Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

For the most part, I'm staying out of this nonsense thread any more. Cultists keep throwing Faux Noise as their source and this is a waste of time.

The latest bs - three Faux reps are talking to Don the con shortly after his conviction. During this spew of crap, the convict says "I never said 'Lock her up.'" AND NONE OF THE REPS CHECKED HIM ON THAT! They just looked on, dumb and stupid. They are knowingly ignoring his lies. Liars supporting liars.

All of them guilty.

Yeah. The dodgy right wing media has a huge responsibility for misinformation being spread. Too bad maga cult members are too lazy, or afraid, to fact check

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

So all the very, very carefully vetted jury, in your opinion, are all kangaroo's........ 😂

I would suggest your post tells all a lot about you.............🤣..................:crazy:

You left out 2 of the biggest Kangaroos of the whole bunch.

The judge and Bragg!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://www.voanews.com/a/trump-adult-children-sued-by-new-york-attorney-general-for-fraud-/6757056.html

Edit. It's a long list going back decades. Remember Trump University? Their charitable foundation? Obviously not as it would never be on Faux News

Time to educate a “Masters”

Close but no cigar.

Close only works in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. 

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Presto said:

Who is John Cain? Isn't that a name from an old movie? The Caine Mutiny?

he was a warmonger that was partly responsible for the troubles in the Middle East, liked to fund isis and other 'rebels' to over throw governments

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

you talking about john cain? 

let me ask you 1 thing, if Trump had served in Nam, would you show him honor and respect now? i very much doubt it, do you show Michael Flynn respect?

Veterans very rightly get respect for their service.

What they don’t get is a life time free pass to commit crimes.

Convicted Felon Trump skipped military service but couldn’t resist a career in criminality.

I don’t think Flynn is out of the woods yet.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Presto said:

Who is John Cain? Isn't that a name from an old movie? The Caine Mutiny?

Good movie!  Biden could play the part to a T after someone raided the freezer and took his ice cream in the White House pantry.

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

A jury's deliberations is only a function of the evidence allowed in Court and the pretrial rulings as to how the charges can be presented, and then instructions to the jury as presented by the judge.

Or in a nutshell might be presented by the defense in an appeal:

Garbage in -- Garbage out.

Alvin Bragg and his colleagues did a very professional job in this case. I didn't expect a guilty on all 34 counts. But who am I.

Considering their handling of the case so far, and the professionalism of the judge, I don't give an appeal much chance.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

A jury's deliberations is only a function of the evidence allowed in Court and the pretrial rulings as to how the charges can be presented, and then instructions to the jury as presented by the judge.

All of a sudden after over 800 years Trial by jury loses its luster.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That's actually pretty funny. Enjoy an upvote from me!

21 minutes ago, Presto said:

Considering their handling of the case so far, and the professionalism of the judge, I don't give an appeal much chance.

Though the crime of falsifying business records is nominally a misdemeanor, the Manhattan district attorney’s office almost always charges it as a felony. Still, the Trump case stands apart. The (NY)Times could identify only two other felony cases in Manhattan over the past decade in which defendants were indicted on charges of falsifying business records but no other crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Yeah. The dodgy right wing media has a huge responsibility for misinformation being spread. Too bad maga cult members are too lazy, or afraid, to fact check

Not even lazy or afraid. They simply just don't care whether It's true or not.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I've been on jury service, though not in the USA........😉

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I've been on jury service, though not in the USA........😉

This is the case at issue. And many of the appeal issues occured even before there was a trial and a jury,

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trial by combat is what those wannabe Maga tough guys want. Fact is that they are just whiners and snowflakes who can't handle any bad news of their dear leader. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Though the crime of falsifying business records is nominally a misdemeanor, the Manhattan district attorney’s office almost always charges it as a felony. Still, the Trump case stands apart. The (NY)Times could identify only two other felony cases in Manhattan over the past decade in which defendants were indicted on charges of falsifying business records but no other crime.

Fine with me. Messing with a presidential election for your own advantage seems serious enough to me to dig up the appropriate laws, even if used rarely.

I'd rather see Trump behind for his role in the Jan6 insurrection and his theft of classified documents, but Garland efficiently ran those cases into the ditch.

Edited by Presto
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1