vatican has yet to comment officially on the matter, leaving many in the Catholic community and beyond in a state of confusion and concern. This incident highlights the ongoing tension within the Church regarding its stance on homosexuality and the struggle between progressive and traditionalist factions. The reported comments have also sparked wider debates about the Catholic Church's approach to LGBTQ+ issues. Despite Pope Francis's earlier attempts to present a more compassionate face, this incident suggests that deep-seated prejudices and resistance to change remain prevalent within the Church hierarchy.

The impact of this controversy is likely to be far-reaching. For many progressive Catholics, Pope Francis had represented a beacon of hope for a more inclusive and understanding Church. This incident, however, casts a shadow over that perception and raises questions about the sincerity of his earlier statements on LGBTQ+ inclusion. Moreover, the Pope’s reported use of such derogatory language could have broader implications for the Church’s global image. As a leader who has garnered significant respect for his progressive views on various social issues, these comments threaten to undermine his credibility and the Church’s efforts to engage more positively with the LGBTQ+ community.

The disparity between his public persona and reported private remarks highlights the ongoing struggle within the Church to reconcile its traditional doctrines with modern attitudes towards sexuality. 

Update Pope Apology:

Pope Francis issued an apology on Tuesday following a media uproar over his use of a vulgar term to reaffirm the Catholic Church’s ban on gay priests. The apology came after Italian media reported that Francis had used the derogatory term "faggotness" in a meeting with Italian bishops on May 20, where he reiterated the Church's stance against admitting gay men into seminaries and ordaining them as priests.

Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni released a statement acknowledging the controversy and clarifying the Pope's intentions. Bruni emphasized that Pope Francis, known for his outreach to the LGBTQ+ community, never intended to offend or use homophobic language. "The pope never intended to offend or express himself in homophobic terms, and he extends his apologies to those who were offended by the use of a term that was reported by others," Bruni said.

Credit: BBC 2024-05-29

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

the church, only changes its position because they want more members. i find it hard to believe that any clergy from before these changes actually accepts them. Even the Pope. If all he said was Who is he to judge them, then he is correct. As in Catholics only judgement is made in the hereafter. These LGBT people are so fast to take offence for any comment that does not openly advocate for them. I would compare them with a cult. If they do not like what other religions are saying or if they are agreeing men who think they are women should be treated as a woman.. Then they should make their own religion like the Thais did with Buddhism. 

I think calling gays fa***ts is a bit more than not openly advocating for them.  Also LGBT is not a religion. Also Thais didn't make Buddhism, they adopted a school which comes from Sri Lanka via India.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

No lack of altar and choir boy abusing "celibate" priests in his despicable kiddie fiddler organization.

He should stop pontificating (555) and be happy for every priest he's got who's into adults - male or female. 

Edited by Caldera

On 5/29/2024 at 4:23 PM, JonnyF said:

I make no such apology for observing your propensity to post drivel. 

Like dragging immigration irrelevantly into so many discussions? That's what qualifies as drivel.

• Agree 2

the pope apologizes? isn't that contrary to their faith of him being infallible?

honestly, why does anyone care what these cult paedos say. take all the vatican's riches and distribute it to their victims, the choir boys. why anyone still enters a cathedral other than to admire architecture and art is beyond me

• Agree 1