My 90 day online report was rejected due to the hotel in bkk that I stayed at last week

I never use my passport when I check into a hotel. Either my wife checks in, or I use my driving license

Edited by Andyfez
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Thanks for your reply. If I don't do it are there any implications?

on the tm30 there is 2 sections for address. Do I just put my usual home address in both?

it all seems to be a waste of time 

WHAT IMMI???

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, damian said:

Just finished a road trip and stayed in 5 different hotels. Didn't affect my online reporting at all. 

I check in to hotels using my drivers license. 

Been doing the same for a long time here...in the past 6 months or so Hotels in Ao Nang have been insisting on seeing my passport also....go figure :whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Did you check-in with your passport?

You have a yellow book, which you can use to get a pink ID.

You can check in to hotel with pink ID and avoid the TM30 hassle.

yes I have both. I didn't know one could do that. Will give it a try. thanks

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Chanthaburi Immigration did the same thing to me. I talked to the officer, it seems if I "lay my head down" anywhere other than my condo, they want me to come in for a new TM.30 except when returning from an overseas trip. Then they don't care.

Makes perfect sense.

Are you saying that if you stay in a hotel anywhere in Thailand away from your own province that your IO want you to to do TM30. But if you go overseas and return then you dont have to. Is that what you are saying?

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

You're correct, it was formally cancelled as of 30 June 2020, as long as you're on a multiple entry visa or a reentry permit - but some immigration offices don't seem to have gotten the memo.

Screenshot_2024-06-05-21-38-12-03_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.thumb.jpg.a32142cc100835b3cb8f42b314ff4f54.jpg

does this cancelation apply to ext of stay based on marriage? 

6 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Are you saying that if you stay in a hotel anywhere in Thailand away from your own province that your IO want you to to do TM30. But if you go overseas and return then you dont have to. Is that what you are saying?

That's what they told me. As long as I go somewhere that registers me, I have to report back in.

If my condo was getting painted and I stayed at a hotel across the street for 1 night, I'd have to report back to immigration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

What reason was stated?

My last was rejected because I only filled in the asterisked (mandatory usually) fields - they said incomplete. Filled in every field and then accepted

Next time fill in your passport no and country then click on the search button (magnifying glass) the system will fill in all the data from your last report, only time it has a problem is the first report after you obtain your annual extension, the date for that must be manually adjusted.

3 hours ago, damian said:

Just finished a road trip and stayed in 5 different hotels. Didn't affect my online reporting at all. 

I check in to hotels using my drivers license. 

I've made several domestic overnight-stay hotel trips in recent months, each time registering at major established hotels with my passport.

My 90-day reporting is to BKK CW. Each time after my return from those trips, I was able to do my 90-day reports online without any problem and without having to file any new/updated TM30.

I'm just talking about BKK-CW... Can't speak to the policies at any of the other IOs...

Also, last I heard (though I haven't personally confirmed it lately), BKK CW also doesn't require new TM30s when people travel internationally, so long as when they return, it's to their same Thai address that's already in the system.

When I did my last international travel in mid 2023, I was able to continue doing my online 90-day reports and wasn't required to file a new TM30 upon my return. Also was able to do a new retirement extension last fall with the same many years old (circa 2019) TM30.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

The Tm47 90 day reporting system AND the new TM30 (notification of foreigner in residence) system now cross check each other for address matching
IF you stay at a hotel that registers you into the TM30 system (which most hotels/guest houses do) then when you come back home you need to file a new TM30

So this supercedes the 2020 regulation saying nto necessary to file TM30 if returning to your usual address?/

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

You should enroll in the new TM30 online system, then you can file a TM30 in just a few minutes online and print the confirmation that you're registered at your address.
This is the website to apply for a login password on the TM30 system

Since they started the address matching between the systems HUNDREDS of people all over the country are getting their 90 day online reports rejected because they stayed some place in country that registered them and then didn't re-file a new TM30 when they got back home
https://tm30.immigration.go.th

@Tod Daniels

I have always been able to do TM30 online (registered a few years  ago) but now when I use this link it takes me directly to the "search" page rather than the page for making a new report.

Immediately after entering the captcha I'm at https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/ifa/search

If I try to change that to https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/ifa/

then I get a page requiring me to enter the name and ID of a "juristic person" (no such, it is my own home)

Any idea what to do/what I am doing wrong?

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

So this supercedes the 2020 regulation saying nto necessary to file TM30 if returning to your usual address?/

I've gotten the impression over time that there's (not surprisingly) some variability from IO to IO as to whether new TM30s are or are not required post-travel.

