Khao San Road in a Frenzy as Authorities Crack Down on Laughing Gas

webfact

I wonder how are they 'arresting' people for selling what's currently a legal substance

I mean, if they want pretense, I'd say have a do it yourself cake icing on the table that requires whipped cream and the required bottle and gas

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

This strategy to employ foreign labourers insinuates a deliberate effort by vendors to sidestep legal consequences. The proprietors claim no involvement in the illegal practices, striving to evade legal repercussions. However, authorities are adamant that the businesses remain accountable for any illicit activities occurring on their premises

So close the establishment down and put a padlock on the doors for all to see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, digbeth said:

no it's not

go to any supermarket and you can buy whip cream chargers and the whip cream canisters

popular with kids in international schools 

The Medicine Act of 1967 makes it illegal. It is a controlled substance and you need a permit. I expect the whipped cream canisters are one of those Thai anomalies where food equipment gets a pass, a bit like buying food grade 100% ethanol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crime of the century.  Nitrous oxide.

:angry: Laughing gas make you feel good.  Thai government no allow commoners to feel good.  Only drink alcohol sold by Thai monopolies or smoke cigarettes sold by Thai monopolies.  Use laughing gas we throw you in prison for feeling too good. 

Criminy.  🙄

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Purdey said:

They still have that deadly poison called alcohol I guess.

:angry: "Alcohol sold by Thai monopoly good for you.  Feel good with laughing gas and go to prison.  You warned commoners."

• Haha 1

as soon as it reappears - let's report it to the police station and take photos for the bangkok post.Any inaction by the police would suggest that they are on the payroll.And therefore shouldl face dismissal. That is about the only way to handle it...we need to demand better policing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the headline!

I have a mental image of hundreds of people in a "frenzy" in Khao San Road and "laughing their heads off" having partaken of the "laughing gas"!

• Agree 1