CBD oil strengths clarification and suppliers of authentic product in thailand

I have used Thai Govt. DTAM Ganja Oil @ about 200b for 10mg and no name full spectrum CBD oil @ 600b for 10mg..  The ganja oil works a bit but is not strong.  I gave a friend 5 drops and her very serious menstrual cramps disappeared moments later(!) so it does work for some.  The full spectrum stuff works more(?) but it is costly and do not know what it is.

What are the classification terms that are 'official' and can be trusted please? Who controls what the product is classified as and to what its strength is please?  We see % levels of THC along with the % of S&I content so why are there not some better indications for the components of various CBD oil products?  What is Government supplied Ganja oil btw?  Is it made from a particular species of plant or what?

Is there a place to locate producers/suppliers of CBD oil where the quality is assured and the prices fair and realistic please?  

Thanks very much for any comments.🙏🙂

• Thanks 1

Great question(s).  I bought some CBD gummies last year from an internet ad.  In the end, I look in the mirror and see one of the fools born in a minute.  It does help me to sleep, does 'some' good for my aching hip joints (both have been replaced and both ache), but within a week it seems the ache gets worse.  I think I should try purchasing some oil from a vender, but I don't live in town so it's very inconvenient.  I hope you get some good replies.

9 hours ago, notrub said:

I have used Thai Govt. DTAM Ganja Oil @ about 200b for 10mg and no name full spectrum CBD oil @ 600b for 10mg..  The ganja oil works a bit but is not strong.  I gave a friend 5 drops and her very serious menstrual cramps disappeared moments later(!) so it does work for some.  The full spectrum stuff works more(?) but it is costly and do not know what it is.

What are the classification terms that are 'official' and can be trusted please? Who controls what the product is classified as and to what its strength is please?  We see % levels of THC along with the % of S&I content so why are there not some better indications for the components of various CBD oil products?  What is Government supplied Ganja oil btw?  Is it made from a particular species of plant or what?

Is there a place to locate producers/suppliers of CBD oil where the quality is assured and the prices fair and realistic please?  

Thanks very much for any comments.🙏🙂

I make my own (very strong) cannabis infused oil. I consume just 5 drops. It takes about 35-40 minutes until I start to feel a good tingle from it and 60-80 minutes until I am feeling it full strength. After 2.5-3 hours it's over. 

5 drops and menstrual cramps disappear moments later is impossible. Anything ingested through the stomach takes time to first get digested and absorbed, then go into the bloodstream, and ultimately reach the pain centers in the brain. The time frame I provided above is a very realistic estimate since I'm using the full cannabis flower to make my oil, which has lots of both THC & CBD, and it provides a good psychoactive effect, which is then easy to measure in terms of how long the onset takes.

Anyway, I wouldn't trust any of the local CBD brands. I bought an expensive bottle of it once, used it a number of times, and never felt anything. For the same price you can make enough of your own high quality, full spectrum cannabis oil that can last you 6-12 months of daily use. So just make your own, then you know exactly what's in it. Fresh weed is now very inexpensive too.

33 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

5 drops and menstrual cramps disappear moments later is impossible. Anything ingested through the stomach takes time to first get digested and absorbed, then go into the bloodstream, and ultimately reach the pain centers in the brain. The time frame I provided above is a very realistic estimate since I'm using the full cannabis flower to make my oil, which has lots of both THC & CBD, and it provides a good psychoactive effect, which is then easy to measure in terms of how long the onset takes.

you should try nano emulsified edibles. reaction starts after about 5 minutes. 

to the op. 

you want to look for a high dose mg cbd oil product. something around 5cc and 250mg. you should look at something with a high cbd ratio and a low thc ratio as well. the cannabinoids work better together. there are some good companies doing work in thailand with cbd but a lot of snake oil salesmen too. 

my company makes cbd. from seed to final product. oil is made with full spectrum cbd and mct oil. thats it. 

message me if you want some help. more than happy to assist any way i can. 

19 minutes ago, stoner said:

Anything edible that you feel in 5 minutes? Sounds pretty optimistic. 

19 minutes ago, stoner said:

you want to look for a high dose mg cbd oil product. something around 5cc and 250mg.

5cc of oil is about 100 drops. If you took that much of my oil it would be like getting run over by a bus. I realize what I make has a lot of THC in it too, but 5cc of any infused oil sounds a bit like a megadose. I realize yours is measured to provide 250mg of CBD, but that still sounds quite strong. Most of the CBD oil products I’ve seen contain much, much lower doses.  

29 minutes ago, stoner said:

I should add, I actually like the 40-60 minute onset. I don’t always want to feel it come on so hard and fast. A slower creep can be nice. Can always smoke or vape it too if that’s what you really want. 

