Whats the difference bt Mpass, Mflow and Easyflow?

I have an Mpass token that is now faulty. The bank will not issue another one. I think she was saying that the toll roads are converting to Mflow or easyflow. Is this correct?  Is easyflow the payment channel for mflow?

That main hwy going past swampie into central bkk.... If my Mpass is not working but Im registered now with mflow and have money on easyflow.... can I pass through the toll there?

Setting up mflow/ easyflow was really hard and best to stop at their office and get help. Its all very complicated IMHO

• Confused 2

On 6/6/2024 at 1:34 PM, Classic Ray said:

M Pass and Easy Pass (not called Easy Flow) have joint lanes on highways with yellow lights above the booths. You have a card which is read automatically at the booth and the toll fee deducted from the balance.

M Flow is a new scheme with its own lanes where you have to register your vehicle number, as ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras read that number. Every month ( I think) you receive a bill for the tolls you owe. The system eliminates queues at toll booths.

today driving from swampie airport to sukhumvit the tolls were the same sign 'Mpass/ easy pass'. No mflow at all. where are those tolls located?

49 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

today driving from swampie airport to sukhumvit the tolls were the same sign 'Mpass/ easy pass'. No mflow at all. where are those tolls located?

Mainly on Highway #9 ringroad.

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

If on a standard 28 day cycle, easyflow will be the last 3 days, mflow the 3 days before that.

Eh? there's no such thing as Easyflow, and what is this 28 day cycle?

Easypass is a device that you top up online (or in physical offices) and you are deducted every time you pass a toll. You need to make sure you have credit or the gate won't open. Works on most expressways if not all (it didn't use to work on the Don Muang tollway but don't know if that has changed). You have an RFID device stuck on your windscreen that the gates read.

M Pass is exactly the same and is interchangeable. Originally Easy Pass was for the number 7 and other Bangkok expressways excluding the ring road (number 9). M Pass was for the ring road and excluded everything else. A few years ago they made them interchangeable so Easy Pass and M Pass both work on the same tolls.

M Flow is something different. There is no RFID device, you register your car online and the cameras recognise when you pass - there are no toll gates. You can be charged on your credit card or direct debit, or you can pay monthly. This only works on the number 9 ring road currently. They are supposed to roll out M Flow for all tollways this year but I haven't seen anything happening - probably why they won't issue the OP a new M Pass because it is being superceded.

Easy Pass / M Pass are useful when you don't have enough fiber in your diet.

M Flow is for you when you have enlarged prostate.

One is for number 1 the other is for number 2.

Different lanes.

Edited by Thailand J

On 6/10/2024 at 12:32 AM, josephbloggs said:

Eh? there's no such thing as Easyflow, and what is this 28 day cycle?

Easypass is a device that you top up online (or in physical offices) and you are deducted every time you pass a toll. You need to make sure you have credit or the gate won't open. Works on most expressways if not all (it didn't use to work on the Don Muang tollway but don't know if that has changed). You have an RFID device stuck on your windscreen that the gates read.

M Pass is exactly the same and is interchangeable. Originally Easy Pass was for the number 7 and other Bangkok expressways excluding the ring road (number 9). M Pass was for the ring road and excluded everything else. A few years ago they made them interchangeable so Easy Pass and M Pass both work on the same tolls.

M Flow is something different. There is no RFID device, you register your car online and the cameras recognise when you pass - there are no toll gates. You can be charged on your credit card or direct debit, or you can pay monthly. This only works on the number 9 ring road currently. They are supposed to roll out M Flow for all tollways this year but I haven't seen anything happening - probably why they won't issue the OP a new M Pass because it is being superceded.

Thanks for your comment. Now finally I understand...  So now my car doesnt have Mpass. But they stuck the sticker on the inside of my front screen and also registered me with Easypass linked to my card. So I can pass thru signs saying 'Mpass / Easypass'