Biden to Grant Legal Status to Undocumented Spouses of US Citizens

Social Media

5 hours ago, Tug said:
5 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

An easy half a million new voters for Democrats. 

Ahhh they have to be citizens first…….

So you don't figure the Americans they're married to, or their (now adult) anchor babies may be swayed to vote for Joe?  The amnestied may not make it in time for the November election, but there's well over a million votes there.  Even more if he can stall the action until after November and convince them that Trump would foil his magnanimous gesture if elected.

Blatant, desperate pandering for votes.  I'd call it a cheap trick, but somehow everything the Dems do around election time ends up costing $$Billions in the end.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

An easy half a million new voters for Democrats. 

Do you mean that if Trump had taken the same action during his presidency, the Republican party would have had an easy half million new voters?

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

If they've been in the USA for 10 years (married or not), haven't been a financial burden (paid taxes, not on welfare, etc), and don't have a significant criminal record, I'd favor an amnesty for them.

Just not at the whim of a president and not in the leadup to an election. 

First, Congress should be granting the amnesty (and tested by the Supreme Court).  Second, if he did have the power, why didn't he do it 3-1/2 years ago?  Why wait until he's getting excoriated in the polls?

Breaking: A Common sense argument !

• Haha 1

While this might be unfair to those who followed the law and have waited their turn, if these new citizens pay into social security that could be beneficial. Quite frankly I think they should have to pay in arears too, if they haven't already.

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

Nonsense? 

Biden's gonna announce an amnesty and a timetable (because surely they can't adjudicate half a million cases before November.)  Then, he'll create fear that it won't happen unless he wins.

Not nonsense.  Guaranteed.  Anyone who believes otherwise is smoking fairy dust.  No way they can adjudicate 500K before the election.

Anyone who doesn’t believe your fabricated nonsense is smoking fairy dust.

Tell us again how President Biden is doing to stall the election until after November, I appreciate a good laugh now and again.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Anyone who doesn’t believe your fabricated nonsense is smoking fairy dust.

Tell us again how President Biden is doing to stall the election until after November, I appreciate a good laugh now and again.

Put on your cheaters and read it again.  I said he'd stall the ACTION until after November.  Not the ELECTION.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My bad.

And my apologies to you.

No sweat.  I enjoy back and forth with you because you argue facts and don't just attack the person.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Social Media said:

According to senior administration officials, undocumented spouses of U.S. citizens will qualify for the program if they have lived in the country for 10 years and were married as of June 17.

Married for a couple of days and immediately eligible for Biden's amnesty. How long are they required to stay married? 

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Married for a couple of days and immediately eligible for Biden's amnesty. How long are they required to stay married? 

From the OP:

Accordingto senior administration officials, undocumented spouses of U.S. citizens will qualify for the program if they have lived in the country for 10 years and were married as of June 17. Qualifying individuals will have three years to apply for permanent residency and will be eligible for a three-year work permit.

The White House estimates that those eligible for thisprocess have lived in the United States for an average of 23 years, with the majority having been born in Mexico. These individuals will be "paroled in place," meaning they can remain in the U.S. while their status is adjusted.