Poor Scots

AreYouGerman

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who cares?

I tend to agree.

Any sympathy I might have had for the Scots, went when they brought out that footy song for a world cup campaign a couple of years back. It was in South America; somewhere.

''Rink-a-dink-a-dink,,, we support the boys in pink.''

That's the only line of the song I can remember. Very catchy little number though.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Predictable result.

Germany has a tendency to always lose. But Scotland played so badly, it was hilarious, they never attacked the offensive Germans (60% Germans were on the field). I think Scotland needs more diversity, as they were all White, to win.

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Germany has a tendency to always lose. But Scotland played so badly, it was hilarious

The second part of this quote is bang on - it was quite hilarious, though also baffling given some of the performances in qualifying (beating Spain etc.). Though Scotland, like many small countries, have rarely been a threat to any of the bigger nations.

When Scotland lost the opening game of the 1998 World Cup to Brazil we at least put up a fight. I expected the defeat on Friday but was disappointed by the manner of it. Some cracking games have followed though and I look forward to the likes of Germany/France/Spain/England etc. playing each other in the later stages (full expecting Scotland to exit stage left on Wednesday).

The first part of the quote, however,  'Germany has a tendency to always lose' is as baffling as John Mcginn's non-appearance last Friday. Germany are amongst the nations who are serial winners at football. Of the 'big five' European countries they are at the top - 1. Germany; 2. France; 3. Spain; 4. Italy; 5. England. 

They have won the World Cup four times! I should argue that they have a tendency to often win. As poor as Scotland undeniably were, I think the German team has some great players and they can challenge France and England (the two favourites imho) for the trophy.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

Though Scotland, like many small countries, have rarely been a threat to any of the bigger nations.

I have watched a couple of matches. Austria vs. France and even France won, Austria could have been the winner as well. Slovenia pretty strong as well (okay, only against DK). Serbia 2nd half awesome against 1,5 BILLION England. And Switzerland vs. Hungary... the Swiss, this will be extremely hard for Germany.

5 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

'Germany has a tendency to always lose' is as baffling

Well, the last years Germany was just so bad. Lost against the Ukraine, Poland, Columbia, Japan, Mexico, Austria. Literally lost every single game that mattered in the last 3 years. Also they went full homosexual propaganda in Qatar and to many Germans it looked like homosexual propaganda was more important than winning. Germany was good once, it changed a lot, now with Toni Kroos back, it looks like it is getting better!

On 6/15/2024 at 3:55 AM, AreYouGerman said:

GOAAAAAL 😂

Boomers be like

react_confused.png.947e12ab094949b92aa88d4aa73981b4.png

1 hour ago, AreYouGerman said:

Germany has a tendency to always lose. But Scotland played so badly, it was hilarious, they never attacked the offensive Germans (60% Germans were on the field). I think Scotland needs more diversity, as they were all White, to win.

Damn but you must be spotty little Gen-Z if you think Germany always lose at football!

For context, Scotland population 5.5 million, Germany population 85 million.

Edited by Stocky

1 minute ago, Stocky said:

Damn but you must be spotty little Gen-Z if you think Germany always lose at football!

Ok, boomer. 😂

Anyway, the now counts, not what happened 1996. Every match against England the German media has to talk a hour about the quote "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and in the end, the Germans win" and then Germany loses against the Ukraine and Columbia, lol.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Stocky said:

For context, Scotland population 5.5 million, Germany population 85 million.

Let's see what Switzerland is going to do against Germany!

I am totally for Germany and I have been enjoying the EM so far, much more than the WM and I am thrilled about all the next matches I am gonna watch!