The Social Disintegration Threatened by Mass Immigration in Britain

Milton! thou shouldst be living at this hour:
England hath need of thee: she is a fen
Of stagnant waters: altar, sword, and pen,
Fireside, the heroic wealth of hall and bower,
Have forfeited their ancient English dower
Of inward happiness. We are selfish men;
Oh! raise us up, return to us again;
And give us manners, virtue, freedom, power.
Thy soul was like a Star, and dwelt apart:
Thou hadst a voice whose sound was like the sea:
Pure as the naked heavens, majestic, free,
So didst thou travel on life's common way,
In cheerful godliness; and yet thy heart
The lowliest duties on herself did lay.

Wordsworth :coffee1:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

The increasing levels of mass immigration to Britain are beginning to strain the fabric of British society in ways that cannot be ignored. For the first time in my life, the country is witnessing the emergence of sectarian politics within its political sphere, marked by a rigid adherence to specific religious or ethnic beliefs. This phenomenon is not just a minor political shift but a serious societal problem that threatens to undermine the unity and stability of the nation.

The evidence of this emerging sectarianism is not hard to find. Recently, during a local election in Leeds, a newly elected Green Party councillor, Mothin Ali, exclaimed "Allahu Akbar!" upon his victory. This incident, while perhaps celebratory for some, was shocking and outraged many others. Additionally, a pro-Palestinian protest near Downing Street turned violent, resulting in a policewoman being injured by a glass bottle. In Birmingham during the summer of 2022, violent clashes between Hindus and Muslims further highlighted the importation of international political and religious conflicts into British society.

The most alarming aspect of this situation is the potential for sectarianism to foster extremism. Sectarian beliefs can create fertile ground for terrorist organizations, which may then commit atrocities with alarming frequency. A poll conducted by JL Partners in April, commissioned by the Henry Jackson Society, revealed that 23 percent of 18-34 year old British Muslims support the concept of jihad. Additionally, one in three Muslims in this age group expressed a desire for Sharia law to be imposed in Britain, which includes severe punishments such as death for apostasy, amputation for theft, and stoning or lashing for adultery. While this poll sampled just 1,000 individuals, the findings are profoundly concerning and should serve as a wake-up call for the entire country.

The influence of these sectarian dynamics on political parties is evident. Recently, Angela Rayner, the deputy leader of the Labour Party, addressed a room of Muslim men in her Ashton-under-Lyne constituency, seeking their support for an upcoming election. She promised that Labour supports the International Criminal Court's decision to arrest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over allegations of war crimes in Gaza. This pandering to sectarian interests underscores the extent to which British politics is being shaped by these forces.

The paradox of the current situation is striking. Some groups appear comfortable with women being reduced to second-class citizens, devoid of voting rights, a stark contrast to the universal suffrage achieved in Britain in 1928. The democratic rights of women are at risk of being rolled back by nearly a century.

Reversing this trend is a daunting challenge. The first step must be to ensure that the situation does not deteriorate further. Mass immigration over the past 25 years, under both Labour and Conservative governments, is a significant factor in the rise of sectarian politics. This influx was not subject to public approval, leaving taxpayers without a voice in the matter. Instead of solving problems, mass immigration has created new and complex issues.

In the past year alone, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), over 300,000 people from the Indian subcontinent and 140,000 from Nigeria have settled in Britain. The question remains: will these individuals fully integrate into British society? Historically, Britain has never experienced such large numbers of young people who not only resist assimilation but also seek to impose their cultural norms on the broader society.

This reality must be confronted head-on. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak must address this issue directly, and Sir Keir Starmer, who is predicted to be the next Prime Minister, must have concrete plans to tackle this growing problem. It is crucial for political leaders to engage in an honest and open debate about the impacts of mass immigration and the rise of sectarian politics before the situation worsens.

The current election campaign lacks the courage to address these issues, but many politicians, whether on the left or right, share these concerns privately. They owe it to the country to bring these discussions into the public sphere, to ensure that British society can navigate these challenges and maintain its cohesion and stability.

