I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Yeah, I'm talking years though, not weeks. Choices become limited when you are going out every day. Even in Pattaya I'm having trouble finding new places to eat near me after a year.

Travel to other parts of the city. 

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That's one of the reasons I like Bangkok. There's new places to explore without traveling too far.

Food capital of asia. Bangkok is great at night time but what do you do during the days? It seems amazing at night but dreary during the days. If I had a large budget I could live on Samui but I would fly to Bangkok and other cities every month.

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Food capital of asia. Bangkok is great at night time but what do you do during the days? It seems amazing at night but dreary during the days. If I had a large budget I could live on Samui but I would fly to Bangkok and other cities every month.

I'm not morning guy. Tried that for years back in the Usa and it almost killed me.

37 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I know 7 quality restaurants in Chiang Mai plus they have a German buffet and that's only a fraction of the ones that would exist. Be lucky to find 2 on Koh Pha Ngan. Samui would be better, more gyms, more restaurants.

It is way better options when it comes to food at Koh Phangan than Hua Hin, and at Koh Samui international flights to KL. KL is my favorite city in Asia when it comes to international cuisine, and or BKK, Tokyo and Chiang Mai as well Denpassar. 

Koh Samui 30min boat ride 

Edited by Hummin

32 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Even in Pattaya I'm having trouble finding new places to eat near me after a year.

Have you considered leaving the baht bus route? there's a whole world out there. A motorbike is essential in Pattaya

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you considered leaving the baht bus route? there's a whole world out there. A motorbike is essential in Pattaya

I didn't want to drive. Have been a walker for years and just got used to walking. That could be part of the boredom issue, maybe I need to get that motorbike. I don't think so though, where would I go, the darkside? There's not much in Na Jomtein or Naklua to justify regular visits, at least when I was there walking around 🤷🏻‍♂️.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is way better options when it comes to food at Koh Phangan than Hua Hin, and at Koh Samui international flights to KL. KL is my favorite city in Asia when it comes to international cuisine, and or BKK, Tokyo and Chiang Mai as well Denpassar. 

Koh Samui 30min boat ride 

I find that hard to believe.

13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I didn't want to drive. Have been a walker for years and just got used to walking. That could be part of the boredom issue, maybe I need to get that motorbike. I don't think so though, where would I go, the darkside? There's not much in Na Jomtein or Naklua to justify regular visits, at least when I was there walking around 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I remember before i got a motorbike here i was a little concerned I'd get everywhere too quickly, but in reality it gives you loads more options for accomodation, food, drink and places to go. Lot's of great coffee shops out of Pattaya

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I remember before i got a motorbike here i was a little concerned I'd get everywhere too quickly, but in reality it gives you loads more options for accomodation, food, drink and places to go. Lot's of great coffee shops out of Pattaya

As does Rideshare.

23 hours ago, Hummin said:

It was just the impression I got at the end of covid I think it was, and did not talk to anyone. We had a fresh coconut at the beach, and thats it. The pig was walking around happy. 

Are you sure you are talking about Than Sadet? There was no pig when I went there. There was a pig at Haad Khom though. People didn't go to Than Sadet for a day trip. Way too hard to get to.

21 hours ago, susanlea said:

I used to walk around Bkk. It's a fascinating city at street level. Some of the malls are big enough to explore for a day.

Chatachuck market is amazing.

Air force museum is worth a look.

Take a ride on the river bus and explore the stops.

Heaps of interesting places to visit aways out of the center.

Loads of day trips.

Only lack of motivation make Bkk boring in the daytime.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to walk around Bkk. It's a fascinating city at street level. Some of the malls are big enough to explore for a day.

Loads of day trips.

Oh I agree !

Much much more to do in Bangkok in terms of Lumpini park ,markets ,bookshops where academics go , artisan cafes 

Libraries etc and intelligence conversation 

Try talking in Pattaya to a group of farangs about data statistics and analyst and you are met with blank stares

The only person who was interested in data analyst and psychtechnics was the owner of Canterbury Tales bookshop in Pattaya who was fascinated on my subjects ! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you sure you are talking about Than Sadet? There was no pig when I went there. There was a pig at Haad Khom though. People didn't go to Than Sadet for a day trip. Way too hard to get to.

Screenshot_20240613_091603_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8dc4512de6d7a4c78b1a140dfa572f81.jpgScreenshot_20240613_091746_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b7872f2bce4d4aec06aa285566c85c1b.jpg

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh I agree !

Much much more to do in Bangkok in terms of Lumpini park ,markets ,bookshops where academics go , artisan cafes 

Libraries etc and intelligence conversation 

Try talking in Pattaya to a group of farangs about data statistics and analyst and you are met with blank stares

The only person who was interested in data analyst and psychtechnics was the owner of Canterbury Tales bookshop in Pattaya who was fascinated on my subjects ! 

Yep, Bangkok has many more people who are thinking more and have interesting ideas. Not just giving up and getting drunk. One really has to be Ok with being retired to like Pattaya imo, or just a hardcore pleasure seeker as a lifestyle.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Loads of day trips.

Hot, polluted, bad traffic. If it was so good why aren't you there now? 

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

I've decided I'm going back to Samui. Change my mind.

Lamlai is not to bad

Always happy, no time to be anything else

Edited by Hummin