Presidential debate is over, have your opinions changed ? What was your take ?

CharlieH

Dollar up on the debate. Hope this holds until next Wednesday, when my SSA is due.

NEW YORK (Reuters) — US stock futures and the dollar rose in early Asian trading on Friday as 2024 presidential election candidates Joe Biden and his predecessor Donald Trump sparred in their first debate, with Trump viewed as putting in a stronger showing than his opponent. While the election is four months away, investors anticipate a Trump presidency would mean lower corporate taxes, tougher trade relations and therefore higher stock prices and bond yields.  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wall-street-wants-drama-free-110230030.html

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

You may be right.   Not sure why they didn't find someone else 18 months ago, but now it's obvious to all in the democratic party.  

How else do you explain what just happened. Keeping in mind for the past year so many have been vocal about how on point etc Biden is. He so sharp was the narrative pumped over and over.

Clearly that was so wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The debate, given Trumps Modus Operandi, (a barrage of bellowed lies) and his performance, was Biden's to win. He lost it.

The election is the Democrats' to win, and it is looking increasingly likely with Biden as their candidate, that they will lose it.

The consequences would be disastrous for the United States, and quite possibly end democracy in the country.

The consequences for the rest of the world will be troubling.

However did a mature reasonably sophisticated party manage to end up with Biden as their candidate?

4 months out and an utter, total, mess!

Come on... Lies? CNN had a fact finding committee commenting on every fact. Mind you CNN is anti-trump. So they looked deep into his comments in the debate. Their analyses used words like mostly correct,  not fully correct or he forgot to add something or not completely accurate. Whereas Biden made some contradictory comments showing he had no clue whether he lied outright or is too old to be there or remember. 

Biden could barely walk onto the stage and he seemed doped up talking very quickly but actions were very slow. Biden also tried to take credit from Trumps presidency during the covid crisis. 

Either way, The Democrats are scared now of Biden. He failed the debate terribly and even people who sided with him. I like this comment on CNN the best. 

That was painful," Van Jones reacts to Biden's debate performance
From CNN's Aditi Sangal
CNN political commentator Van Jones, who was a special adviser to Barack Obama, said President Joe Biden’s debate performance Thursday was “painful.”

“I love Joe Biden. I worked for Joe Biden. He didn’t do well at all,” Jones said.

“That’s a good man. He loves his country. He’s doing the best that he can. But he had a test to meet tonight to restore confidence of the country and of the base. And he failed to do that,” Jones continued.

Democrats are despairing over Biden’s debate performance, with some even privately raising questions about whether he should remain the party’s nominee.

Now even CNN who hated Trump is wondering who to support because clearly Biden can not continue to serve another term. 

Even if they change who will run for the Democrats, this debate has cost the Democrats a lot of votes.

The debate was actually quite funny, to see those 2 attacking each other verbally at every question. It was quite a display and perhaps should go to show the world that neither one of them should be the POTUS. 

Just now, Robert Paulson said:

It was all planned. It always is. Someone decided they want him out. I knew when the news anchors started calling him on his cognitive abilities. Before today, they didn’t. In fact, on msnbc they seriously said he’s in tip top form 😂 

What amazes me is how the sheep follow Biden to the slaughter the entire time, and then the minute a msm source tells them he’s in cognitive decline, all the sudden the Biden bros agree. It’s like you cannot make it up how spoonfed people are

Garbage.

If he had had a good night it would be entirely different.

But he had a very bad night.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Garbage.

That's kind of the point. He never had a chance. People have been saying it for a while now. 

Now consumed with anti Trump hate the dems are in a very tough spot. 

Looks weak any way they play it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Biden should be sitting on a park bench in the sun, feeding nuts to squirrels with a blanket across his lap, taking naps before Bingo night starts at 5pm but instead he wants 4 more years as commander in chief.

Total madness

He should be sitting there with the Don telling old stories about their glory days from the 60s.

1 minute ago, stoner said:

That's kind of the point. He never had a chance. People have been saying it for a while now. 

Now consumed with anti Trump hate the dems are in a very tough spot. 

Looks weak any way they play it.

He was sharp at the state of the union. Of course it could have been different but it wasn't.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

He was sharp at the state of the union. Of course it could have been different but it wasn't.

too funny. he wasn't sharp at the state of the union. he was pretty much the same as last night. just like he has been for the past few years. 

as has been pointed out on so many occasions. for anyone now to not admit that this has been ongoing for quite some time is just disingenuous. 

ironic as well that those of us who pointed it out ( disclaimer i am still not a trump fan) were ridiculed and called every name in the book. people adamant about how sharp biden was etc. all of that exposed when biden was left alone to fend for himself. 

its hard to find out in real time how wrong you were. happens to all of us. just some are more humble at admitting they were wrong and moving on. others seem to dig in and solidify their stance...regardless how wrong it may be. 

i will credit you immensely for your conversation today. even if you still stand on some ridiculous points.

your team is rather quiet today........... and it couldn't be any louder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, stoner said:

to admit it now shows the lies. tough spot to be in but i think it was meant this way to get him out. they knew but couldn't admit it. so they sacrificed him to the slaughter.

