Reform UK Overtakes Tories in Polls for the First Time

Social Media

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The plan was already announced, flights were supposed to be leaving, immigrants were being rounded up.

Zero impact 

Exactly my point. The plan is not in full swing. Planes have been blocked from taking off.

You can't prove that the plan has had zero impact as it's not completed yet, due to opposition from various sources.

That's for agreeing.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:50 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s an ‘outlier’ result following the introduction by YouGov of a new methodology.

The polling averages and polling trends are a better indicator and at this stage MRP polls are probably the most reliable.

I don’t think it’s anywhere near indicative of actual voting intention, but if it further panics the Tories it’ll do for now.

It's amazing how many working class Brits actually believe that Labour with a multimillionaire "Sir" is actually going to do anything for the working class. Every labour PM since Harold Wilson has betrayed the British working class big time.

Why do you think that from the time since Wilson was PM right up until now, it has been the Tories who have been in control of the country the majority of that time?

The vast majority of the British people are working class, so surely the Tories should never have been in power since Wilsons time.

It just goes to prove that all these Labour PM's since then have badly let the electorate down. So why can't the working class people not see this.

Do they really think this "Sir" is going to be any better?

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 10:25 AM, simple1 said:

Nationalism and associated divisive politics has never had a happy ending. Farage is yet another revolting sycophant of trump. This is the eight time Farage has tried to get elected as an MP - I sincerely wish he fails again.

So you would rather have this "Sir" as PM again?

5 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

It's amazing how many working class Brits actually believe that Labour with a multimillionaire "Sir" is actually going to do anything for the working class. Every labour PM since Harold Wilson has betrayed the British working class big time.

Why do you think that from the time since Wilson was PM right up until now, it has been the Tories who have been in control of the country the majority of that time?

The vast majority of the British people are working class, so surely the Tories should never have been in power since Wilsons time.

It just goes to prove that all these Labour PM's since then have badly let the electorate down. So why can't the working class people not see this.

Do they really think this "Sir" is going to be any better?

There’s that spite and envy thing again.

Sir Kier Starmer earned his title in public service, earned his money himself.

Rishi Patel, richer than the King, made his money as a hedge fund manager betting against Britain. 

Farage, yet another hedgefund manager.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:38 PM, JonnyF said:

Nice one Nige.

About the only politician in Britain who can read the room.

The left are bricking it. 

I do wonder if this guy might end up winning it all? I don't know much about the nuances of British politics, but I see a lot of postings on it on Twitter. The Conservatives look like they've already given up. The Labor people look like they are in an absolute panic. Got the media, whose Twitter/X accounts I see, desperately trying to destroy him.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I do wonder if this guy might end up winning it all? I don't know much about the nuances of British politics, but I see a lot of postings on it on Twitter. The Conservatives look like they've already given up. The Labor people look like they are in an absolute panic. Got the media, whose Twitter/X accounts I see, desperately trying to destroy him.

Yep, online misinformation campaigns.

They’re a thing.

4 minutes ago, superal said:

Facts are facts and being deniable is the ostrich behavior . I will repeat an earlier statement . Most Western countries electorates have moved to the right of politics in order to control immigration . Immigration is number 1 on the agenda for voters , not only in Europe but also in the U.S.A. , Australia , and Canada etc .

I agree with you. Facts are facts.

The point is, much of what you wrote is not fact.

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s that spite and envy thing again.

Sir Kier Starmer earned his title in public service, earned his money himself.

Rishi Patel, richer than the King, made his money as a hedge fund manager betting against Britain. 

Farage, yet another hedgefund manager.

All worked for a living, then. Good on them.

Don't mention Saville. Shh. Shh.

https://moneyweek.com/economy/uk-economy/605472/is-rishi-richer-than-the-king-how-much-is-rishi-sunak-worth#:~:text=So%2C while Rishi Sunak and,with that kind of wealth.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Pedantry!

People who don't vote, don't count.

Same for the upcoming election; when Labour are announced as winners their percentage vote will be recorded as a percentage of total votes cast - not including eligible voters who couldn't be 4rsed to exercise their democratic gift.

Pointing out a fact is not pedantry if it’s true & I’m not arguing against the result as the only numbers that matter are the number of people who voted for/against it. 

Leave won, end of story but that doesn’t mean you can claim the majority of the British Public voted for it. 

People are getting tired of "two party duopolies" where you can't tell the difference between the two major parties.

Time to do the same in the US.  Vote for anyone but Biden or Trump.

Taylor Swift for President! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

If you see my post, I wrote it in the present tense.

So, no, nothing has changed. 

Unless you can show how many undocumented illegal immigrants have been sent to Rwanda or other safe countries 

Since that bill was passed last July it also applies to the present.

2 hours ago, superal said:
How bad is illegal immigration in the UK?

Even the most basic calculations put the economic burden on the British taxpayer of an illegal migration population of 1.2 million at £14.4 billion. That is just shy of 10% of NHS England's budget for this year.7 May 2024  

In 2022 over 45,000 illegal immigrants crossed the channel in small boats, followed by some 30,000 in 2023. Most were allowed in with no criminal checks. Over 17,000 have gone missing. 

