UK warns British tourists to behave in Thailand or face jail time

webfact

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The British frequently make headlines because there is a significant number of them here. Similarly, the Swiss have also been in the news quite often recently. Are we to irrationally assume that all Swiss individuals are troublemakers?

Got a link to all these Swiss troublemakers last month?

Any murders? Ripping off sex workers? Human trafficking? Drug smuggling? Punching elderly Thais in the face? Working without visas? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

the 60day visa on arrival still has not been implemented, The UK  FO needs to catch up. 

I think you mean Thai Immigration needs to catch up and implement the rules they've announced, seemingly without informing immigration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norsurin said:

The brits is number one in thailand for crimes compared to other foreigners.

Which is unfortunately the reason for this warning.

pretty bad it has got to this.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Got a link to all these Swiss troublemakers last month?

Any murders? Ripping off sex workers? Human trafficking? Drug smuggling? Punching elderly Thais in the face? Working without visas? 

You've only been in Thailand 2 weeks so wouldn't have seen this... https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/06/a-swiss-man-seriously-hurts-thai-woman-in-trang-supermarket/

TRANG – Another dispute erupted between a foreigner and a Thai in Trang Province, southern Thailand. A Swiss man attacked a Thai woman, breaking her nose and making her face bloat in the supermarket. She needed to be hospitalised immediately.

Mr. Kritphong Khikkham, 25, of Village No. 1, Ban Khuan Subdistrict, Mueang District, Trang Province, and his family reported to the tourist police on Tuesday evening, March 5, that a Swiss foreigner had attacked his mother, age 53, and caused serious physical harm in the middle of a mall in Trang Municipality.

According to Kritphong, his mother developed a nerve condition as a result of having the wrong tooth moved. As a result, she will need to heal for some time. She needs to use a walker to go around, and she can’t walk very well.... อ่านข่าวต้นฉบับได้ที่ : https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/06/a-swiss-man-seriously-hurts-thai-woman-in-trang-supermarket/

Not just old, but an invalid with a walker... What a man... 

BTW Which country are you from?

Edited by Mike Teavee

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Last September I flew back to Thailand with EVA air in cattle class. It was truly saddening to see the caliber of my fellow countrymen heading to ' Pats ' to go on a non stop bender if their behavior en route was anything to go by. So much so that I might give up on EVA and look for another airline.

Where to the high end British tourists go ? They must go somewhere ? Why do some of us go rapidly downhill on vacation ?

its Pattaya, sleeze capital, what do you expect. sexpats  chavs thats all it is there

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

To avoid paying the tax. Much cheaper.

i have been buying some from Cambodia I think. Cheaper and none of those stupid warnings on the packets. I bought them from a Burmese guy in Patong.

Do they have the slight aroma of buffalo chips?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You've only been in Thailand 2 weeks so wouldn't have seen this... https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/06/a-swiss-man-seriously-hurts-thai-woman-in-trang-supermarket/

TRANG – Another dispute erupted between a foreigner and a Thai in Trang Province, southern Thailand. A Swiss man attacked a Thai woman, breaking her nose and making her face bloat in the supermarket. She needed to be hospitalised immediately.

Mr. Kritphong Khikkham, 25, of Village No. 1, Ban Khuan Subdistrict, Mueang District, Trang Province, and his family reported to the tourist police on Tuesday evening, March 5, that a Swiss foreigner had attacked his mother, age 53, and caused serious physical harm in the middle of a mall in Trang Municipality.

According to Kritphong, his mother developed a nerve condition as a result of having the wrong tooth moved. As a result, she will need to heal for some time. She needs to use a walker to go around, and she can’t walk very well.... อ่านข่าวต้นฉบับได้ที่ : https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/06/a-swiss-man-seriously-hurts-thai-woman-in-trang-supermarket/

Not just old, but an invalid with a walker... What a man... 

BTW Which country are you from?

That is terrible. I think a case like that is more about somebody with a serious mental illness rather than just an a-hole.

But old news. 

Lambeth (London)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're in capable of reading more than one thread at a time I see.. 

Plenty of recent history of various different nationalities reaching the local headlines after getting themselves in to trouble locally....     

.... and none of them are a generalised example of or characterise the nature of people from those countries - only idiots would think otherwise.....     

I haven’t seen the Swiss government needing to warn their citizens to behave here or end up in jail. 
Or any others.

Have you got a link? Or just making it up to suit your narrative?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

47 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think you mean Thai Immigration needs to catch up and implement the rules they've announced, seemingly without informing immigration.

My cat has more chance of winning the lotto than immigration catching up with anything, and my cat is now buried in the garden. 

18 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i wonder if they'd write waste instead of waist? 😎

current Civil service... so unlikely !   But point taken Spoling  never my fing at Skool 555 !