Spot on!

The topic is Whats your take , right!

My take ,he has appeased a Nazi class of useful idiots !

What did the world do to those delusional supporters!

I m not talking violence , dont get me wrong!

What ever it takes these far left revolutionaries have to be exposed & shut down!

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 2

Can you imagine the panic at camp David all week with the debate trainers.   The Don has similar dementia moments so now the World just needs to accept people over 78 shouldn't be allowed to drive, vote, or run for public office. 

I think the only winner at this debate were those who hate the United States. Watching the debate was like watching the movie "Weekend at Bernie's" where the two idiots in the movie tried to pretend that their murdered employee was still alive. Such is the case where the Democrats are trying to pretend that Biden still is coherent. But I think that most viewers saw through the ruse including the United States enemies. This is serious s___ and no laughing matter.

• Agree 1

Just caught the latter part of the debate.   From what I saw, if you liken the debate to a fencing match, Biden dutifully followed the rules and showed up with a sword.  Trump, who never follows the rules, used an AK-47.   Biden's handlers should never have agreed to the debate, knowing that Trump would not debate at all but use the high-profile, high interest event to spew his campaign stump speach, no matter what question he was asked.  

What will Trump do about the problem of child care?  Who knows?  He was asked twice to answer the question but, instead, as with most of the questions he was asked, we got his campaign laundry list of everything bad about Biden.  The moderators should have muted his mic every time he began to not address the question asked.  

Don't get me wrong--the tactic was great.  With the added benefit of lazy Trump not having to learn anything.  If you have no intention of answering the question what is 1 plus 1?, you don't need to learn 2.   

While Biden was mostly adhering to the debate format and sparring with his sword, struggling to throw statistics out here and there to support his arguments, Trump was mowing every question down left and right with his assault rifle, debate be damned, and talking about what he wanted to talk about, regardless of the question.  Sad but true, statistics can be boring, especially in prime time.  Do I care what was the exact number of historians who said Trump was the worst president in history?  No--just that they said he was.  Keep my interest, and earn my vote, with anything but boring statistics.  

Somebody, I don't care who, should have given Biden a strong and simple closing statement, not the awful muddle he tried to deliver.  It was the one thing he could absolutely control in the debate and he failed miserably.   To wit, something like this:

If you're a billionaire, Trump's your man.  Vote for him.  He'll look out for you--heck, he wants to be you.  We saw that in his horrible, lying term as the worst president in history.  And, now not only the worst president, but a convicted felon.   If you're not a billionaire, I'm your man.  I'll look out for you, to protect everything important to you that a billionaire doesn't have to worry about--but the rest of us do.  It's that simple, folks.  Thank you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Screaming said:

This is serious s___ and no laughing matter.

the system is so broken that these 2 clowns are propped up by some very smart educated and influential people. people all around them in politics enabling this gong show to continue. 

all of these people working for trump and biden teams...they all want what's best for america eh ? where is a mass revolt within either party to oust these 2 ? 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Biden should be sitting on a park bench in the sun, feeding nuts to squirrels with a blanket across his lap, taking naps before Bingo night starts at 5pm but instead he wants 4 more years as commander in chief.

Total madness

So good. Maybe you could have added a cup of pudding. That would be perfect

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:
29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Garbage.

THE POTUS should never have a poor night like that, he's an embarrassment and the world is laughing at the USA. 

biden has had so many nights like that. it is nothing new. for some strange reason they are only now turning on him.

why ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Garbage.

Seriously? Um, everyday is a day like today for him. The only real questions are things like why you e ignored it for so long, and other kinda important stuff like why you would vote for it. 

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

It was all planned. It always is. Someone decided they want him out. I knew when the news anchors started calling him on his cognitive abilities. Before today, they didn’t. In fact, on msnbc they seriously said he’s in tip top form 😂 

What amazes me is how the sheep follow Biden to the slaughter the entire time, and then the minute a msm source tells them he’s in cognitive decline, all the sudden the Biden bros agree. It’s like you cannot make it up how spoonfed people are

Thats how they vote too!

Its one big caucus in Congress “mostly”.

Some have left that party that once was the party of John F Kennedy,

Kristen Sinema  and Joe Manchin and Bobby Jr.

Why ?

I know but whats your guess?

1 minute ago, stoner said:

biden has had so many nights like that. it is nothing new. for some strange reason they are only now turning on him.

why ?

Yes. The key question that folks like him aren’t asking. Why now? To them it’s “oh bad night he had a cold” 😂 

I think the answer is “they” want him out. So as they do they decided to make a fool of him and let him, you know, be himself.