Small chickens

roger101

17 hours ago, rwill said:

plants are living creatures too.

Damned right!  The plant is just sitting there, basking in the sun, then the barbarian vegetarians come along and devour it.  Shame!

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, The Theory said:

50kg/60kg chickens even taste better.  
soooo good 😆🤣

Never seen any that big,,,,, do you live in Texas?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Fallacy, foxes do not kill for fun. They eat their fill and cache the rest for leaner times. Just like a dog burying its bones.

Us humans are the only species on this planet who kills for fun, much to our detriment.

U obviously never had a chook yard in the Aust bush😭

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Fallacy, foxes do not kill for fun. They eat their fill and cache the rest for leaner times. Just like a dog burying its bones.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

U obviously never had a chook yard in the Aust bush😭

Yes foxes do appear to kill to access, however if they are not disturbed they will return to the site of the kill and remove the access and cache it by burial. That's not killing for fun, that's killing for survival.

Foxes do not kill for fun

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Touché 

Well well well! the foxes in my back yard  back in the60,s were handed the same thank you as the dingoes  who also killed sheep, chooks and frail cattle. Either trapped or swift silent deadly .222., then skinned and then left to rot, displayed on fences as a warning to their cousins.They never came back for their "cache"! boom boom.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

That handsome little fella looks as much like a pit bull as a giraffe does.

Grrrrr!  He'll bite your leg off.  Grrrrr! 

He's a puppy.  He's nickname is "Pit Bull." 

• Haha 2

geeezee OP ....  Americans, Russians, Brits are jumping off balconies everywhere and your worried if you can get your baby chickens at Villa supermarket  .....   

• Confused 3

On 6/3/2024 at 8:40 PM, roger101 said:

I want to cook small chickens, not the 1.5-kilo ones that most supermarkets sell.

I seemed to remember the Villa had them on their website, so I checked. Yep, there they were 300g 170Baht and in stock. So I went to Villa today and found the 1.5kilo ones, could I find the 300g ones NO.  Asked the staff at the meat counter and they had no idea what I was talking about I don't mind them being out of stock but it does piss me off to get there only to find the information on their website is wrong.

So does anybody know where I could buy these baby chickens?

The baby chickens have been available on my Villa App since you posted (at the Avenue). As said before they are only 149 baht not 170 like you posted and I just checked and there's about 30 in freezer opposite the deli counter.

These come in a clear plastic bag with no marketing packaging like big companies do...up to you but I won't be buying any lol

20240605_194205.jpg

20240605_194212.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2024 at 6:40 AM, roger101 said:

I want to cook small chickens, not the 1.5-kilo ones that most supermarkets sell.

I seemed to remember the Villa had them on their website, so I checked. Yep, there they were 300g 170Baht and in stock. So I went to Villa today and found the 1.5kilo ones, could I find the 300g ones NO.  Asked the staff at the meat counter and they had no idea what I was talking about I don't mind them being out of stock but it does piss me off to get there only to find the information on their website is wrong.

So does anybody know where I could buy these baby chickens?

Reminds me of when my wife and I went shopping for a bed side lamp at one of the big box stores. We found one we liked and call over a staff member who told us " That one is not for sale, it is only for show."

54 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Just buy a big one and cut it into small pieces 

Or buy a big one like RP suggests and look at it from a little further away.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

The baby chickens have been available on my Villa App since you posted (at the Avenue). As said before they are only 149 baht not 170 like you posted and I just checked and there's about 30 in freezer opposite the deli counter.

These come in a clear plastic bag with no marketing packaging like big companies do...up to you but I won't be buying any lol

20240605_194205.jpg

20240605_194212.jpg

Thanks. I looked in the freezer but it didn't click on what I was seeing. I will pop in there tomorrow.

I went to Villa this morning and bought two. They were 900g. each.

So much for Villa's accuracy in describing them. Mind you, they are more of the size I actually wanted when I started looking. One of them is sitting in a pale of water to defrost and I'm going to roast it later.