Closure of Thai Car Plants Sparks Investor Concerns

webfact

42 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

For me , that is a wrong move , as it will delay the transition from fossil fuels to renewable power ...

Cheap electric cars ... why not ? If they are well made ...

A car is just a means of transportation , should not be a  symbol of the owners " status " .

They can make good cars in China , and they are learning fast .

You are @nobodysfriend nevertheless one has to agree.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

BYD is building a huge factory in Rayong.

Factory workers in Thai factories get many perks. I wonder if that will continue in Chinese factories.

they will get what is due to them according to Thai labour laws.

anything above that will be down to the unions to negotiate !!

• Haha 1

Just now, Ralf001 said:

they will get what is due to them according to Thai labour laws.

anything above that will be down to the unions to negotiate !!

yea... the problem is soon it will be Cambodians assembling the cars. Thais will not work for stupid salaries. They have been very spoiled by Japanese especially regarding year end bonuses which often reach 6 month salary.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Celsius said:

yea... the problem is soon it will be Cambodians assembling the cars. Thais will not work for stupid salaries. They have been very spoiled by Japanese especially regarding year end bonuses which often reach 6 month salary.

Sounds like a them problem... spoilt brats comes to mind.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand will become Chinas sub-contractor and a backpacker destination.. it doesn't have much else going for it.

Those with any chance are leaving Thailand for employment overseas, the remaining youngsters stuck here are either in the tourist supply chain or sex trade, or drugs 

All other employment areas are filled with migrant labour.

I work in one of the Amata industrial estates.

10'000's of thousands of Thai's working here.

there is defo migrant labour too... but it is easy to distinguish them from Thai's.

Edited by Ralf001

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

China is mass producing and selling CHEAP EVs now . Other countries can't compete to those low prices .

In Europe and the US , the will simply and considerably raise taxes on imported chines EVs .

For me , that is a wrong move , as it will delay the transition from fossil fuels to renewable power ...

A car is just a means of transportation , should not be a  symbol of the owners " status " .

There are many questions to china's EV cars reliability. It may become a brick. Also how do you may imagine off road travelling on an EV car? May be travel only to a charger.

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

China is mass producing and selling CHEAP EVs now . Other countries can't compete to those low prices .

In Europe and the US , the will simply and considerably raise taxes on imported chines EVs .

It really amazes me the blind ignorance of some people. The blind support for electric cars. Just ignore that they are far worse for the planet and the poorest people, children included, who are held at gun point digging in poisonous mud for the chemicals needed. The scares on the earth extracting hundreds of thousands of tonnes for each battery. Hypocrisy is strong here. Years ago people went on about blood diamonds well these vehicles are "Blood Cars"! When you witness an ev fire you would never set foot in an ev.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The FTI warns that these closures could erode investor confidence, casting a shadow over the country's future in car manufacturing.

I'd say they are right to be concerned. Other nearby countries seem to be more attractive to investors nowadays.