Fani Willis Slams critics "idiots"

Social Media

image.png.670114f24e1a7cc2b54442162ea9994b.png

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has openly criticized her detractors, labeling them as "idiots" in a recent speech amidst ongoing scrutiny of her role in the high-profile case against former President Donald Trump and 18 others. This case revolves around allegations of attempting to overturn Trump's 2020 election loss in Georgia, a state he lost by approximately 12,000 votes.

Willis's leadership in this case came under fire following revelations of her personal relationship with Nathan Wade, a special prosecutor she hired for this matter. Allegations surfaced that both Willis and Wade had financially benefited from taxpayers' money due to this relationship. Although they admitted to having a relationship, they denied any conflict of interest. Judge Scott McAfee, who is overseeing the case, allowed Willis to continue as long as Wade resigned, which he did promptly. Despite this, Willis continues to face significant pressure and scrutiny from various critics. 

In recent developments, the Georgia Court of Appeals agreed to hear Trump's appeal regarding Willis's disqualification, leading to a delay in the trial. Addressing a congregation at a church in Marietta, Georgia, Willis expressed her frustration with the ongoing attacks against her. "What can I say?" she remarked. "I live the experience of a Black woman who is attacked and oversexualized. See, I'm so tired of hearing these idiots call my name as 'Fani' in a way to attempt to humiliate me because, like silly school boys, the name reminds them of a woman's rear, of her behind."

Willis's remarks were made in the context of increasing mockery and derogatory comments from high-profile figures. Notably, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani referred to Willis as a "ho," a derogatory slang term, during an event in Michigan. Giuliani also ridiculed the pronunciation of her name. Similarly, Trump legal spokesperson Alina Habba mocked Willis on Newsmax, stating, "She's fallen on her fanny since the very beginning," criticizing her handling of the case as a disaster. Trump himself made disparaging remarks about Willis during a rally in Ohio, making a crude joke about her name.

In her speech, Willis urged her supporters not to be distracted by the insults directed at her. "What I'm here to tell you is to not concern yourself with insults of me. I promise you, I don't concern myself with them," she said. "I am too busy working 15-hour days trying to use every talent God gave me to fulfill my God-given purpose," she added.

Willis's determination to continue her work despite the backlash reflects her commitment to the case and her role as a public servant, aiming to uphold justice in the face of personal and professional attacks.

Credit: Newsweek 2024-06-15

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jhawks09 said:

Maybe your Dad should have spelled your name Jairy Mahoknee. Different spelling for different preferences/pronunciation. Maybe simple respect for a person's preferred pronunciation would be the adult response instead of troll's and insults like in the OP and in comments. Not very clever...

There is no way the average person can look at the name and know it's supposed to be pronounced  Fah-nee.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Why do all the Democrat Prosecutors have so much baggage of their own?  Can't the Democrats at least find a clean DAs and GAs to go after Trump?

It's a fair point.  They probably cannot find any good prosecutors without a 'history'.  Although, across the world as I know it, the standard of public servant tends to be lower than in years gone by.  Very much including Republicans.

It could be as no high quality person wants to put themselves through the media wringer to serve the public, when they all know they did something that's somewhere on social media that could come back to bite, whereas someone who grew up before social media did nothing wrong of course.  Ahem.  

Those in public life either really didn't do anything, or they don't care and hope it doesn't come out before they make their bung.

6 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I've heard this woman described as a nightmare personified. Not knowing her I was unable to either agree or disagree...

... but I'll say it anyway ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course she has her detractors,

Including Judge Robert McBurney when he admonished Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis in 2022 for hosting a fundraiser for a political opponent of Lt. Gov. Burt Jones, when McBurney declared it a “what-were-you-thinking moment.”

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Including Judge Robert McBurney when he admonished Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis in 2022 for hosting a fundraiser for a political opponent of Lt. Gov. Burt Jones, when McBurney declared it a “what-were-you-thinking moment.”

But dwell under the bar for recusal.

16 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Kinda like the song "A boy named Sue". If her father wanted her name to be pronounced as  Fah-Nee, maybe he should've named her Fahnee.

Definitely this justifies the crude comments from Giuliani, Trump, et alii.

Awful woman. 

Great to see her lack of morality exposed for the world to see. She's like the village bike. Should know better at her age. 

DEI is the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, riclag said:

Mama don’t let your babies grow up tobe cowboys.

Her dad was a radical black panther member & lawyer, as a child she attended many of his meetings and court appearances !

The Apple didn’t fall far from the tree!

methinks

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/commentary/connecting-the-dots-between-fani-willis-and-unrepentant-communists

Methinks, using your term, is that you have very little idea what you are talking about.

As usual on this forum, many posters don't have anything to contribute in a positive way, so they simply invent their own versions of the truth, and if it insults people they simply don't care.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I've heard this woman described as a nightmare personified. Not knowing her I was unable to either agree or disagree...

Her recent testimony showed her to be entitled, arrogant, aggressive, rude and dishonest.

