Pita Declares His Readiness to Succeed Srettha as Prime Minister

6 hours ago, paymaster said:

I enjoy your correct and pragmatic approach to the bare facts in this and subsequent posts on this topic. It's a pity that Bob and Dinsdale don't seem to get it. I agree with their views in general also but yours is pragmatic. 

The 200 unelected senators?

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He is ready, all of Thailand is ready. He is the elected PM. Not Srettha. He is a fraud and an imposter. But there are some very regressive minded creeps who are not ready. And they hold alot of power. And they want to hold Thailand back, and continue to earn a fortune, at the cost of the people, the welfare of the nation, and the future of the nation.

They are so greedy, so self absorbed, so ignorant, so lacking in vision, that they do not understand the cost of their thirst for power and wealth. They are not worthy, nor are they decent. But, they have the power. 

They rigged it with the 200

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bannork said:

But what MFD101 doesn't mention is that Pheu Thai campaigned on the promise they would never join the junta backed parties.

How many people would have voted for them if they had announced before the election they were willing to join the junta parties?

They deceived the public, skewering the results of the election.

No different than a mob of mongrel dogs, friendly if you're feeding them at the time. 

Edited by Artisi

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Agree 100% just how much of taxpayers money does 'HE' get yearly, and never pays Tax or for anything

Ranked first, the world's richest monarch, is King Maha Vajiralongkorn from Thailand, with a net worth of $43 billion. 

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

It may surprise you but I agree.

However, ALL politicians tell lies or misrepresent issues or mislead The People when it suits them. In general, politicians who tell the truth and the whole truth all the time would NEVER get elected. By anyone.

The world is complex and grey. The People can stand only so much truth.

image.webp.c5b9a8394c4fb731938fd73e4bfbb006.webp

9 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Any change would be good for Thailand. I know that it is a novel idea but shouldn't the person who gets the most votes be the elected leader? I guest that is something that the USA and Thailand have in common.

Visit 'Transparency.org'  to see where Thailand and your country ranks on the World Corruption Index. 

image.png

image.png

If you are referring to Trump then he was elected president when losing the popular vote and also lost the presidency when losing the popular vote… Ah… I see what you mean… 🤔

1 hour ago, picctrainop said:

If you are referring to Trump then he was elected president when losing the popular vote and also lost the presidency when losing the popular vote… Ah… I see what you mean… 🤔

Post "close" elections decided by electoral votes:

:angry: The Loser:  "The electoral system is undemocratic and the constitution needs to be amended to end electoral votes!  Grrrr!"

:clap2:The Winner:  "The system works just fine."

When the shoe is on the other foot, the narrative changes as well.  The US is not a democracy.  Never was.  It's a representative based Constitutional Republic.  The framers built-in the Electoral College for a reason.  To avoid 'the tyranny of the majority." If you want a "democracy" move to the UK or the EU.  🤔  Yeah - think about it!

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, connda said:

Post "close" elections decided by electoral votes:

:angry: The Loser:  "The electoral system is undemocratic and the constitution needs to be amended to end electoral votes!  Grrrr!"

:clap2:The Winner:  "The system works just fine."

When the shoe is on the other foot, the narrative changes as well.  The US is not a democracy.  Never was.  It's a representative based Constitutional Republic.  The framers built-in the Electoral College for a reason.  To avoid 'the tyranny of the majority." If you want a "democracy" move to the UK or the EU.  🤔  Yeah - think about it!

On 6/3/2024 at 7:55 PM, dinsdale said:

I said quite some time ago that the tanks are being warmed up. Not many positive reactions to my previous posts. I stand by them. The scene is being set, albeit it slowly, and has been IMO well before the last election. The royalty, the military and the elite will not stand for progressive change in this country. 

there's a perfect storm, building up, for the Thai baht to sink, again. I've exited the SEC and am holding USDT. What is not recognized, generally, (besides the incompetence of the current government and the likelihood that MFP will get disarmed of any political power), is that there is a looming battle between the Shinawatra clan, the old elite and the monarchists.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 8:19 PM, John Drake said:

Pita now trolling Srettha. This is gonna be goooood.

This i think is the most accurate take.

Its all a bit of a laugh. Turnabout is fair play as they say. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 8:23 PM, bob smith said:

The 250 military backed senators are hardly going to vote for Pitha and MFP, are they?

The Thai system is rigged in favor of the military.

It is not democratic, it is autocratic.

bob.

Isn't it the case that the new senate no longer have a vote in the selection of the Prime Minister?

Edited by herfiehandbag