4 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Anything edible that you feel in 5 minutes? Sounds pretty optimistic. 

5cc of oil is about 100 drops. If you took that much of my oil it would be like getting run over by a bus. I realize what I make has a lot of THC in it too, but 5cc of any infused oil sounds a bit like a megadose. I realize yours is measured to provide 250mg of CBD, but that still sounds quite strong. Most of the CBD oil products I’ve seen contain much, much lower doses.  

the optimism is real. 

the 5cc bottle is intended for use over a period of time. usually with a drop or 2 the desired effects are reached. i could only get like 50 to 60 drops out of the 5cc bottle. 

so a drop was approx 5mg of cbd. 

because i don't have a lab yet i can only make educated guesses and approx levels. although with the cbd oil used i can get it quite accurate. not perfect but safe and effective. 

we also mix thc and cbd together for a 1 to 1  ratio. 250mg of each into 5cc.

2 hours ago, stoner said:

the optimism is real. 

the 5cc bottle is intended for use over a period of time. usually with a drop or 2 the desired effects are reached. i could only get like 50 to 60 drops out of the 5cc bottle. 

so a drop was approx 5mg of cbd. 

because i don't have a lab yet i can only make educated guesses and approx levels. although with the cbd oil used i can get it quite accurate. not perfect but safe and effective. 

we also mix thc and cbd together for a 1 to 1  ratio. 250mg of each into 5cc.

I've found most CBD oils in Thailand being sold in 20 ML or 30 ML bottles with about 30 mg per ML. That's what they claim anyway. But my experience has been that it's all useless. 

Regarding the number of drops, normally when I draw out a quarter ML of my oil it's equal to around five drops. So, I would say it is about 20 drops per ML. But you're saying it's about half that at about 10 drops only per ML of oil? When I put 5 drops on a teaspoon it looks like nothing. So I would think 1 ML would need to be more like 20 drops. 

Anyway, as long as somebody doesn't mind a full dose of THC with their CBD, and they know how to boil water and seal a mason jar, then I would still say make your own. Otherwise, if someone doesn't want to be bothered, then best to just buy it from someone like yourself who knows what he's doing and then your sure to get something good. 

10 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

I make my own (very strong) cannabis infused oil. I consume just 5 drops. It takes about 35-40 minutes until I start to feel a good tingle from it and 60-80 minutes until I am feeling it full strength. After 2.5-3 hours it's over. 

Anyway, I wouldn't trust any of the local CBD brands. I bought an expensive bottle of it once, used it a number of times, and never felt anything. For the same price you can make enough of your own high quality, full spectrum cannabis oil that can last you 6-12 months of daily use. So just make your own, then you know exactly what's in it. Fresh weed is now very inexpensive too.

Make my own. Lot of shops not baking to change from A THC to THC. 

24 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Make my own. Lot of shops not baking to change from A THC to THC. 

I don't bake to decarb. It dries it out too much and gives the oil a burned flavor. There are better ways. 

Thank you for all the comments but I am still a bit confused. CBD is different from THC but they bind to the same receptors. CBD oil can, apparently, be extracted from hemp plants and has near enough zero THC but this is not 100% clear to me.  

Many THC cannabis products are listed as 20-22%THC, 25% indica 75% sativa, for example.  Does this kind of information exist for CBD products?  What does 'full spectrum' or 'extra strength' mean?, for example. 

I don't understand why Thai CBD oil products would be untrustworthy.  There seems to be more than a few professional looking Thai producers of CBD oil (with zero THC) which is legal in many countries now. 

I take CBD oil sub lingual, under the tongue, by 5 drops onto a small spoon and inserting into the mouth under the tongue and let it be absorbed there, not in the stomach.  It is unclear to me what gummies are and how to judge their strength.  I do know what gummies are, it is how to understand the contents and strength etc. is what I am commenting about.

Here are the products that I have tried.  Ganja oil is Thai govt. issue @ 200b.  Buriram has established a number of cannabis clinics at selected hospitals and may offer more consultation that I have looked for.  Next visit I will ask about externally applied products for inflammation etc.. I cannot imagine applying an entire 200b bottle (let alone those much more costly) of ganja oil to my shoulder or knee.

A couple of members have commented on making their own THC and CBD oil which has left me with even more questions.  Whether CBD oil compliments THC effects is, apparently, controversial as both bind to the same receptors and I cannot pretend to understand the nuances at this stage of my learning curve.