At least at BKK-CW in recent months for domestic and for international as of last year, they're weren't enforcing any such rule.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

@Tod Daniels

I have always been able to do TM30 online (registered a few years  ago) but now when I use this link it takes me directly to the "search" page rather than the page for making a new report.

Immediately after entering the captcha I'm at https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/ifa/search

If I try to change that to https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/ifa/

then I get a page requiring me to enter the name and ID of a "juristic person" (no such, it is my own home)

Any idea what to do/what I am doing wrong?

that you registered a few years ago doesn't count, you need to make a NEW registration in this new system using the "register" tab AND by reading the user manual

you can select you're thai or a foreigner to register in the new system
image.png.67648f2124fe209223f1d21dc057042c.pngimage.png.c3ae18a035ee04ca9046c47bdb5fd3b9.png

Edited by Tod Daniels

35 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

correct, at this time with the two systems interlinked and cross checking addresses IF you stay some place where you're registered in the system and don't re-file a new TM30 when you go back to your primary address, you'll get rejected because the last address you were registered in the TM30 system is the place you stayed not your primary residence.

We're seeing hundreds of people getting rejected for their 90 day reporting for trying to do it online after returning from abroad, AND from the mismatch of them staying some place in country where they were registered and not refiling after they got home

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

correct, at this time with the two systems interlinked and cross checking addresses IF you stay some place where you're registered in the system and don't re-file a new TM30 when you go back to your primary address, you'll get rejected because the last address you were registered in the TM30 system is the place you stayed not your primary residence.

We're seeing hundreds of people getting rejected for their 90 day reporting for trying to do it online after returning from abroad, AND from the mismatch of them staying some place in country where they were registered and not refiling after they got home

I can't do online 90 day reports anyway, my IO refuses to accept any but in person reports (and not coincedentally demands a 100 baht "administrative fee" each time).

What I am trying to establish is, putting online 90 day reports aside, has the rule now changed and are we required now to submit TM30 after every overnght trip? 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I asked about this law some time ago at Surin IO. It seems they don't take it too seriously, I asked hypothetically if I went to BK for the weekend would I have to report this, he hummed and haahed, ''how many nights''?  "Just two"  "No that will be OK"  "What about three nights"?  " I don't think it would be necessary, it concerns longer absences"   "How long"? He threw up his hands and just said 'it depends' with a facial expression of 'leave me alone, I don't care'.

Nice to hear from an immigration officer, that is exactly what I've been trying to tell people here. In the law change of June 2020, Thai version, only occasional very short stays away, like overnight, from your registered address are exempt from the need to file a new TM30.
https://www.thai2english.com/?q=พักแรมที่อื่นเป็นครั้งคราว

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

You're correct, it was formally cancelled as of 30 June 2020, as long as you're on a multiple entry visa or a reentry permit - but some immigration offices don't seem to have gotten the memo.

Screenshot_2024-06-05-21-38-12-03_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.thumb.jpg.a32142cc100835b3cb8f42b314ff4f54.jpg

That's incorrect information.

The memo the immigration offices got is in Thai which reads differently than the various English translations and interpretations in this Visa forum that have it wrong. Read the Thai if you want to know what the regulation change June 2020 really says.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

That hasn't been my experience with multiple domestic travel trips/hotel stays in recent months with BKK-CW as my home Immigration office. And I've never ever been rejected for online 90-day reporting because of any failure to update my TM30.

In fact, my one and only TM30 via BKK CW is from circa 2019, and I've never filed a new one ever since through multiple trips abroad and even more domestic trips/hotel stays... always returning to the same Thailand address I've had through all those years.

All of the above being while on annual retirement extensions with annual re-entry permits.

That said, I entirely believe that OTHER Immigration offices in misc. other provinces are and have been enforcing their own rules about travel (either domestic or international) triggering the need for new TM30s to be filed. Because I've seen the numerous complaints of such by posters here over time.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Thanks for your reply. If I don't do it are there any implications?

No there are not, as they abolished the need to remake TM30 when travelling inside and even outside the country if the main address remains the same. It´s them, that should tell the hotels to ask us if we want them to make a TM30 of your stay. Until they change that again it´s only talk from them and can not lead to a legal fine.

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

first report after you obtain your annual extension, the date for that must be manually adjusted.

What I found was that the system was not holding that newly entered date after I changed it. After every rejection it would be reset back at the old expiry year. I entered using the dropdown boxes not typing into the web page. Reason given for rejection:

Your visa category does not comply with the 90-days notification conditions (tourist).

