UN Security Council Approves US-Led Ceasefire Plan for Israel-Gaza Conflict

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yeah we know, cos we get told the same old garbage day, after day. after day, the fact that the clock started ticking donkey's years before the 7th is not important to you but go ask the Palestinians that have lived with Israel's nonsense since for 70 odd years.

The war began after Hamas attacked Israel on 7 October, killing about 1,200 people and taking 251 others back to Gaza as hostages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Of course it did, if it gets said enough people will maybe eventually agree, for me hell will freeze over first.

You will not accept responsibility  for starting the war , you are just looking far an angle to blame Israel .

Kike, the hostages were not freed, but the captives wre no longer being held .

Soon it will be that Israel raided Gaza (last week) and took four hostages  back to Israel committing genocide and war crimes and apartheid .

Israel : Free the Israeli hostage  Noa and and let her go back to Gaza and Hamas where she belongs 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You will not accept responsibility  for starting the war , you are just looking far an angle to blame Israel .

Kike, the hostages were not freed, but the captives wre no longer being held .

Soon it will be that Israel raided Gaza (last week) and took four hostages  back to Israel committing genocide and war crimes and apartheid .

Israel : Free the Israeli hostage  Noa and and let her go back to Gaza and Hamas where she belongs 

Good story

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Presto said:

The solution would be for Israel to go back to the pre-67 borders, and abandon all illegal settlements on the West Bank. But that will never happen.

Saying that it will never happen means that it is not a realistic approach.  I think if Israel pulled out of the West Bank, it would eventually become another Gaza.  However, Israel needs to remove all of its settlements from the West Bank.  What some, including myself, would like to see is Jerusalem become an international city where Muslims, Christians and Jews could safely visit.

In another post you mentioned morality.  Morality applies to both sides in this conflict.  What is so moral about the Hamas constitution calling for the destruction of Israel?

Since all of this didn't happen overnight, it is naive for anyone to think the situation will be resolved overnight. The major problem I see is how enforcement will be accomplished for any violation of a cease fire agreement. 

Edited by Hawaiian
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Of course it did, if it gets said enough people will maybe eventually agree, for me hell will freeze over first.

No problem. I only stick with facts.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Any one can see Israel are in the wrong by looking at the news and all the protests against Israel that they are in the wrong. How many protests are  happening in Uni campuses in US, UK etc against Palestinian actions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The mess as you put it was the war started by Hamas on Oct 7th and the continuing holding of innocent hostages.

For an actual account of where, when, and how this war started, see this forum: https://aseannow.com/topic/1324728-why-did-hamas-attack-israel-on-oct-7th-2023-a-historical-perspective/

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

For an actual account of where, when, and how this war started, see this forum: https://aseannow.com/topic/1324728-why-did-hamas-attack-israel-on-oct-7th-2023-a-historical-perspective/

Israel-Hamas War, war between Israel and Palestinian militants, especially Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), that began on October 7, 2023, when Hamas launched a land, sea, and air assault on Israel from the Gaza Strip. The October 7 attack resulted in more than 1,200 deaths, primarily Israeli citizens, making it the deadliest day for Israel since its independence.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Israel-Hamas-War

Feel free to dispute in the topic you pointed out.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Any one can see Israel are in the wrong by looking at the news and all the protests against Israel that they are in the wrong. How many protests are  happening in Uni campuses in US, UK etc against Palestinian actions?

Really ?

What is the percentage of the population who are protesting ? 

The U.K has a population of 70  million , 100 000 are at a protest .

Can any maths teachers say what that percentage is ?

9 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

.  What some, including myself, would like to see is Jerusalem become an international city where Muslims, Christians and Jews could safely visit.

Jerusalem is free to visit for all , anyone can go there .

The only danger comes from being attacked by Palestinians .

Islam is the only Religion that only allows Muslims into its Holy cities, i.e Mecca and Medina 

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Really ?

What is the percentage of the population who are protesting ? 

The U.K has a population of 70  million , 100 000 are at a protest .

Can any maths teachers say what that percentage is ?

