Rod Stewart Booed in Germany Over Support for Ukraine

Social Media

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

The reasons behind the crowd's reaction remain speculative, but some suggest it may be related to the controversial EU sanctions on Russia's natural gas, which have had significant economic implications for Germany.

Duh, ya think? :clap2:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Maybe they were booing because of his dopey outfit.

Well I don't know about you, but rarely miss an opportunity to match leopard skin prints with Zebra skin. 

Makes me feel Klassy. 

8 minutes ago, john donson said:

most people are to dumb to understand that east part of ukraine chose to join russia, because they were under attack by the neo nazi ukranians... they begged it to stop, voted for it democratically and putin came to help

and USA finally declared why they want all this ... 12 trillion dollars worth of rare earth minerals they don't want russia and china to get a hold on...  

Oh good oh - haven't had a decent conspiracy theory to get out teeth into for ages!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Purdey said:

People who pay good money to see a pop concert probably don't want to hear a lecture on politics.

Same with comedy: do they come to laugh or to attend a lecture? 

And with ticket prices being what they are. . .

• Agree 1

Although I grew up on Pink Floyd music I find Mr. Roger Waters is way too politized. A pig with religious signs? How does it contribute to performance? 

I think leave music to music, and politics to professional politicians, not musicians and clowns.

• Thanks 1

Superstars like Rod Stewart voicing their opinion on social and political issues is nothing new. They have a big microphone and an enormous influence on the subjects that they support. I applaud Rod Stewart for his courage to speak out on his moral duty to support Ukraine against Russia aggression. 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Some people just don't want to see any political stuff at all at a music concert. I can understand that feeling but in this case I think it was probably German far right wing Putin lovers.

More American ignorance. The German economy has been hammered since Biden ordered the destruction of the Nordstream pipeline. Conversely and not coincidentally American Big Oil has been making a killing sending oil and gas to Europe to make up for the cut of supplies from Russia. The environmental president, Biden, has been in office for the highest production of oil in the USA ever. You won't hear him say drill baby drill because he only does that behind closed doors with Big Oil CEOs. The social democrat lead governing coalition in Germany is getting hammered in the polls. SDP is currently running third and will be demolished next election just as they were in the recently held EU elections. I suggest you turn off CNN, MSNBC, FOX News then cancel your subscriptions to propaganda publications like the New York Times and Washington Post. Then go to YouTube and type in Jeffrey Sachs and\or John Meirsheimer and learn what's really going on in the world. Little wonder W Bush got away with the WMD in  Iraq charade. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Superstars like Rod Stewart voicing their opinion on social and political issues is nothing new. They have a big microphone and an enormous influence on the subjects that they support. I applaud Rod Stewart for his courage to speak out on his moral duty to support Ukraine against Russia aggression. 

Would you be as supportive if he was touting for Nigel Farage in the upcoming election? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Stick to the cheesy songs and the leopard skin shirts Rod.

It's a pop concert, not a political rally. People don't pay their hard earned cash to be told what to think by geriatric crooners with an inflated sense of their own importance and a toilet brush on their head. 

Anyone that would marry the women he did isn't that bright anyway.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Would you be as supportive if he was touting for Nigel Farage in the upcoming election? 

He is a Trump apologist and a Putin admirer. Don't think RS like his 'fags"joke. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He is a Trump apologist and a Putin admirer. Don't think RS like his 'fags"joke. 

I think my point went sailing way over your head. Farage was just an example.  My assertion is that you are supportive of Sir Rod flapping his gums because you agree with what he is saying. Would you support him if he said something you disagreed with? Maybe something like "and a big congratulations to the ASD on their big win last week!"

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I think my point went sailing way over your head. Farage was just an example.  My assertion is that you are supportive of Sir Rod flapping his gums because you agree with what he is saying. Would you support him if he said something you disagreed with? Maybe something like "and a big congratulations to the ASD on their big win last week!"

By nature, I am pragmatic not use to loose talk. As such, I replied to your posting. Will decide as when Sir Rod made another statement.