My Pint of Lager had this foul stench last night...

2 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

That's not how it works. Any fantastical rubbish you post is solid fair game. 

fanning the flames of a dumpster fire doesnt always help...the ignore button has made me a much happier person tho... 

also turning off all notifications.....anyone who doesnt like my posts are encouraged to ignore me as well.....mai pen rai!

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

I am currently in rural Thailand visiting an old pal of mine called Jimmy.

He took me out to this local pub run by a brit and his Thai wife last night because they had lager on draft and he knows that's what I like.

The food was OK and the service was decent.

Then came the pint of lager..

As soon as I put the glass to my lips I could smell it.

Like rotten eggs it was,

the smell was too much to bear so I walked up to the bar and told the owner.

I asked him does he clean his pipes regularly or not??

the cheeky git kicked me and my friend out claiming we were giving his beer and bar a bad name.

I said go on, taste it yourself then.

he refused and ordered we both leave this second.

Jimmy protested but to no avail.

We paid up and left without leaving a tip.

We were in there all of 25 minutes.

Jimmy had been frequenting this dive for years but had never ordered their draft beer before.

I love a good draft so naturally it was the first thing I ordered.

seems the brit and his wife can't take any form of constructive criticism.

I hesitate to say that this kind of behavior is normal in nakhon nowhere but I will hazard a guess that it is..

bob.

Try today again. Maybe you got Bad Karma yesterday.🙏

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

fanning the flames of a dumpster fire doesnt always help...the ignore button has made me a much happier person tho... 

also turning off all notifications.....anyone who doesnt like my posts are encouraged to ignore me as well.....mai pen rai!

"...Introducing todays proud sponsor of the Ignore button - Sticky Rice Balls.

They just love to tell everyone they are going on their ignore list.

Ignoring everyone is their specialty,

It's what they do best!

Sticky Rice Balls, where ignorance truly is bliss!"

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 2

I thought you weren't fussy and would throw anything down your neck ....

If the Brit is on here , expect him to sue you ......... no problem for you

with all your wealth though ...🙄

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

Why does my beer smell like sewage?

Smells of rotten eggs or sewage are unappealing but go away quickly after serving. Reasons for this off flavour: Not fermenting long enough - not enough released CO2 to remove the hydrogen sulfide. Fermenting beer for too long.Jun 23, 2564 BE

nevertheless, they were charging top whack for a pint of it.

It was cold but absolutely stunk of rotten eggs.

I almost threw up. it was revolting.

the fact the owner refused to smell it himself speaks volumes imo.

bob.

Maybe it was the glass, wiped dry with a dirty tea towel.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

"...Introducing todays proud sponsor of the Ignore button - Sticky Rice Balls.

They just love to tell everyone they are going on their ignore list.

Ignoring everyone is their specialty,

It's what they do best!

Sticky Rice Balls, where ignorance truly is bliss!"

bob.

They may be made of sticky rice but at least he has balls

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

hesitate to say that this kind of behavior is normal in nakhon nowhere but I will hazard a guess that it is..

No, there very rude people like yourself everywhere.

I bet you're ex-friend is fed up with you.  There's not many places probably for him to go, now there's one less place.

There's certain ways to approach a problem like that,it sounds as if you didn't do it nicely.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

There's certain ways to approach a problem like that,it

Yeah you're right, 

The owner is lucky I didn't smash the pint over his head after the way he spoke to me, a paying customer. 

Bob. 

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I would not drink something that appears to be not clean .

Had food poisoning a few times here already , the sanitary standards are often simply non existing .

Been living here 12 years,  in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy as well as alot of home cooking, and local market " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more. I love cheeses. Especially unpasteurised.

Had food poisoning a few times here already , the sanitary standards are often simply non existing .

I agree sanitary standards here are often way below, or non existent, to those enforced in Europe. Yet I've been living here 12 years, in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy of places as well as alot of home cooking, and local market cooked " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more of these, cheeses especially unpasteurised, cream and milk, bread, pasta, cakes. 

• Haha 1

I agree sanitary standards here are often way below, or non existent, to those enforced in Europe. Yet I've been living here 12 years, in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy of places as well as alot of home cooking, and local market cooked " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more of these, cheeses especially unpasteurised, cream and milk, bread, pasta, cakes. 