I listen to a podcast 'Huberman's Lab' and he discusses cannabis and many other subject that influence us and our well being. (Andrew Huberman, Ph.D., is a neuroscientist and tenured professor in the Department of Neurobiology, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford School of Medicine.)

Thanks again for all your comments.  What a lot of information to try to untangle.🤯🙏

CBD oil 20240607_062150.jpg

12 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

Absorption of orally ingested substances begins in the mouth, particularly the underside of the tongue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drumbuie said:

Absorption of orally ingested substances begins in the mouth, particularly the underside of the tongue. 

I've put it under the tongue. Did nothing to reduce onset time. So now I just swallow it. 

1 hour ago, notrub said:

Thank you for all the comments but I am still a bit confused. CBD is different from THC but they bind to the same receptors. CBD oil can, apparently, be extracted from hemp plants and has near enough zero THC but this is not 100% clear to me.  

Many THC cannabis products are listed as 20-22%THC, 25% indica 75% sativa, for example.  Does this kind of information exist for CBD products?  What does 'full spectrum' or 'extra strength' mean?, for example. 

I don't understand why Thai CBD oil products would be untrustworthy.  There seems to be more than a few professional looking Thai producers of CBD oil (with zero THC) which is legal in many countries now. 

I take CBD oil sub lingual, under the tongue, by 5 drops onto a small spoon and inserting into the mouth under the tongue and let it be absorbed there, not in the stomach.  It is unclear to me what gummies are and how to judge their strength.  I do know what gummies are, it is how to understand the contents and strength etc. is what I am commenting about.

Here are the products that I have tried.  Ganja oil is Thai govt. issue @ 200b.  Buriram has established a number of cannabis clinics at selected hospitals and may offer more consultation that I have looked for.  Next visit I will ask about externally applied products for inflammation etc.. I cannot imagine applying an entire 200b bottle (let alone those much more costly) of ganja oil to my shoulder or knee.

A couple of members have commented on making their own THC and CBD oil which has left me with even more questions.  Whether CBD oil compliments THC effects is, apparently, controversial as both bind to the same receptors and I cannot pretend to understand the nuances at this stage of my learning curve.

I listen to a podcast 'Huberman's Lab' and he discusses cannabis and many other subject that influence us and our well being. (Andrew Huberman, Ph.D., is a neuroscientist and tenured professor in the Department of Neurobiology, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford School of Medicine.)

Thanks again for all your comments.  What a lot of information to try to untangle.🤯🙏

CBD oil 20240607_062150.jpg

is the product in those bottles very dark or black color ? or is it clear and a lighter color ? 

18 minutes ago, stoner said:

is the product in those bottles very dark or black color ? or is it clear and a lighter color ? 

The ganja oil is a gold colour and the full spectrum is very dark (brown?).  What does that mean?🙏🏼

59 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

I've put it under the tongue. Did nothing to reduce onset time. So now I just swallow it. 

My understanding is that sub lingual goes directly to the bloodstream via the zillions of capillaries there.  The stomach contains acids and other stuff that makes absorption different.  Not an expert, just a comment.🙏🏼

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, notrub said:

The ganja oil is a gold colour and the full spectrum is very dark (brown?).  What does that mean?🙏🏼

best guess is that the gold color one was made with cbd distillate or isolate. a pure form of cbd with little to no other impurities. mixed with something like mct oil. 

the full spectrum one would be done with an alcohol extract possibly. you will have more in there than just cbd. some fats waxes and lipids will still be there. along with any other cannabinoids that were in the plant. if the input material had any thc it will also be in there. 

@SamuiGrower should be able to give you some solid advice. 

14 minutes ago, notrub said:

My understanding is that sub lingual goes directly to the bloodstream via the zillions of capillaries there.  The stomach contains acids and other stuff that makes absorption different.  Not an expert, just a comment.🙏🏼

Heard the same. That's why I tried it. But in practice and in reality seem to be different for me. 

14 minutes ago, stoner said:

best guess is that the gold color one was made with cbd distillate or isolate. a pure form of cbd with little to no other impurities. mixed with something like mct oil. 

the full spectrum one would be done with an alcohol extract possibly. you will have more in there than just cbd. some fats waxes and lipids will still be there. along with any other cannabinoids that were in the plant. if the input material had any thc it will also be in there. 

@SamuiGrower should be able to give you some solid advice. 

I smelled one of those govt hospital oils once. Smelled like a mixture of coconut and brick weed. Oil was light brown in color if I recall correctly. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

I smelled one of those govt hospital oils once. Smelled like a mixture of coconut and brick weed. Oil was light brown in color if I recall correctly. 

correct on the brick weed. i know for a fact that certain companies here (the large ones who i cannot name) were using brick to make the oil. they were also claiming it was cbd or thc. it didn't matter at the time as the thai public was none the wiser.  

was also told certain stories (also saw first hand) about what the government themselves were doing. would rather not share it in public though. 