She's a DEI hire with the morals of a strung out street hustler. 

Karma is coming to Fanny. When? My guess not long after November. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Her recent testimony showed her to be entitled, arrogant, aggressive, rude and dishonest.

She's a DEI hire with the morals of a strung out street hustler. 

Karma is coming to Fanny. When? My guess not long after November. 

She’s the idiot ! She hired a prosecutor and decided that they would wine & dine each other with the unaccounted for funds , while having a judicial and  romantic interaction !

Its like the movie goodfellas , they go rob the airport of millions and start spending money instantly. Street smarts!

https://nypost.com/2024/03/10/us-news/fani-willis-legal-drama-explained-will-she-be-booted-from-trump-case/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But dwell under the bar for recusal.

She was recused as far as Jones is concerned:

Judge blocks Georgia DA from developing case against Republican state senator in Trump investigation

Mon July 25, 2022  --  In his ruling, Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney said Willis’ office may “ask witnesses about the Senator’s role in the various efforts the State Republican party undertook to call into question the legitimacy of the results of the election. What her office may not do is make sure of any such evidence to develop a case against the Senator (Burt Jones).”

Last week, McBurney criticized Willis during a hearing for hosting the fundraiser for the Democratic candidate. “It’s a ‘What are you thinking’ moment,” he said at the time. “The optics are horrific.” The Prosecuting Attorney’s Council of Georgia can select a replacement district attorney’s office that can question Jones, according to Georgia law.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/25/politics/georgia-willis-jones-grand-jury/index.html

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Definitely this justifies the crude comments from Giuliani, Trump, et alii.

Per Wikipedia: Fani Taifa Willis (née Floyd; /fɑːniː/, FAH-nee;

Crude comments are not, or ever, justified but it's a weird spelling for someone who is sensitive over how her name is pronounced.

Edited by jerrymahoney

On 6/15/2024 at 3:34 AM, Social Media said:

Willis's remarks were made in the context of increasing mockery and derogatory comments from high-profile figures. Notably, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani referred to Willis as a "ho," a derogatory slang term, during an event in Michigan. Giuliani also ridiculed the pronunciation of her name

You would think Giuiliani would have noted the 2007 Don Imus 'ho' eruption:

In a 2018 interview before he retired, Don Imus said he regretted calling the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy headed hos."

NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ   Mon, Dec 30, 2019  — Famed radio host Don Imus, who died this past Friday at the age of 79, had few regrets in his illustrious 50-year career. Except for that "Rutgers thing."

Right before he was about to retire in March of 2018, Imus gave this interview to CBS' Anthony Mason, where he spoke about his work on the airways as a professional flame-thrower and agent provocateur. Imus told Mason he'd been fired four times in his career, the most recent being in 2007, when he infamously called the members of the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy headed hos."

He was fired over the comments, and his career never fully recovered.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/rutgers-thing-one-imus-few-regrets-he-told-interviewer

Edited by jerrymahoney

I didn't follow the OJ trial, but I recall it being mentioned that two of the prosecutors were keeping company.  They managed to hush that right quick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riclag said:

She’s the idiot ! She hired a prosecutor and decided that they would wine & dine each other with the unaccounted for funds , while having a judicial and  romantic interaction !

Its like the movie goodfellas , they go rob the airport of millions and start spending money instantly. Street smarts!

https://nypost.com/2024/03/10/us-news/fani-willis-legal-drama-explained-will-she-be-booted-from-trump-case/

I find myself in the uncomfortable, probably unprecedented, position of basically agreeing with riclag. Willis is certainly arrogant and clearly feels entitled. To behave in such a self-serving fashion is never justified. But in a huge case like this, where so much attention is inevitably going to attract lots of attention and scrutiny, she really has no valid justification for hiring Nathan Wade. Not even the weak one of claiming that he was an experienced prosecutor. He wasn't. So stupid and self-indulgent.

On 6/15/2024 at 9:07 AM, Thingamabob said:

I've heard this woman described as intelligent, well educated, articulate, assertive,  professional woman in a position of power. Not knowing her I was unable to either agree or disagree...

43 minutes ago, pomchop said:

But of course Clarence Thomas's wife Ginnie who was at the J 6 rally and regulary attends all sorts of maga right wing events does not represent a conflict while Fani and a consenting adult employee both of whom are on the same prosecution team is somehow  a big time conflict....according to maga and their propoganda arm fox.

If Justice Thomas were a Federal Appellate Court judge there would multiple means to have him removed from conflicting cases or just plain removed.

But for a sitting US Supreme Court Justice, there is not.

15 minutes ago, charmonman said:

It’s her Effing name and she can pronounce it any way she likes. I don’t see what it has to do with the case against Trump. 

It isn't how she pronounces it -- it's how other people pronounce that seems to get on her. And the thing it has to do with Trump is whether she will remain on the case although that would seem more likely than not -- just that it will take a while for that to resolve.