I'm not a "maths" teacher, but that is about .0014%.

That doesn't mean that there is only that percentage of people in the UK who oppose Israel's current attempted genocide of Palestinians.

• Haha 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

That doesn't mean that there is only that percentage of people in the UK who oppose Israel's current attempted genocide of Palestinians.

One mans hostage freer is another mans genocide attempter .

"Freeing hostages is genocide"

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

One mans hostage freer is another mans genocide attempter .

"Freeing hostages is genocide"

That quote depends entirely on the tactics used. For example, here could be another quote:
"Freeing hostages is ceasing genocide."

16 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I was a maths teacher and that should be 0.14%

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That quote depends entirely on the tactics used. For example, here could be another quote:
"Freeing hostages is ceasing genocide."

But the reality is that this is a war between  Hamas and the IDF and there isn't a genocide occurring ,

People just use those buzz words like apartheid, genocide, war crimes for dramatic effect  and they dont really know what they are talking about 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I was a maths teacher and that should be 0.14%

You're right! It's .0014 or .14%. Thanks for the correction!

19 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you know what percentage of Germans supported the Nazis in the 1930's ?

League of German Girls members wave Nazi flags in Vienna | Holocaust  Encyclopedia

A quick Bing on the Internet says about 44%, but it doesn't say how many of them participated in demonstrations. 

Edited by Social Media
Trolling comment removed

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

A quick Bing on the Internet says about 44%, but it doesn't say how many of them participated in demonstrations. And, we have some time yet to go until the full horror of the Zionists is made apparent to everyone.

Do you think that Jews should be able to live in their own Country in Israel (regardless of actual borders) ?

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you think that Jews should be able to live in their own Country in Israel (regardless of actual borders) ?

Finally, a good question! My simple answer is "yes," but below is a more complex explanation of that "yes."

I think the Jews should be able to live in their own country, Israel, and I also think the Palestinians should be able to live in their own country, Palestine. The problem is, where would the actual borders of those two states be? It is my belief that the current (and historical) conflict between the Jews and Palestinians has been over just that question - where should those borders be? 

That's why I recommend that in addition to any agreements regarding the hostages, prisoners, ceasefires, withdrawals, etc., there should be a mandatory negotiation on borders. If this does not happen, this conflict will just continue on and on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Jerusalem is free to visit for all , anyone can go there .

The only danger comes from being attacked by Palestinians .

Islam is the only Religion that only allows Muslims into its Holy cities, i.e Mecca and Medina 

I wouldn't call it free if the price is the danger of being attacked by Palestinians.

Off topic bickering and baiting posts also replies removed, topic is about:

UN Security Council Approves US-Led Ceasefire Plan for Israel-Gaza Conflict

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How would you define 'their own country'?

Thousands and thousands of Jews have emigrated from their own country to Israel, because they could.

For instance one of the recently rescued hostages has a dual Russian and Israeli nationality, and had arrived in Israel (reportedly) a year and a half ago.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Presto said:

Thousands and thousands of Jews have emigrated from their own country to Israel, because they could.

For instance one of the recently rescued hostages has a dual Russian and Israeli nationality, and had arrived in Israel (reportedly) a year and a half ago.

Israel as an independent nation can decide and control its own immigration policy .

What makes you think that non Israel's should decide Israel's immigration policy ?

Would you be telling Brazil who should be allowed to enter Brazil?

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel as an independent nation can decide and control its own immigration policy .

What makes you think that non Israel's should decide Israel's immigration policy ?

Would you be telling Brazil who should be allowed to enter Brazil?

You completely miss my point. 

How would you define 'their own country'? Of Jews I assume.

Jews from all over the world, with different nationalities and for different reasons, emigrate from their own country to Israel. Tens of thousands each year.

What is their own country? They definitely have a new country, and as far as I'm concerned within the 67 borders. You have to draw a line somewhere.

But that's of course not how it works. With increasing population, Israel needs land. Legal.ir illegal.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Presto said:

It is discriminatory, non Jews can’t do get Israeli citizenship as easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1