Edited by stoner

1 minute ago, stoner said:

correct on the brick weed. i know for a fact that certain companies here (the large ones who i cannot name) were using brick to make the oil. they were also claiming it was cbd or thc. it didn't matter at the time as the thai public was none the wiser.  

was also told certain stories (also saw first hand) about what the government themselves were doing. would rather not share it in public though. 

I too rather not elaborate on what I saw, but let's just say it didn't look like it was made with the best quality ingredients. I didn't try it myself, but my friend who was using it didn't sound very enthusiastic about it. 

13 hours ago, stoner said:

to the op. 

you want to look for a high dose mg cbd oil product. something around 5cc and 250mg. you should look at something with a high cbd ratio and a low thc ratio as well. the cannabinoids work better together. there are some good companies doing work in thailand with cbd but a lot of snake oil salesmen too. 

my company makes cbd. from seed to final product. oil is made with full spectrum cbd and mct oil. thats it. 

message me if you want some help. more than happy to assist any way i can. 

can you provdie me details also

Several of you have mentioned making your own oil, extraction or ? with good success.  I mistakenly bought 100g of weed, not brick, that I do not want to smoke.  I was thinking of baking with it (?) but have no experience with that. Could someone provide a link describing how to extract oil from this weed please? 

Thank you.🙏🏼😊

3 hours ago, notrub said:

Several of you have mentioned making your own oil, extraction or ? with good success.  I mistakenly bought 100g of weed, not brick, that I do not want to smoke.  I was thinking of baking with it (?) but have no experience with that. Could someone provide a link describing how to extract oil from this weed please? 

Thank you.🙏🏼😊

You will need to decarb the weed first. A good method on the link below where the cannabis doesn't get too dried out or burnt as it might do when using an oven to decarb. 

Can also use a regular boiling pot if you don't have an instant pot. Just monitor the water temperature at all times with a cooking thermometer:

https://emilykylenutrition.com/decarb-in-instant-pot/

Then here is how to infuse the oil after you decarb the cannabis:

https://emilykylenutrition.com/cannabis-infused-mct-oil/

Use about 40-50 grams of weed with about 200-250 ML of oil. 

Grind the weed lightly first with a food processor. Don't powderize it. Just break it down to very small pieces. 

Always monitor your water temperature while infusing and keep the water level in the pot at about half way up the side of the mason jar. More water will need to be added to the pot around every 35-45 minutes.

If the water gets too hot it can ruin the flavor of the cannabis and the oil might taste burnt. My oil has a nice pine flavor since I kept the temperature well regulated. 

Also, put a piece of cotton fabric inside the pot underneath the jar to prevent the jar cracking from direct heat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Also, put a piece of cotton fabric inside the pot underneath the jar to prevent the jar cracking from direct heat.

Years of doing lots of different products. Such a great addition. Thanks. Never though of this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Also, MCT oil, mason jars, strainers, cheap food processors, pots, cooking thermometers, and glass dropper bottles are all available inexpensively on Lazada.

You can also use plastic eye dropper bottles to store your oil in. Also available on Lazada. With a glass dropper bottle you can take out a measured amount of oil each time (like 1/4 cc). But with plastic eye dropper bottles you can do it by drops. Just depends on what you prefer. The glass bottles are probably better though for long term storage. 

Edited by ChumpChange
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

Years of doing lots of different products. Such a great addition. Thanks. Never though of this.

Your welcome. A sliver of an old, nicely-worn cotton t-shirt, then folded over a couple of times under the jar works perfect. Prevents that direct heat between the metal and glass.

Only problem is can make the jar a bit wobbly though and the boiling bubbles might cause the jar to tip over. So I also put a small 500 gram metal weight on top of the jar too to keep it sturdy. 

7 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Also, mason jars, strainers, cheap food processors, pots, cooking thermometers, and glass dropper bottles are all available inexpensively on Lazada.

You can also use plastic eye dropper bottles to store your oil in. Also available on Lazada. With a glass dropper bottle you can take out a measured amount of oil. But with plastic eye dropper bottles you can do it by drops. Depends on what you prefer. 

you can also get syringes on lazada. 1ml etc. great way for exact dose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

you can also get syringes on lazada. 1ml etc. great way for exact dose. 

That's good too. I use the glass dropper bottles on the following link. I like these particular ones because the glass dropper inside the cap is also marked with measurements on the dropper. The 10 ML bottles for 29 Baht work great:

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ocXAk

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1