2 land runs used up, fly out/in v exempt a bad idea? Rather get T Visa at Camb consulate?

Been here 4 years tourist 3 months before then 4 year working visa non b job and now 4 month as tourist again, its been long ive been here yet i have to still stay for a bit, i got lease to wait out and goto find a job and wrap up my affairs, and im concerned if i fly out and come back they wont let  me back on another exempt or it could be risky?

Got some family in Cambodia so may as well go there a bit, would the best thing to do is go there to the consulate and apply for a proper tourist visa and come back to Thailand that way?

Any issues to be aware of? Thanks!

Edited by jay36

I would not burn all 2 border run in one year, i mean i would do one border run first and then go to the thai embassy in laos vientiane to obtain another tourist visa, very easy to apply for a tourist visa over there, seems they do not boring with extensive history of stay. I go to Nong khai with bus and come back by land

Edited by Jack1988

16 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I would not burn all 2 border run in one year, i mean i would do one border run first and then go to the thai embassy in laos vientiane to obtain another tourist visa, very easy to apply for a tourist visa over there, seems they do not boring with extensive history of stay. I go to Nong khai with bus and come back by land

Don't understand your post.

The rule for visa exempt via land is max 2 per calendar year.

The OP has already used two.

Regarding obtaining a tourist visa.,.. now Savannakhet and Vientiane and HCMC require an appointment.

Not straight forward apparently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand your post.

The rule for visa exempt via land is max 2 per calendar year.

The OP has already used two.

Regarding obtaining a tourist visa.,.. now Savannakhet and Vientiane and HCMC require an appointment.

Not straight forward apparently. 

I mean, what if the embassy might reject his tourist visa application while he has already used the 2 visa exempt via land per year? I don't think it would be so difficult to book an online appointment some weeks in advance

Edited by Jack1988

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes that's correct.

He should have done one visa exempt entry followed by tourist visa leaving another visa exempt entry via land "up his sleeve" 

Now in bad situation 

That's what would be perfect, do one border run first, then apply for a tourist visa(vientiane) and at the end do the second and final border run. After leave thailand for some months and come back again maybe with a METV, even better than a SETV

Edited by Jack1988

6 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

That's what would be perfect, do one border run first, then apply for a tourist visa(vientiane) and at the end do the second and final borer run. After leave thailand for some months and come back again maybe with a METV, even better than a SETV

Good plan that the OP was foolish not to follow. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks, all I thought id have been moved on by now but im still stuck here with health issues and no job. At the time I thought i could just bounce by plane the next time if needed but apparently its risky, so yeah hindsight. Maybe an agent can assist to improve chances. How do you find an agent i hear to use an agent for Cambodia embassy but all around there i contact visa agents and they do cambodia visa only. Maybe they mean a travel agent there, ill just keep asking people

1 hour ago, jay36 said:

How do you find an agent i hear to use an agent for Cambodia embassy but all around there i contact visa agents and they do cambodia visa only. Maybe they mean a travel agent there, ill just keep asking people

Check out this attached thread.

Think it takes 5 days now. Not sure.

https://aseannow.com/topic/713652-good-agent-in-phnom-penh-for-thailand-tourist-visa/