Fauci Diagnoses America: 'A Degree of Schizophrenia'

Social Media

image.png.82fe7ed1a211be3315f68112935ac187.png

In a candid appearance on CBS’s "The Late Show" with Stephen Colbert, former chief White House medical adviser Anthony Fauci offered a stark diagnosis of the current state of the United States, likening it to a patient suffering from "a degree of schizophrenia." When prompted by Colbert to diagnose America as if it were a patient, Fauci suggested the nation needed a psychologist rather than a surgeon or an internist. Fauci elaborated, describing the extreme divisions within the country and emphasizing that while people seem drastically different, they often forget how much they have in common.

Fauci, who was instrumental in the country’s COVID-19 pandemic response under both the Trump and Biden administrations, has become a polarizing figure. His encouragement for people to get vaccinated and his public health measures have made him a target for the right. Reflecting on his relationship with former President Donald Trump, Fauci revealed it was initially positive. However, tensions rose when Trump began to downplay the severity of the virus and spread misinformation. Fauci felt compelled to publicly contradict the former president, a move he knew would be uncomfortable but necessary to correct the public narrative.

Fauci’s forthcoming book will delve into his experiences working with Trump and the various challenges encountered during the pandemic. He recounted the personal toll his public health advocacy has taken, including harassment and death threats directed at him and his family. Despite the backlash, Fauci maintained that his public contradictions of Trump were not intended to undermine the presidency but to rectify misinformation. He expressed a deep respect for the office of the president, acknowledging the difficult balance he had to maintain between public health messaging and political sensitivities.

Fauci also lamented the increasing politicization of science, describing it as a disturbing and relatively new phenomenon. Recalling his early days as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease in 1984, Fauci noted that while political ideologies were always present, the current climate of hostility and vitriol is unprecedented. This shift, he suggested, reflects a broader societal divide that mirrors the schizophrenia he perceives in the nation today.

The conversation with Colbert highlighted the profound impact of the pandemic on American society and the complex interplay between science, politics, and public perception. Fauci’s reflections underscored the challenges of navigating these turbulent waters while striving to maintain public trust and promote accurate health information. As the nation continues to grapple with the aftermath of the pandemic, Fauci’s insights offer a sobering reminder of the importance of unity and the need to bridge the divides that have grown so pronounced in recent years.

Credit: Hill 2024-06-20

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

What happened to the good old days? When everyone believed whatever a Dr said without question.

Foia requested emails , thats what!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Red Forever said:

I'll fix that for you: "ex President so clearly suffering from dementia".

You take your dementia claim to 

ridicule a no wars president and 

Ill take bidens dementia to a world in crisis on 3 fronts  , bidens border policy , failed policy in Ukraine and Gaza!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Everything is a lie when it comes to your Orange <deleted> smelling felon loser.

Perhaps stop watching FOX News and look at the facts.

Sounds like you've joined the cult of idiocy!

What are you going to do when he loses in November, Follow Putin or some other fascist leader?

Ugh, loser!

A few years ago   my countries dem political party took a knee & worshipped   a career drug addicted felon  who held a gun to a pregnant lady stomach!

Now these same SOB want to kill  the ex Potus by incarcerating him without SS protection on a dem concocted charges!

How Stalinist & Maoist is that !

You wouldn’t know you probably never heard these leaders who murdered for power!

You just spew the lefts propaganda!

what country are you from?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, riclag said:

You take your dementia claim to 

ridicule a no wars president and 

Ill take bidens dementia to a world in crisis on 3 fronts  , bidens border policy , failed policy in Ukraine and Gaza!

You're definitely Russian.

Get out of Thailand and go back to you're fascist motherland 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

If you are basing this opinion on the findings of the Durham report then you are seriously misguided.
I would recommend reading the book, "Proof of Collusion" by Seth Abramson, (Professor, Attorney, and Author) who presents in excruciating detail, (backed up with references), what events took place between Trump, The GOP and the Russians. So detailed is this book that you have to download a separate pdf for the index information.
If you can recommend a book that "debunks this russian crap", I would be most interested to read it, if available. I do not want a four paragraph opinion piece authored by someone whose only aim is to protect Trump, but rather is based on indepth and verifiable information.

Be warned, this is a very tough read but, in the interests of edification I would be willing to send this book to you, as it is no longer available at Dasa Books in Bangkok.

From fauci emails to a debunked made up 

clinton conspiracy !

Read ,

Get Trump , by A. Dershowitz 

Apologizes for straying OT , 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Convicted felon,rapist, and Russian conspirator Trump would be the worst thing for the world.

Don't follow the MAGA losers to obscurity.

I support neither man. 

Just providing unbiased commentary much like the BBC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

From fauci emails to a debunked made up 

clinton conspiracy !

Read ,

Get Trump , by A. Dershowitz 

Apologizes for straying OT , 

Sadly that is not available at Dasa. 
You could send me your copy though, that would be appreciated.
Are you willing to read the book I have recommended ?

• Like 1

wow this thread about fauci..... talking about what this thread is doing. shocker. 

my guy vs your guy

my link vs your link

the polarization is gross and humorous at the same time. rich people are laughing at all the pheasants pecking each other to pieces. 

think of the next election possibilities......

hector camacho - the rock

marc cuban

jamie dimon

can you smell what the white house is cookin ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

That's the interview where Fauci finally admits that closing schools for a year during Covid was a mistake. It only took Mister I Am The Science 4 years to admit that 'conspiracy theorists' (and Trump) were right.

There were no conspiracy theories around closing schools, it happened in most countries in the world. The fact that they are now saying it was a mistake to keep them closed for so long says what?

• Sad 1