Who said you bank/s aren't passing on your information to governments. Expats be advised !

2 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

One for the Aussies.  At the time, Australia's richest man, Kerry Packer, paid something like, $1 tax.  They held a senate inquiry about it and he gave to them with both barrels.   

Famous and funny words, and true of every government around the world. 

Even if you are not Australian, it only goes for 43 seconds. Check it out. 

He looks like someone nearby farted.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

When I call my bank from overseas and if they ask, I tell them I'm on vacation.

Why?  They don't know where you are calling from.  Why would they ask anyway? 

Now, an official form, either in paper, or inside your internet banking, with fine print saying it's an offense to make a false statement, that's a different thing. 

5 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Why?  They don't know where you are calling from.  Why would they ask anyway? 

Now, an official form, either in paper, or inside your internet banking, with fine print saying it's an offense to make a false statement, that's a different thing. 

I use my Thai number for overseas calls. I'm not hip on the other alternatives. My US number phone is pricey.

18 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

I found this.

DrPhibes and DrPhelps is similar.  Are we among youtube greatness on this thread?  :smile:

Please do not think that tax rate is the same as tax amount paid.  His tax rate is lower but his tax amount paid is much higher due to his higher income.  Amazing how the average man these days has no clue on even the most basic math concepts I learned in 3rd grade.  I have been doing US income tax preparation as a business for the last 30 years after leaving a successful aerospace engineering position due to wanting more time to do other things.  Time is the ultimate coinage.

On 6/14/2024 at 11:50 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I use my Thai number for overseas calls. I'm not hip on the other alternatives. My US number phone is pricey.

Check out a VOIP provider.  Don't have to be "hip" to use it on a PC or app on phone.  Cheap calls to anywhere in the world, and you can also get call ID and local numbers for your home country. 

On 6/15/2024 at 6:23 AM, DrPhibes said:

Please do not think that tax rate is the same as tax amount paid.

I never did. 

His tax rate is lower but his tax amount paid is much higher due to his higher income. 

Sounds like a great system.  :smile:

How about mentioning how much he lobbies government.   You know, that great word, "lobbying" which is a legal word to describe "donations" because in the west we can't call them "bribes." 

No way would the rich, like him, ever "lobby" government to further their own interests.

Amazing how the average man these days has no clue on even the most basic math concepts I learned in 3rd grade.

Example please? 

I'm  sure the "average man" would appreciate a less from an "above average man." 

I have been doing US income tax preparation as a business for the last 30 years after leaving a successful aerospace engineering position due to wanting more time to do other things. 

Should I be impressed?

Time is the ultimate coinage.

Well, in a capitalist society, some see "money" as the ultimate.