Motorcyclist Fatally Collides with Truck in Tragic Nonthaburi Incident

webfact

biketruckcrash.webp

A tragic motorcycle accident occurred in Nonthaburi yesterday, claiming the life of a 34-year-old man after a collision with a six-wheeled truck on Rattanathibet Road. Efforts to overtake led to a fatal mishap, crushing the motorcyclist's skull as per the incident details.

The grim event unfolded around 1.10 p.m. and was promptly reported to Bang Sri Mueang Police Station.

Responding officers coordinated with forensic experts and the Poh Teck Tung Foundation to investigate. The scene painted a heart-wrenching picture—an overturned Yamaha motorcycle and the lifeless body of Phuwadol Chanhom from Ratsadon, found face down with severe injuries including a crushed skull and broken limbs.

CCTV footage illuminated the accident's harrowing moments. It depicted an 18-wheeler and a six-wheeled truck travelling side by side. Phuwadol, attempting to overtake, lost control, resulting in his fatal crash. Unfortunately, neither truck stopped post-accident.

Following standard procedures, Phuwadol's body underwent a preliminary autopsy and was transported to the Institute of Forensic Science for further examination.

In a related note, another accident occurred later in Chon Buri. At 10.36 p.m., a tour bus making a U-turn on Highway 36 collided with a motorcycle, leading to another fatality.

Promptly arriving rescuers found the Yamaha sports bike wrecked and on fire, which they managed to extinguish. The tour bus sustained damage near its rear wheels.

These sobering incidents underscore the hazards present on roads and the crucial need for careful driving and adherence to traffic norms to prevent such tragic losses.

Picture courtesy: LINE

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-25

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

Been here 25 years and yesterday for the first time passed a group of cars travelling at 40 kph  on a blind bend in the highway.  How do people do this routinely? I have punished myself mentally for days now.  Dangerous country to drive...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

attempting to overtake, lost control, resulting in his fatal crash. Unfortunately,

Well the story lacks any details but I'd guess he was undertaking if 2 trucks were side by side. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

Been here 25 years and yesterday for the first time passed a group of cars travelling at 40 kph  on a blind bend in the highway.  How do people do this routinely? I have punished myself mentally for days now.  Dangerous country to drive...

I wont to know how Thais have the ability to see around blind blends.

11 hours ago, heybuz said:

I wont to know how Thais have the ability to see around blind blends.

It's karma. 

I compare to Thailand's version of Schroeder's Cat. While something is unobserved, the event may or may not occur. So why worry.