17 Feb 2024  The government is considering plans to allow dentists from abroad to work without taking an exam to check their education and skills. This lack vetting also applies to other industries when false diplomas / qualifications are shown .

What percentage of UK crime is committed by immigrants?
The statistics show that the asylum-group is highly over
presented for some types of crime. They account for 
14.3 percent of all suspects in crimes against life (which include murder, manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter), 12.2 percent of sexual offences, 11.4 percent of thefts and 9.7 percent of body injuries.

All the above stats are easy to find using Google .

Diversity Equity Inclusion!

“Diversity, equity and inclusion are three different but interconnected concepts. They work together to create an environment of respect and fairness. It involves initiatives promoting the equal access, opportunity, employment and sense of belonging of underrepresented people in the workplace”.

It use to be you had to have met merit base requirements !But progressive minded  officials have lowered the standards!

https://www.techtarget.com/searchhrsoftware/definition/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-DEI

Edited by riclag

33 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, you can't show proof.

Thanks for agreeing with my point.

Nonsense. Not only did I provide a rebuttal, but youlre the party who made the original claim. Here's your claim again:

image.png.90e00e36ccaf7f24806d511ecb2b3e9c.png

And here is a basic rule of this forum:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

In other words: put up or...

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Farage has tons of charisma and tells it like it is.

Sunak is clueless and Sir Keir is quite clearly the product of a tool maker. Both are devoid of personality and principles. 

The fact that the MSM are excluding Farage from debates shows they are worried.  

Farage is a self serving dick who'd say anything if it would help line his pockets. Having said that, he'd whup Starmer and Sunak in a debate. I agree with many of the items in the Reform manifesto, just wish the party wasn't associated with this bell-end. 

Edited by GarryP
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Nonsense. Not only did I provide a rebuttal, but youlre the party who made the original claim. Here's your claim again:

image.png.90e00e36ccaf7f24806d511ecb2b3e9c.png

And here is a basic rule of this forum:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

In other words: put up or...

No need. Chomper has already mentioned, on numerous occasions, that no one has been sent to Rwanda.

However, it's also been posted on here, many times, that illegal immigrants have been returned to their home countries.

Your comment agreed with that, up to present time.

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Pointing out a fact is not pedantry if it’s true & I’m not arguing against the result as the only numbers that matter are the number of people who voted for/against it. 

Leave won, end of story but that doesn’t mean you can claim the majority of the British Public voted for it. 

I can claim that "yes" won the majority of the votes.

That is all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

So you would rather have this "Sir" as PM again?

Conservatives have stuffed up for the past decade or so. If Labour get into power one hopes they have learnt some lessons; have to wait and see if they can make overall improvements. Whoever gets info power they're going to face some very tough challenges. IMO Farage definitely is not the man...

Edited by simple1

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Conservatives have stuffed up for the past decade or so. If Labour get into power one hopes they have learnt some lessons; have to wait and see if they can make overall improvements. Whoever gets info power they're going to face some very tough challenges. IMO Farage definitely is not the man...

"Conservatives have stuffed up for the past decade or so." True, and Labour have stuffed up since the sixties and seventies when Wilson was PM and they will stuff up again with this Tory in disguise "Sir" in charge.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It may have skipped your mind, but Nigel Farage was never the PM, he never had ANY political power and ALL of the subsequent Brexit negotiations were done by the party in power, the Tory party. So if they got it wrong, and IMHO they did, how can it be the fault of Nigel Farage as he was not involved in the negotiations at all.

The majority of the British people, and I was one of them, voted for Brexit. The losers and the whiners have NEVER stopped whining over the last 8 years, because they cannot accept that they lost.

I was living in Belgium at the time of the Brexit referendum. I was denied a vote about something that had a profound effect on my life, whereas (some of) those living in Thailand had a voice about something which, at best, had a superficial effect upon them. I am - and will remain (pun intended) - bitter about that fact and will - almost certainly - continue to whine about it: I make no apologies for doing so.

The vast majority of Brits - Brexiter or Remainer  - do not believe that Brexit has, to date, delivered the promised benefits. There are four possible reasons for this: 1) These benefits do not exist and people were sold a pup 2) The benefits are slow to emerge but will be seen given time 3) There are benefits but the UK negotiated the wrong deal 4) It's the right deal and the benefits should now be visible, but things have been badly implemented.

I am firmly in the first camp for reasons which I have outlined on many occasions.

Wrt 2), it is, of course, possible that the benefits will emerge in time. However, imo hanging on to this hope requires 'blind faith'. There is little evidence to support this contention. 

Was it the wrong deal? Imo almost certainly. However, the only better deal would have involved remaining in the Single Market and/or Customs Union. A watered-down Brexit deal would not have satisfied the ERG or Farage and would been seen as 'selling out'. These groups would have supported a harder 'no deal', but that would have been inflationary and led to the UK being even more isolated than it is currently. Why such a scenario would be considered beneficial is beyond me.

So, we left with the idea that the current deal is, in fact, a good deal which has been badly implemented. This is a position taken by many Brexiters which begs the simple question, 'What should/ can the UK have done differently?' I have posed this question many times but have not, as yet, received an answer.

• Like 2