Beach recommendations

Right now I'd recommend Samui. As you have no time.

It will cost over odds but you'll get what you want.

Andaman is closing or many islands closed. Phuket beaches can be dangerous.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend any beaches all the way south to surat Thani although their are a few beach exceptions.

Go to Ban Sare near you in Chonburi and on to Navy beach. A nice day out for what it is.

• Like 1

Since just looking, I'd go to Phuket, as less expensive all around, since 'off' season.

Or Hua Hin if not minding the 10 ish hours of driving time. If having the time, could split that with a night at Krung Thep, or abouts.

On 6/4/2024 at 11:45 AM, KhunLA said:

Samui, Chumphon, Krabi, Phuket airports would be 1.5 hr away from Phit airport

With a stop-over at Don Mueng for who knows how long.

19 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

looks like it will be Hua hin

Good choice, and I'd stay toward the southern end of the beach.  Not a fan of downtown-ish, actually HH beach area.  Maybe 1 night to check out the night market areas.

Baht buses are convenient, as there is literally no parking at most of HH, unless at one of the malls/shopping centers.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

With a stop-over at Don Mueng for who knows how long.

Probably why I stated "pick a non stop"  ...

... but feel free to paraphrase me, if it fits your spin :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Probably why I stated "pick a non stop"  ...

... but feel free to paraphrase me, if it fits your spin :coffee1:

Obviously, you don't know that the only flights to and from PHS are to/from DMK...Don Mueng.

After that, the World is your lobster!

Edited by KannikaP

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Obviously, you don't know that the only flights to and from PHS are to/from DMK...Don Mueng.

After that, the World is your lobster!

I suspected that, but since not sure, made my suggestion.  NO, didn't check, as don't care, that would be the OP's responsibility.  Since he didn't have a real plan, if a flight did go near a beach, win win.

Although considering 8-10 drive time, and a conx or direct flight certainly wouldn't be a turn off for myself.  Though I do enjoy self driving & no time limits.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Chumphon mainland, Hat Thung Wua Laen is really nice

Like Ban Krut also, but that would add 2 ish more hours from Hua Hin, and even 1 more to TWL beach.

• Agree 1

On 6/4/2024 at 5:53 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

Spent some time in Cha'am 20 years ago - even then HH felt tight and crowded... though it might be ok to go back there as there are a couple of fancy resorts on the beach... 

oh, Hua Hin was crowded 20 years ago, then, there is many more beaches all the way down to Chumphon with no people on, just garbage. 

Thats what you face when looking for more remote beaches. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Hummin said:

oh, Hua Hin was crowded 20 years ago, then, there is many more beaches all the way down to Chumphon with no people on, just garbage. 

Thats what you face when looking for more remote beaches. 

When was the last time you were at any of those beaches, as I'm along the Gulf coast (west) quite a bit, and haven't seen what you describe, if there are vendors nearby.

From Hua Hin down to Chumphon.  Do you really want to be on a beach, where nobody is at.   They don't go there for  reason.  If nobody there, nobody to maintain any cleanliness, even if just natural 'trash'. 

Things have improved greatly since I've been in TH ... IMHO.   All the beaches I've mentioned or suggested, large or small, are fairly spotless of garbage.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

When was the last time you were at any of those beaches, as I'm along the Gulf coast (west) quite a bit, and haven't seen what you describe, if there are vendors nearby.

From Hua Hin down to Chumphon.  Do you really want to be on a beach, where nobody is at.   They don't go there for  reason.  If nobody there, nobody to maintain any cleanliness, even if just natural 'trash'. 

Things have improved greatly since I've been in TH ... IMHO.   All the beaches I've mentioned or suggested, large or small, are fairly spotless of garbage.

I was talking about if he thought Hua Hin was crowded 20 years ago, he obviously do not want to much developments around himself, and those beaches we visited during our motorbike trips, was floaded with garbage, especially during low season because of the wind and current drives garbage up on the beaces. Happens everywhere, but most beaches with some tourism being cleaned up realtiviely quick. 

Worst drawback is the beach fly season on that stretch, and jelly fish 

However, many nice palces if you have a nice balcony to wathc from and are a morning bird up to see the sunrises. 

On 6/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, charleskerins said:

Have not been to the beach here yet   (well Pattaya once but -no thanks)     looking for nice beach quiet clean    I am in Central Thailand    

TIA

Try some islands. That is usually always the cleanest and most quiet choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Not yet

Well give it a try. I recommend Sombat buses. Go to the beach opposite Market Village or south of there. Find a hotel near Market Village. If you like gyms go to King of Muay Thai.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Try some islands. That is usually always the cleanest and most quiet choice.

Islands are usually the busiest in high season and beaches loaded with rubbish in low season as nobody wants to clean them. Also far more expensive and food is normally not good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Islands are usually the busiest in high season and beaches loaded with rubbish in low season as nobody wants to clean them. Also far more expensive and food is normally not good.

it will be Hua Hin

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

it will be Hua Hin

Tamarind night market is the best one for food. The main night market near the train station has nowhere to sit apart from overpriced restaurants nearby. Baan Khun Por would be the second best night market. 

Edited by susanlea

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

I guess you just had bad experiences.

4 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Not yet

Yeah, Hua Hin is also a good choice. However, you must chose a hotel with a private beach and be confined to that for clean living.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, Hua Hin is also a good choice. However, you must chose a hotel with a private beach and be confined to that for clean living.

That is not the case at all. You can stay anywhere and access the beach via various sois.

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I guess you just had bad experiences.

I guess you have not been to many islands. A lot of them have rubbish collecting on the beaches when it is not busy. Most of the beaches are not that good anyway and food is usually disappointing. 

On 6/4/2024 at 4:34 PM, Kinok Farang said:

PS,haven't been to Samet for 20 years but the beaches there took some beating years ago.

Samet is clean and beautiful. I used to go often, starting from 28 years ago. I agree it got beaten and maybe 15 years ago I checked out of a three night stay - at a good resort - after one day because it was filthy. I was with my parents and it was embarrassing, we checked out and went to Centara Grand Mirage in Pattaya! Yeah, it was that bad.

I didn't go back for maybe 17-18 years but went back a few years ago and was very pleasantly surprised. Been back a few times since and it is spotless, clean sand, clean water, great restaurants. My kids love it, I would recommend it to anyone (after definitely not recommending it for a long time).

Thailand has cleaned up its act in many respects. Samui is another place I used to go to regularly when I first came here but stopped for a long time. Now I love it again, clean and pretty.

On 6/3/2024 at 11:59 PM, charleskerins said:

On that list I would pick Trang      on second thought too far

trang is worth it for the peace and quiet. Don't count it out. Koh Lanta is good. Closer to you worth it is Koh Chang (airport close). lots of peace and quiet there. great beaches and some really nice resorts. i stayed at siam bay resort a few times. beach isn't great but everything else is awesome. go further down the island to bailan beach (i think) and its almost a throw back to the old thailand. very limited still and not too built up. 

9 hours ago, susanlea said:

I guess you have not been to many islands. A lot of them have rubbish collecting on the beaches when it is not busy. Most of the beaches are not that good anyway and food is usually disappointing. 

No of course I have not been to many islands. Just talking a lot of BS, and totally missed that during my 25 years in this country. Are you for real? Also complaining about the food. Might you just be one of the many foreigners in Thailand that can´t be without their food menu from home?