Credit: Daily Telegraph 2024-06-03

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I recognize many of the same results of the mass invasion into the US some legal and much illegal with the democrats unwilling to really stop it but, it is literally a growing problem with the republicans not joining in any serious discussions with the democrats, using this as a thorn against the democrats for this year's elections.  I note also that in previous immigration periods years ago, immigrant would try to assimilate into US society and contributed much to the successes of the US.  But in recent years, the immigrants have changed mentally it seems to me in that now they congregate into certain areas, where they have learned that with the right amount of numbers, they can elect one of their own into the US elected bodies at all levels and they also begin to try an change living conditions to reflect those in the country that they fled.  Not sure I understand the reasoning anymore...maybe I am too old but I sure don't see the younger generations willing to fight the negative changes in our society.  Guess the USA will become a vanished "civilization" like so many before.  Hope all have a happy and healthy rainy season!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

At least the millions of illegals in the US gives us unlimited supplies of taco stands.

there are so many diverse immigrants today, one can find a lot more than taco stands!

16 minutes ago, Presnock said:

there are so many diverse immigrants today, one can find a lot more than taco stands!

Well in my little part of the world the illegals have given lower wages, crime and taco joints.

• Thanks 2

Might take 200 years, but the world's races will eventually blend into one new mixed race. 

And one's ethnicitiy will be impossible to guess. 

Cultures should be preserved somehow, but not mass immigration. That ship has sailed. 

37 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

If you compare the Brits' handling of large-scale immigration with the similar Oz experience over decades, you'ld have to say the Brits don't come out of it very well.

Oz is currently feeling some discomfiture with post-Covid immigration levels over 500,000 annually. But there is widespread recognition that many of the migrants are energetic young people with skills the Oz economy sorely needs.

My experience over 40 years living in Oz was what a wonderfully rich (in all senses) country immigration had made of Oz, and sensible people on all sides of politics recognized this. I had many young staff working for me who had different coloured skins and unpronounceable surnames, but when they opened their mouths they spoke broad Australian. They were fine young citizens.

Of course British circumstances - population & geography - are different from the Oz reality. But clearer recognition of the positive contribution immigrants make would be helpful.

Yes indeed but the problems aren't just in the UK, the same problems are present throughout Europe. It has to be recognized that the disastrous demographics in Europe have left us with a dwindling workforce and a growing number of pensioners, if we can't produce enough children then there is no alternative to immigration. Unfortunately we aren't being very intelligent about our choices, the boat people shouldn't be a problem with a rigorous administration despite us being a signatory to the UN charter (the main stumbling block). Why don't they stay in France? Because the French are harsher with handouts and housing, the UK could set up barrack camps to house them while they are being processed, less handouts and detention if refused stay followed by forced return.

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Well in my little part of the world the illegals have given lower wages, crime and taco joints.

I have read too many stories over the last couple of years about the disintegration of our legal system where criminals are longer called criminals but are instead freed as the laws are changed to make whatever crime they committed to disappear and I live in a country where the immigration of unskilled labor means that the locals work for less than 10 dollars a 12-hour day of hard labor and whenever the government talks about increasing it even a tad, rich business owners complain and it never happens so wages remain so low folks can hardly survive - birth rate dropping every year so in 30 years or so the immigrants will outnumber the locally born citizens.  Not a pretty picture.  World is going to crap...that is why I retired here instead of the US and just can't escape it anywhere except maybe the autocrat-ruled countries and I know I couldn't survive there.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

At least the millions of illegals in the US gives us unlimited supplies of taco stands.

More than taco stands:  Last year, over 37,400 Chinese migrants entered the US illegally via its southern border, more than 50 times the number in 2021, according to data from the US Customs and Border Protection.

Channel News Asia in Singapore sent a reporter to follow some of these "migrants" or illegals and they estimate the actual number is over 40K.  

Both Britain and the US are in similar positions:  Little controls of it's borders. Passports and Visa"s? Why bother. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

In the mid 70s, I visited London where a great country I came back there in 85 and the whole country had a different vibe a different feeling and I surely thought it was better when I was there in the 70s

Oh, is that Nigel Farage in front of cameras and the Right-wing rags to proclaim hatred against others? Must mean there's an election in the offing. Don't think it's going to work this time, made too big of a mess. Plus, your own leaders are children of immigrants. Perhaps time to have actual policies that are sensible and help your population? Or is that going too far?