• Haha 1

I agree sanitary standards here are often way below, or non existent, to those enforced in Europe. Yet I've been living here 12 years, in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy places as well as alot of home cooking, and local market village cooked " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more of these, cheeses especially unpasteurised, cream and milk, bread, pasta, cakes. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

He took me out to this local pub run by a brit and his Thai wife last night because they had lager on draft and he knows that's what I like.

Like rotten eggs it was,

the cheeky git kicked me and my friend out claiming we were giving his beer and bar a bad name.

Jimmy had been frequenting this dive for years but had never ordered their draft beer before.

I hesitate to say that this kind of behavior is normal in nakhon nowhere but I will hazard a guess that it is..

bob.

If you can smell an odour from beer don't drink it.

I bought a bottle of Chang one time and complained that the beer was off. Reply given from the server was no refund and also I don't drink beer myself to know if it was bad or not.

I agree sanitary standards here are often way below, or non existent, to those enforced in Europe. Yet I've been living here 12 years, in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy places as well as alot of home cooking, and local market village cooked " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more of these, cheeses especially unpasteurised, cream and milk, bread, pasta, cakes. Never previous to living here given thought to possibility of wheat or dairy allergies. Thought the whole allergy thing was for self centred pansies. Not anymore, but it doesn't stop me when I'm back there!

11 hours ago, 2baht said:

Damn it Bob! Don't mess about! Make the Poms an offer and buy the joint!

Quite right and ban all ockers from entering 

12 hours ago, bob smith said:

Like rotten eggs it was,

bob.

Thanks for keeping up informed. 

I agree sanitary standards here are often way below, or non existent, to those enforced in Europe. Yet I've been living here 12 years, in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy places as well as alot of home cooking, and local market village cooked " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more of these, cheeses especially unpasteurised, cream and milk, bread, pasta, cakes. Never previous to living here given thought to possibility of wheat or dairy allergies. Thought the whole allergy thing was for self centred pansies. Not anymore, but it doesn't stop me when I'm back there!

12 hours ago, bob smith said:

Like rotten eggs it was,

bob.

What you know about draught beer could probably be printed on the back of a stamp 

Posted (edited)

Yeah you're right, 

The owner is lucky I didn't smash the pint over his head after the way he spoke to me, a paying customer. 

Bob. 

Then you would have got a real kicking from his tiny wife.

Real coward's act to glass someone. What a thing to consider. Especially after your recent comments on the soi 6 guards.

Where is your 'mate' going to go for a beer now that the only western place in 'the sticks' won't have him back? Classless act ruining your 'mate's' place for a cold one.

Edited by LS24

On 5/29/2024 at 9:20 PM, Kalasin Jo said:

I agree sanitary standards here are often way below, or non existent, to those enforced in Europe. Yet I've been living here 12 years, in the sticks in Isaan for 8 and been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Krabi, many islands, many times. Eaten in the simplest to the classy places as well as alot of home cooking, and local market village cooked " takeaways". Very rare for me to have even a small 24 hour gut problem here.  May be I've just been lucky.  I do adhere to the maxim never say never. I get far more problems back in Europe and suspect dairy produce and wheat products as there I consume far more of these, cheeses especially unpasteurised, cream and milk, bread, pasta, cakes. 

Heard you the first time thanks.🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/29/2024 at 9:41 AM, ChumpChange said:

Here we go again, the latest fanciful fable from the land of bits and bobs, who gets thrown out of bars, restaurants, gyms, doctor's offices, law offices and who knows where else. But of course it's always them that are the problem and not you, right?

On 5/29/2024 at 7:57 AM, bob smith said:

Like rotten eggs it was,

bob.

First when I read your post, I thought you were pretending.

But, the next day, when I opened a bottle of beer I smelled it - yes, I did get a sort of eggy smell (not rotten egg). Can this be my imagination???

On 5/29/2024 at 9:43 AM, 2baht said:

Damn it Bob! Don't mess about! Make the Poms an offer and buy the joint!

There was only one Englishman owning the premises with the alledged bad beer. The second individual was the owners wife who is Thai.

Therefore your post should read , make the Englishman an offer and buy the joint.