Al-Qaeda Praises Attacks on Israelis and Applauds Anti-Israel Protests in the West

image.png

In a recent statement, al-Qaeda's central leadership has lauded recent attacks on Israelis and expressed support for anti-Israel protests occurring on Western university campuses. This statement comes amidst heightened tensions and ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip, reflecting al-Qaeda's strategy of leveraging global unrest to further its objectives.

The statement from al-Qaeda's general command praised what it referred to as "revenge attacks" carried out by young members of the Islamic community, specifically celebrating actions taken in what they called "the land of Canaan." The message declared, "We were happy, and every Muslim was happy, with these revenge attacks and operations carried out by the youth of the Islamic nation, especially the heroes of the revenge action in the land of Canaan."

Encouraging further violence, the statement continued, "We call on the youth of our nation to follow this blessed path… outpace them with the number of operations and the force of strikes and to fill the hearts of the children of Zion with terror in retaliation for the blood of our oppressed people in Gaza." This call to action underscores al-Qaeda's ongoing commitment to jihad and its efforts to inspire similar actions among its followers.

In addition to endorsing violent actions, al-Qaeda's leadership also acknowledged and appreciated the efforts of Western protesters, particularly students on university campuses, who have organized sit-ins and demonstrations against Israel's actions in Gaza. The statement noted, "While we support the assassination of the infidel Zionists and the beheading of them, we also appreciate and value the movement of Western demonstrators and sit-in students from Western universities, who through their sit-ins and protests expressed their rejection of the genocide taking place in Gaza."

This recognition of Western protests by a major terrorist organization highlights the complex interplay between global jihadist movements and local activist efforts. Al-Qaeda, along with other Middle Eastern terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah, sees these protests as beneficial to their cause, despite ideological differences and tactical approaches. These groups have identified a potential to rally support and possibly recruit naive Westerners through these demonstrations.

The statement also drew parallels with a lesser-known Egyptian group, the "Vanguards of Liberation Group for the Martyr Muhammed Salah," which claimed responsibility for the assassination of an Israeli businessman in Alexandria on May 7. The murder was purportedly in retaliation for Israeli operations in Gaza. Al-Qaeda praised this group, saying, "You have an inevitable legal duty, which is jihad and fighting like the Vanguards of Liberation Group for the Martyr Muhammed Salah. May God strike them in the throats of the Zionists. Let the people of Islam be encouraged to create groups that master the art of disciplining Jews, Americans, and those who are allied with them."

However, questions have arisen regarding the authenticity of the "Vanguards of Liberation Group for the Martyr Muhammed Salah's" claims. Discrepancies in their released media, such as inconsistencies in the video evidence showing the murder, have cast doubt on their credibility. Initially, the group posted a still image on their Telegram channel showing a gunman with white gloves on both hands, but the subsequent video showed the gunman with only one glove on his left hand. This inconsistency raises suspicions about the validity of their claims and the actual sequence of events.

This recent communication marks the second time al-Qaeda's general command has issued a statement related to Israel since the Hamas-led attack on October 7. In a previous statement last November, al-Qaeda called for attacks against Israeli, European, and U.S. interests worldwide. This pattern of rhetoric underscores al-Qaeda's enduring strategy of capitalizing on geopolitical conflicts to advance their goals and incite violence.

Al-Qaeda's statements and actions serve as a reminder of the ongoing threat posed by extremist groups, even as they attempt to co-opt local and global movements to further their agenda. The convergence of terrorist propaganda and legitimate protest movements creates a challenging landscape for counterterrorism efforts and underscores the need for vigilance in monitoring and countering extremist narratives.

Credit: Long War Journal 2024-05-30

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love It 1

18 minutes ago, john donson said:

I enjoy seeing ignorant woke rainbow people protesting for palestine

while their throat would be cut in most muslim countries for their ... beliefs

Checks own throat in mirror.

Seemingly not in any Muslim country I’ve lived and worked in.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Cynical comment: Al Quaida trying to remain relevant on the infamous terrorism market. They've been 'outmoded' by ISIS long time ago, lost their supports in SA and the emirates (except maybe in Yemen), etc...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

You don't consider Hamas and Al Qaeda to be scumbags? To suggest so is a slur?

I can't say I'm surprised. 

"No doubt the radical left will be thankful for their support, along with their friends in Hamas. "

Definitely a slur.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So that ‘war on terror thing’, I thought this bunch of terrorists had been dealt with?

Noooo, they will not be happy until they have killed you, remember that.......🤔

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Usual slur from the usual source.

One day you will eat your words, and the funny thing is, you can't see it coming......😂

Oh, was Enoch right.........:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps they felt sorry for you..............😥

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Its not all about you though . 

There's a big World out there and its not all about you . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its not all about you though . 

There's a big World out there and its not all about you . 

No, it’s about me responding to this post,  which my own experience of having lived and worked in a number of ‘Muslim countries’ runs contrary to the ridiculous claim Dobson made.

20 hours ago, john donson said:

I enjoy seeing ignorant woke rainbow people protesting for palestine

while their throat would be cut in most muslim countries for their ... beliefs

• Sad 1

More work needs doing on anti radicalization initiatives, 

Dozens of Muslim teenagers sent to Government's anti-terror programme after being radicalised by Nazi propaganda that celebrates Adolf Hitler's genocide of Jews

Muslim teenagers are being radicalised by Nazi propaganda that celebrates Adolf Hitler's genocide of the Jews and even claims he was an admirer of Islam, the Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Dozens of Muslim schoolboys have been referred to the Government's Prevent programme after viewing and sharing Nazi videos and memes in the wake of the October 7 attack on Israel by Hamas and the war in Gaza.

Previously only white teenagers susceptible to Far Right extremism were referred to Prevent over such material, officials say.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13434079/muslim-teenagers-anti-terror-programme-nazi-adolf-hitler.html

A question to the moderator of this thread:

As I can see that my comment here was not only censored, but completely removed by you, as if it never existed, I wonder, is it a forum you want here, or is it an echo-chamber that only supports your own narrative and your own opinions?