Big Thailand visa changes from June 1

4 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Must maintain 500K Baht in the bank for the 180 day stay.

No source and highly doubtful. Need to show that you have that money to be spent in Thailand.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

The DTV visa seems a bit pointless unless I’m misunderstanding it.

It reads to me as though you can have one stay of up to 180 days in a 5 year period, and you can extend that stay once up to an additional 180 days.

As the visa lasts for 5 years it would appear that once you’ve used up your 360 days then you have to wait until the visa expires before you can get a new one, meaning if you used the visa in the first year you would have to wait 4 years before you could get a new one

Other visas 'validity' means the time you have to use the facility.  eg if you enter using the visa then when your time's up, the visa is used and you can apply for a new one.  

I think.. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, george said:

- Restructuring and reducing the number of Non-Immigrant visa categories from 17 to 7, starting in September 2024.

Why did I just get a chill down my spine!!! my Non-IMM O extension is due 26th September, think I do it as early as I can.

8 hours ago, george said:

- Adjusting the criteria and conditions for the Long Stay visa for elderly people who wish to spend their retirement in Thailand, starting in September 2024.

And then a hopeful feeling again - Maybe I'll wait to see the new LTR requirements 🙂 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SportRider said:

Oh the irony!

Yesterday here in KL I just paid MYR 160 (THB 1250) for a 60 day tourist visa.  Flying back to Bkk on Sunday (June 2nd)... So I would get 60 days visa exempt anyway 🤦

So you just wasted a trip to KL costing $$ time hassle....not fun.

So do u apply for a tourist visa or wait and see what exactly the new 60 day no visa rules may be?  A question that a lot of people traveling soon would have.  Just looked all over the immigration site etc and cannot find one word about newly proposed changes ...if anyone can find please do post details.

• Like 2

Just now, AreYouGerman said:

Because it would be a smart move! Young in & old out! 😂

Or maybe, Young in on Non-IMM O, Everybody over 75 gets a free LTR , (Can we make that everybody over 57, I'm only 58) 🙂 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Don't get too excited, the 30 to 60 days change will probably stay only a few months until december. As they did with the 30  to 45 days...letting people stay 30 days more for free instead of making them pay 1900 bahts ?...Naaaah

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SportRider said:

Once used, you could apply for another (don't need to wait the 5 years).

Not confirmed. We don't know. It's probably not meant to be like that but I hope it will be a 'visa agent loophole' so you can get those '5 year visa' indefinitely by using an agent.

Just now, hotchilli said:

How about 5 years visa's available for married/retire expats..

So you want to get a visa where you are allowed to stay 180 days instead of 365 days by using the appropriate visa for marriages/retirement? Sounds stupid.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bvor said:

i been doing mixture of visa exempts/tourist visa for nearly 20 years cos thats all the time i need.

just saying multiple visa exempts have been frowned upon more than multiple visa's.

you may well be right.... "no problem".

wait and see to be sure.

cheers

ps i avoid rogue jomtien i/o so extensions or tm30's not for me. 

I've not had a visa for about 15 years, and stay 5-6 months a year over each winter. Never had a problem with extensions and border runs. I just got back to the UK about 10 days ago after arriving in BKK at Xmas.

Last year was good, with the 45+30 setup, but 60+30 will be handy. A digital nomad visa will probably work out about the same as a couple border runs & extensions, but without the hassle of the white knuckle minibus rides! Bring it on!

1 minute ago, IamNoone88 said:

And meanwhile those who operate a real registered business and employ Thais and are on a B1 visa and work permit .... only get 1 year. They know how to attract quality.

So you want to get a visa where you are allowed to stay 180 days and aren't allowed to work instead of 365 days and can work by using the appropriate visa for businesses/work? Sounds stupid.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, hotchilli said:

No I asked how about a 5 year visa for married/retired expats... instead of an annual POS

Not stupid...

Ok. This is not the thread for fantasies, though. 🥺

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Confuding since Cambodia and Laos already have visa free entry albeit gorr a shorter dtay (14 days). Are they really going to give them 60 days now? 

Laos get 30 days not 14. They allowed them 60 days in that post-Covid period so no reason to doubt it now.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, frankstraube said:

Actually it depends if you can extend that new 60 days visa on arrival...if you can extend by another 30 days it is basicaly a single entry tourist visa. If not, a tourist visa will still allow you to stay longer because of the extension.

Anyway i think this change will not last for long, like when they gave 45 days instead of 30 days last year, but reverted to 30 days a few months later...Thailand the land of uncertainty....   

You have always been able to extend waiver on arrival by 30 days, same as with a tourist visa. This new 60 day waiver on arrival will be no different.  

Edited by shdmn

Im a bit dumb ,if i come in visa exempt after june first i get 60 days' don't know why but knowing the fickleness of thai govs i won't change my plans until it happens.

• Like 1