U.S. Drivers Overwhelmingly Prefer Gasoline Cars To EVs: 79% to 21% KPMG Survey

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

That maybe true in America, it’s certainly not true here.

Not true as so many sources indicate. But you have to look.

• Since Q3 2021, EV sales have increased every quarter, and the share of total light-duty vehicle sales that EVs represent isn’t shrinking, either. The share of new sales that are plug-in electric increased from about 3% in Q1 2021 to about 7% in 2022 and then reached more than 10% in Q3 2023. "U.S. ELECTRIC VEHICLE SALES SOAR INTO ‘24", January 26, 2024  thicct.org
  • The United States Electric Car Market size is estimated at 92.86 billion USD in 2024, and is expected to reach 248.9 billion USD by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 17.86% during the forecast period (2024-2030).https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/united-states-electric-car-market

Posted (edited)

Sells in America ? Perhaps they are talking about "lease". My sister drives an electric MB  that is leased. Buying an EV sounds stupid to me. I rather to buy diesel. And in fact I bought a new diesel truck a few months ago. Cheap Chinese EVs end up to junkyard perhaps in the 1st decade. New batteries will be costly. Not sure how much those owners save their money, will see when the battery replacing time is here. 
Besides that EV cars get thinner and lighter due to longer distance by onetime charge. Safety 🤔🙄.

Edited by The Theory
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Drivers in Thailand are turning their backs on the EV hype. Sales in April were down further at 18.4% from March

This looks to be a segment of a much larger auto manufacturing problem in Thailand. Not just EVs.

• "In March 2024, Thailand produced 138,331 cars, down 23.08% from March 2023. This drop was due to reduced domestic production and sales, particularly in pickup trucks and passenger cars, which decreased by 41.01% following stricter credit approvals." - "Car Production in March 2024 totaled 138,331 units - M Report'"  Apr 25, 2024, https://www.mreport.co.th › news
  • "Thailand's car manufacturing target for 2024 may be downgraded as production continues to decline, with a sluggish economy affecting car sales, according to the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI). "May 2024 Thailand's auto sales forecast to fall this year - VnExpress International"  https://e.vnexpress.net › economy

It's the the steady collapse of the entire economy since 2014.

• Thanks 1

That maybe true in America, it’s certainly not true here.

Just wait a couple yrs there w'll be plenty Too expensive and too expensive to Fix  2nd hand ones at the dealers down the road . 

You know about maintenance service ,here in Los Yes?

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

It's fairly clear that I know a lot more about EV's than you do.

So You say. If you do than why are you Denying the truth about them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Do you have any actual figures and links, or are we supposed to just take your word for it?

53 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

This had been discussed in another thread, I suggest you continue it there.  Or did you cut and paste it here trying to whip up some clearly needed credibility?

Thanks for you post I was replying to @billd766 post where he as asking for links

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

EV's are fairly new to Thailand, so it is normal that there is still an increasing interest here, similar to anywhere in the world when EV's were introduced.

After the "new" factor has sunk in, sales fall everywhere.

https://rogermontgomery.com/ev-sales-decline-leads-to-more-ev-sales-declines/

Even in Norway, the fourth largest EV market in Europe, where EV sales comprise 90 per cent of all vehicle sales thanks to incentives and tax reductions, EV registrations have halved. Perhaps saturation has something to do with Norway’s story.

In the UK, which now leads Europe in electric vehicle sales, March saw an increase of almost four per cent and an increase of almost 10 per cent in the first quarter. Despite this growth, the UK EV market share has fallen slightly from 16.6 per cent to 15.2 per cent in the last year.

Yes it reads good for the EV fanboys when the figures show high percentages increase in sales.

FYI, if year over year sales increase from 100 to 200, that is a 100% rise, but it still means nothing.

Because you are a EV fanboy, and probably own one, doesn't make you knowledgeable about them.

I own a PC, but that doesn't make me a computer expert.

I have had 5 EV's, I would describe myself as fairly expert.   Compared to the salespeople who sell them, I'm 42! (c) Douglas Adams.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have had 5 EV's, I would describe myself as fairly expert.   Compared to the salespeople who sell them, I'm 42! (c) Douglas Adams.

I have had at least 10 PC's, still doesn't make me an expert, and thanks for the confused emoji, it clearly shows that you have no leg to stand on contradicting the FACTS in the article I linked to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder why my posts, which were actually just some facts and evidenced by an article, attracted so many confused emojis.

Since all posts from other members, which don't agree with the EV hype, attract the same confused emojis it is obvious that they are from the EV fanboys and explains why they are so into the EV hype and consider themselves EV experts because they own one.

con·fused
/kənˈfyo͞ozd/
adjective
adjective: confused
  1. (of a person) unable to think clearly; bewildered.
    Similar:
    demented
    • not in possession of all one's mental faculties, especially because of old age

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Not true as so many sources indicate. But you have to look.

• Since Q3 2021, EV sales have increased every quarter, and the share of total light-duty vehicle sales that EVs represent isn’t shrinking, either. The share of new sales that are plug-in electric increased from about 3% in Q1 2021 to about 7% in 2022 and then reached more than 10% in Q3 2023. "U.S. ELECTRIC VEHICLE SALES SOAR INTO ‘24", January 26, 2024  thicct.org
  • The United States Electric Car Market size is estimated at 92.86 billion USD in 2024, and is expected to reach 248.9 billion USD by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 17.86% during the forecast period (2024-2030).https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/united-states-electric-car-market

These are 1) last years sales

2) a forecast 

They are not 2024 sales figures.

This had been discussed in another thread, I suggest you continue it there.  Or did you cut and paste it here trying to whip up some clearly needed credibility?

You asked for Thai sales and he gave them to you...from a credible source. What's your problem? Why don;t you go on another thread instead, you've contributed nothing here. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

It was inevitable that the masses would eventually wise up to the very poor value-to-cost proposition that EVs represent.

More thoughtful people saw it in the first two  years of sales with high maintenance cost, poor range, insane surveillance built into the contract, and other factors.

One of my bucket list items is to die before I am forced to buy an EV.

The whole 'save the environment' thing is a cruel joke. We are way past that tipping point and still can't agree on a unified response. Humans may be the smartest animals but not enough so to stop their own self-inflicted demise.

It’s not only that but the people who buy these vehicles the last thing they care about is the environment. It’s a trend. They are “cool”. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

I have had at least 10 PC's, still doesn't make me an expert, and thanks for the confused emoji, it clearly shows that you have no leg to stand on contradicting the FACTS in the article I linked to.

I didn't give you a confused emoji

59 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

So each one became a loss and you kept on buying?

Did I say that?  

42 minutes ago, retarius said:

You asked for Thai sales and he gave them to you...from a credible source. What's your problem? Why don;t you go on another thread instead, you've contributed nothing here. 

For a start it doesn't show the trend of what buyers are choosing and secondly, it's off topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1