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

that you registered a few years ago doesn't count, you need to make a NEW registration in this new system using the "register" tab AND by reading the user manual

you can select you're thai or a foreigner to register in the new system
image.png.67648f2124fe209223f1d21dc057042c.pngimage.png.c3ae18a035ee04ca9046c47bdb5fd3b9.png

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I have been using the new system already, within this year.

Anyhow I did as you said and made a new registration, using a different email (since using the old email gave error message that I was already registered).

Still have the same exact problem.

It opens on the "search" page and n to the page for making new report. How do I get to the correct page?

Also, befiorfe this happens, I always get the message "This username is currently in use. Do you want to override permissions? / Do you want Override ?"

59 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

What I am trying to establish is, putting online 90 day reports aside, has the rule now changed and are we required now to submit TN30 after every overnght trip? 

This is what Im trying to ascertain and it seems that only the IO in Bkk and Surin state that one does not have to report. But other provinces possibly do. 

I will print the above file that someone posted and show it to the officer and state that its only a short time away always returning to my original address. Will report back here. 

52 minutes ago, ningnong said:

That's incorrect information.

The memo the immigration offices got is in Thai which reads differently than the various English translations and interpretations in this Visa forum that have it wrong. Read the Thai if you want to know what the regulation change June 2020 really says.

What I posted was in Thai, not English, and was written and distributed by immigration headquarters, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 

2 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

What I posted was in Thai, not English, and was written and distributed by immigration headquarters, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 

does it apply to those of us on ext of stay based on marriage?

23 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Good, if you can read Thai you might like to contribute to the topic I started over in the Language forum where posting in Thai is not forbidden:
"If you can read Thai - analyze this portion of Immigration Section 38"

https://aseannow.com/topic/1328302-if-you-can-read-thai-analyze-this-portion-of-immigration-section-38/

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

The Tm47 90 day reporting system AND the new TM30 (notification of foreigner in residence) system now cross check each other for address matching
IF you stay at a hotel that registers you into the TM30 system (which most hotels/guest houses do) then when you come back home you need to file a new TM30

You should enroll in the new TM30 online system, then you can file a TM30 in just a few minutes online and print the confirmation that you're registered at your address.
This is the website to apply for a login password on the TM30 system

Since they started the address matching between the systems HUNDREDS of people all over the country are getting their 90 day online reports rejected because they stayed some place in country that registered them and then didn't re-file a new TM30 when they got back home
https://tm30.immigration.go.th

Sounds like a recent change to the police order a few years ago, where you did not need to fill a new TM30 if leaving the province or even the country. However, not all immigration offices was aware of that, or just didn't wish to follow it.

I was rejected 90-days online report last time, even that I had not being outside the province or stayed anywhere else than my home for the last 15 years, no new passport and a valid TM30. I'm enrolled as host in the new version (from last year) of the online TM30-system and of course registered there. When I instead arrived at the immigration office it seemed like a well known problem, no need for a TM47-form, just show my passport and it was fixed immediately, and a new slip for next address report stappled in.

(IO CW) I am having a problem with the 90-day reporting online. On 11 May 2024 I received the normal email notification from non-reply-tm47 informing me that my “STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS” will be due on 26/05/2024. Being that it was a Saturday I waited until 13 May to log in to Immigration web page and once login I use the looking “glass icon” to auto fill in the TM47 form, checked it that all the info was correct and sent it. The next day I log in web page to check the status and found that the request  was (Your visa category does not comply with the 90-day notification conditions (TOURIST) and was rejected in one second after it was received? I tried the next day thinking may have been a glitch in the system, received the same reject  (Your visa category does not comply with the 90-day notification conditions (TOURIST).  I was due to renew my extension of stay in 4 days waited until then. After finishing my Extension I showed the IO the printout and she send me to A counter 300+ ahead of me, after about 10 minutes IO came up to me and ask what problem I had. Showed her the TM 47 sent and rejects . She took me to counter B The IO there update the records and gave me the printout for next 90 report. I asked her then what was wrong , and she told me they had a update to the system and some people were getting rejects. She said that being that I entered the country on a Tourist visa and had then change over to a NON IMM and the system was showing Tourist. I told her that was not correct I entered on "O NON IMM " visa issued in London on May 1991 and came into Thailand June 17 1991, that I Have been living in the same house ever since, she no that's not what the records show.  I new there was no use in argerying about it as I had no Documentations with  me. When home found my old passport which showed  NON IMM type "O".  I emailed all the information to IO but never heard back from them.