Woman found dead in sauna at popular fitness center, body exposed to heat for 4-5 hours

webfact

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Waiting for the temporary ban on saunas and a flurry of new regulations.

Yeah, mandatory sauna license. No temperature over 80 degrees. Brown envelopes for no raids. Protection money! Extra added fee from PEA. ASO

8 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

One strategically placed CCTV camera could monitor the sauna for both illness and people giving others unwanted attention. Most gyms already do this in other areas.

Have to wait for someone to care for their customers in Thailand.

What if you want to have a sex in there? I wouldn't feel comfortable if there was a camera watching me.

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You are right, it´s not a hassle, but I don´t know. Do they in other countries? I have been taking saunas in Sweden, England, Germany and Spain. Never had anyone come check.

Yeah but that was before "the new normal".

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What safety protocols do we need extra in Thailand for using a sauna. Silly talking again. This is an accident that could have happened to a person anywhere in the world. They can´t go around and check if someone collapse in different places. However, RIP to the woman, and let´s hope there is not anything more to it.

She may have passed out for unrelated reasons and then died of the heat. She may have fallen asleep, but that's unlikely since the pain of the burns would likely have woken her. It may have been heat exhaustion, which would not have been anyone's fault. She may have lost track of the time. Nobody here is a doctor or pathologist, so none of the opinions about this have any merit, other than speculation.

She may have passed out for unrelated reasons and then died of the heat. She may have fallen asleep, but that's unlikely since the pain of the burns would likely have woken her. It may have been heat exhaustion, which would not have been anyone's fault. She may have lost track of the time. Nobody here is a doctor or pathologist, so none of the opinions about this have any merit, other than speculation. Having said that, cameras might be a good idea. 

12 hours ago, RT555 said:

I had a sauna in my house in Seattle and there was a timer on the outside. Up to 30 min If I remember right.

I'm building a new house in Edmonton and my sauna has a timer on it, seems like a no brainer to me

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Purdey said:

Waiting for the temporary ban on saunas and a flurry of new regulations.

Followed by sauna crackdowns for 2 weeks and then a complete relaxation of the rules. Once the media has shifted to something else then it goes back to normal.

Edited by FarangFB
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 4:29 PM, realfunster said:

Well quite, it’s health and safety gone mad !

Just think if they had a standard policy (employed by many venues in more safety conscious jurisdictions) that a member of staff quickly checked the sauna every 30 minutes, then the woman might have survived. Hardly a major hassle for staff to do that is it ?

QUITE right