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They won’t listen. While my country has nice, polite people that often find their way here, it also produces scummy bogun types. I’m all for turning them around or better still send them to Oz. Oh wait! 😜

They could not afford to go to OZ.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I haven’t seen the Swiss government needing to warn their citizens to behave here or end up in jail. 
Or any others.

Have you got a link? Or just making it up to suit your narrative?

Actually they do, but as you seem to even have issues with basic English, I wouldn't expect you to understand any of our 4 languages

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

“It is illegal to import more than 200 cigarettes per person into Thailand.

Why on earth would anybody import cigarettes into Thailand,

Why on earth not?   I'd guess that they do it because they want to (after the temptation of duty-free shops at the departure airport) and they know that they won't be able to buy their favoured fags in Thailand.

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

i have been buying some from Cambodia I think. Cheaper and none of those stupid warnings on the packets. I bought them from a Burmese guy in Patong.

Counterfeit fags, bought from a Burmese on the street, usually are cheaper.

6 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The headline appears to have nothing to do with the article that follows it, again.

But its perfect for grabbing the attention of some dumb Brit-bashers who are too stupid to read beyond a headline and thus trigger the 'brit-bashing' debate with their uneducated comments.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

Should they even have to say that to supposed adults? There's a long history of Brits getting in trouble here.

If you can't hold your alcohol then don't drink!

"Should they even have to say that to supposed adults?

Should they have to say what?"   There was no mention of alcohol or drinking anywhere in the article.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:
5 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

Should they even have to say that to supposed adults? There's a long history of Brits getting in trouble here.

If you can't hold your alcohol then don't drink!

"Should they even have to say that to supposed adults?

Should they have to say what?"   There was no mention of alcohol or drinking anywhere in the article.

... In an ideal world, of course, not, however, I think yes, they "Should have to say that to supposed adults".....    as its clear from so many of the comments that so many "supposed adults" have such a low reading age they clearly need reminding like children....   :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Although I smoked and I have quitted smoking since 2000 years but at Suvarnabhumi airport I witnessed an episode between two ladies from France and a rude idiot employee from Thai Tax Authorities (at 2015 year).

The ladies was crying because outside of the airport Thai FBI idiots arrest them to.......check out their unique middle size  baggage and finally they found that they carry two small boxes of Marlboro cigarettes they had bought from Doha airport.

As European citizen I intervene to calm the ladies and stop idiots of Thai Customs to pulled them out of their hands.

Τhe main issue was that ladies have bought as I referred two small boxes (20 packets) of Marlboro cigarettes from Doha and they didnt pay Thai......import taxes.

Thai idiots of Customs try to arrest me (I was neutral observer) but I pushed him away the idiots who didnt know his rights furthermore I notified him that only Policeman can arrest me do you want to call him? Only Policeman can search anyone in public space and nobody else as well as to ask your name or personal details and nobody else.

I was carryng a big suitcase that was empty because I was going to stay in Bangkok for 6 months at my job so I wanted to buy many things when I will return back at my home country.

The smart idiot guy from Thai Custom considered that I may carry illegal things and he demands to search me as punishment because I had tried to calm Frances ladies who were crying and shoutting.

I again notified him that only Policeman can order me in public space outside of the airport as well as to search my clothes and you are not authorized to do it. 

I inquiry you again do you want to call Policeman to search me here no problem by me but if you touch me I will break your arms. I finally call Policeman explaining him what was going on with Thai idiot from Custom and I forced him to search my clothes opening voluntary by suitcase.

Αs I have already referred my suitcase was empty and his head a Thai lady assistant custom Officer asked me why my suitcase was empty simultaneusly showing me the camera recorder at the ceilling of her office.

I aswered her give me your money madam to buy many things in order next time to be completed full telling to camera recorder at the ceiling of her office "chao Bella".

When I was finally free I asked the two Frances lady who were under arrest if they pay them any fine and told me that they paid .......€500 for 20 packets of Marlboro cigarettes from Doha airport.

We exchanged our phone numbers to make some calls at my Thai Jewish friends who live in Bangkok in order custom office to declare unpaid the fine and to return them back all the amount of their money.

It is noticable that I was a neutral observer in this horrible unacceptable stance from an idiot of Thai custom office outside of airport and not involved in any illegal things because my suticase was absolutely empty but the "smart" idiot guy from Thai custom office tried to punish me because I intervened to chill out Frances ladies who was crying and shouting at Suvarnabhumi airport.

It is more noticable to see how quickly they returned them back all the fine €500 at France ladies Bank account furthermore I am not sure if they offer them........... coffee and sweets "ladies -madam we are deeply sorry etc" dull bubble sh....ts and all of that I owe a great thanks to my Thai Jewish friends at Bangkok. (nice and very- very coincius guys and gilrs)

We love and respect Thailand but we also demand Thailand to love and respect us as much as we love them!🙂

Edited by Paris333