3 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

Meanwhile, leaving Joseph Goebbels to spew his hatemongering in the Telegraph, we return to the real world of 2024 where, without foreign workers, the UK can't function: 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/jun/02/uk-care-agencies-accused-of-exploiting-foreign-workers-caught-in-debt-traps

Thanks, that's quite obvious. And to complain about all these coloured people in UK is hilarious and ridiculous. As colonialists UK gave them same rights as UK civilians. And most of them are well integrated (Sunak). Put money into education, create better teachers, cribs for toddlers, more Kindergartens and better housing facilities. And a far better health system. 

Wasn't it the Clown hand in hand with Farage to put every pound what is not going to Brussel to  put into NHS?

I hope Starmer will have plan since Sunak got none.🙏

Hope nobody mind if I make a small correction to the article: 

A poll conducted by JL Partners in April, commissioned by the Henry Jackson Society, revealed that 77 percent of 18-34 year old British Muslims do not support the concept of jihad. Additionally, two in three Muslims in this age group did not express a desire for Sharia law to be imposed in Britain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

I recognize many of the same results of the mass invasion into the US some legal and much illegal with the democrats unwilling to really stop it but, it is literally a growing problem with the republicans not joining in any serious discussions with the democrats, using this as a thorn against the democrats for this year's elections.  I note also that in previous immigration periods years ago, immigrant would try to assimilate into US society and contributed much to the successes of the US.  But in recent years, the immigrants have changed mentally it seems to me in that now they congregate into certain areas, where they have learned that with the right amount of numbers, they can elect one of their own into the US elected bodies at all levels and they also begin to try an change living conditions to reflect those in the country that they fled.  Not sure I understand the reasoning anymore...maybe I am too old but I sure don't see the younger generations willing to fight the negative changes in our society.  Guess the USA will become a vanished "civilization" like so many before.  Hope all have a happy and healthy rainy season!

I agree. What is astounding is the seemingly lack of concern among the young who are the ones who will be most affected. I've just watched a video of a peaceful protest in London by those defending their culture. What is remarkable is the lack of those who appear to be under forty years of age. Are they too busy playing with there phones? Wait until the chickens come home to roost. It will then be too late.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I agree. What is astounding is the seemingly lack of concern among the young who are the ones who will be most affected. I've just watched a video of a peaceful protest in London by those defending their culture. What is remarkable is the lack of those who appear to be under forty years of age. Are they too busy playing with there phones? Wait until the chickens come home to roost. It will then be too late.

I fear it is alreay too late.  On top of this invasion from the south, the two front running candidates are MY AGE and I have 40 years of US govt experience at many levels and I will be the very first person to tell anyone that neither of these two are qualified to run the US govt or any other government.  They need to RETIRE near the beach and their regular home.  That is my opinion.

4 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

Meanwhile, leaving Joseph Goebbels to spew his hatemongering in the Telegraph, we return to the real world of 2024 where, without foreign workers, the UK can't function: 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/jun/02/uk-care-agencies-accused-of-exploiting-foreign-workers-caught-in-debt-traps

Most of these mass arrivals are on welfare, just hanging out, breeding etc, crime..........

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why does anyone still listen to Farage, the man’s a carnival barker.

Wasn’t immigration supposed to be sorted out by the BREXIT con?

He’s running his mouth, stirring xenophobia and blaming everyone else.

Oddly, not standing for election and not joining a political party.

Barking and hollering.

It plays well to some.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Why doesn't the government conscript them?  They could be cleaning the streets, helping OAPs with their house/garden-cleaning, be lollipop 'persons' etc.  IMHO, any able-bodied illegal should have to work for free (or minimum wage) to earn their right to stay in the UK.  Replace the government hand-outs with government payment for useful work from these illegals.

The days of Empire and Slavery? Those were the days. :shock1::sad:

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Why doesn't the government conscript them?  They could be cleaning the streets, helping OAPs with their house/garden-cleaning, be lollipop 'persons' etc.  IMHO, any able-bodied illegal should have to work for free (or minimum wage) to earn their right to stay in the UK.  Replace the government hand-outs with government payment for useful work from these illegals.

If they are bogus asylum seekers or simply dodging visa requirements they should not be in the UK.

It’s the Government’s failure to deal with this that leaves these people in the UK 

• Agree 2