It's never to late

The Japanese do not drink that much comparatively. A lot of countries, including but not limited to the US, UK, Germany, Spain, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Denmark, Australia, Belgium all drink more. 

Also, life expectancy numbers are calculated differently in different countries, so it is pretty hard to find good data. 

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

More or less stopped drinking allow a sharing bottle of quality wine once and awhile, or a beer or two with my buddies. If I drink 5 units or more at Saturday, I can still feel it monday and thuesday. Can take a week before I can do a max lift again in the gym. Thats how bad alchohol can bee and feel for some.  

In Germany I would have 3 or 4 beers after work, on a Saturday in summer I would be in the beer garden all day and put away several liters. I've been here 20 years but now rarely drink, why I don't know, maybe 1 beer every fortnight at home but I really feel it, it makes me sleepy, however on the rare occasions I continue with another couple of beers I feel fine, I've just lost all desire to drink except in company.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

In Germany I would have 3 or 4 beers after work, on a Saturday in summer I would be in the beer garden all day and put away several liters. I've been here 20 years but now rarely drink, why I don't know, maybe 1 beer every fortnight at home but I really feel it, it makes me sleepy, however on the rare occasions I continue with another couple of beers I feel fine, I've just lost all desire to drink except in company.

Called getting old.

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I'm not getting old....I am old.

I was visiting my folks in the '80s. Go out and get hammered every night, sleep it off and repeat most every day for a couple weeks. 

I go out to the garage and have a pull off my dad's bottle every morning to take the edge off. One morning he joins me and has a taste. I look at him and say: "dang, I feel sixty years old." He looks at me deadpan and says: "No you don't."  

RIP Dad

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Actually they drink a lot, really a lot.

Work hard, have honor, be polite, and if cant meet expectations or fail, suicide is the most honerable thing to do. 

If you not successfull, you taking up to much space mentality 

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I cant stand the most common beer places, and cant find myself go out every weekend even. Nothing new happens really, the conversations is the same over and over. When we meeting up on motorbike trips, we share experiences, and new bikers come along for every trip almost, then it is okay to have a meal and a few beers in the evening. 

But heading down for the beer bars in Pattaya to kill time? Or start drinking in the day? Would ruin my routines

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I cant stand the most common beer places, and cant find myself go out every weekend even. Nothing new happens really, the conversations is the same over and over, still when we meeting up on motorbike trips, we share experiences, and new bikers come along for every trip almost, them it is okay to have a meal and a few beers in the evening. 

But heading down for the beer bars in Pattaya to kill time? Or start drinking in the day? Would ruin my routines

Most bars are boring and expensive. I'd rather go exercise or see something new.

On 6/23/2024 at 2:00 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Was at the beach cracking a beer at 1000, a lady (foreigner) walks by and says "you know its 10 o'clock right?) to which I said yeah, but it's never to late.

I suppose it's a nicer place than on the steps at 7-11.

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Most bars are boring and expensive. I'd rather go exercise or see something new.

Expensive is subjektive, I believe those who drink regularly choose the cheapest options. 

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Expensive is subjektive, I believe those who drink regularly choose the cheapest options. 

I think it would be the people that drink excessively would likely look for the cheapest options, not the regular drinkers. 

That said, I think it has more to do with how much money people have than how much they drink in regard to where they go. 

On 6/23/2024 at 1:00 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Was at the beach cracking a beer at 1000, a lady (foreigner) walks by and says "you know its 10 o'clock right?) to which I said yeah, but it's never to late.

Should have played her this.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think it would be the people that drink excessively would likely look for the cheapest options, not the regular drinkers. 

That said, I think it has more to do with how much money people have than how much they drink in regard to where they go. 

The breakfest club alternatives have often egg and bacon for 99baht and a beer for way cheaper than normal. 

Tried it once, the egg and bacon, not even worth the 99baht, horrible 

I'm no expert on drinking in Thailand, so better leave it there. I'm satisfied with my life, and if it gives pleasure for so e to drink every day, so be it. Not my business really.

The very same people would think my life is dead boring, and the things I like to do, dead boring, 

Just now, susanlea said:

No I just don't like sitting around drinking.

You constantly link to free gyms and 400 baht hotels? 

Are you at all in Thailand? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

What's the point of getting drunk 1000 times? Kind of boring.

• Confused 1

Just now, susanlea said:

What's the point of getting drunk 1000 times? Kind of boring.

What's the point of going to gym 6 times a week? 

Same effect but I would say drinking gives a short positive effect, and long lasting negative. While going to gym produce happy hormones and chemicals lasting all day, and gives good sleep, if not exercise to much combined with bad diet.

Both is very addictive 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, susanlea said:

Japan and Hong Kong people live the longest. Not sure how much they drink, probably far less than westerners.

Google: Japan salary man and alcohol, you will see some nice pics and they show you that you are wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hummin said:

What's the point of going to gym 6 times a week? 

Same effect but I would say drinking gives a short positive effect, and long lasting negative. While going to gym produce happy hormones and chemicals lasting all day, and gives good sleep, if not exercise to much combined with bad diet.

Both is very addictive 

At age 25yo I can see the fun in drinking. At an older age it's not that interesting and gym provides strength and happy hormones as you say.  Having a drink with dinner fine but drinking regularly it isn't much fun anymore. 

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

90 baht for a beer is more than a meal.

If I have to worry about a 3 dollar beer when I'm retired then I have done something terribly wrong with my life

• Agree 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

If I have to worry about a 3 dollar beer when I'm retired then I have done something terribly wrong with my life

So you stay in 5 star hotels then I suppose and fly to Samui each week.

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

So you stay in 5 star hotels then I suppose and fly to Samui each week.

False equivalency to an under $3 beer!  I certainly never think about price if I'm having a beer - I take out 10,000 everytime I go out - spend around 3/4,000 an evening a couple time a week. I'm retired!!!  it's what I worked for all my life.

• Agree 1