Presidential debate is over, have your opinions changed ? What was your take ?

CharlieH

Just now, susanlea said:

Post evidence then.

Anyone who reads news stories on a regular basis shouldn't need someone to always put the print in front of them.  Too many ignorant or lazy people on this forum want someone to do ALL the work for them in my opinion anyway.  I don't keep a pencil/pen handy as I watch daily news many times throughout the day.  Bye now

• Like 1

Just now, Presnock said:

Anyone who reads news stories on a regular basis shouldn't need someone to always put the print in front of them.  Too many ignorant or lazy people on this forum want someone to do ALL the work for them in my opinion anyway.  I don't keep a pencil/pen handy as I watch daily news many times throughout the day.  Bye now

You must be lazy. I just posted evidence.

Just now, susanlea said:

You must be lazy. I just posted evidence.

Like I said about Biden, he lost his memory a long time ago so he just imagines those "facts and figures" and nothing said in their plans for the future according to news today, it was just a waste of time to watch it anyway - almost as much as spending time discussing it on this forum.  Therefore, I am gone by now

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

As much of a debacle as this debate was for Biden, there is just one person who still could lose to him. That person is Donald Trump.

Always a possibility. If the Dems can find a good one hiding somewhere entirely probable. They need to dump Harris though.

Trump didn't "win" though, Biden lost. I'm having trouble imagining why his minders thought it was a good idea to let him do it, unless they realised that he should never be allowed to become POTUS again and sabotaged him. I guess it depends on how fast they find the replacement ( that just happened to be handy ). Who knows, they might even wheel Clinton out for another go, or Swift would be a shoo in. She likes private jets.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's say it like this: I hope Biden has a heart attack or something like this now. That will force the DEMs to look for another candidate.

That might be the only hope left that Trump won't win the election.

Be fair. Trump could have a heart attack, too

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly Biden fumbled a few answers, but Trump issued a continuing stream of lies and misinformation and rudeness as well as avoided a number of direct questions by deflection. Refused to confirm he would accept the results of the next election if he lost and so on. trump appears to try and adopt Mussolini's scow - weird. Personally I'll accept some fumbling as opposed to a psychopathic liar and criminal. As usual in this forum trump supporters make false allegations e.g. claiming Biden lied about job creation numbers. The facts...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/04/05/statement-from-president-joe-biden-on-the-march-jobs-report/

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

A population of 330 million, and those 2 muppets are the best the US can rustle up? 🤣

there are others but they're not being promoted, Kennedy would be a good choice or vivek. just someone with their own wealth that is not in the pocket of big donors like  MIC, blackrock, Isreal and the war mongering corps, thats why Trump was hated so much.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Actually, from the times I have heard him speak and stories from reporters, I don't think he is actually lying unlike Trump of course it is just that he fantasizes all the time since he lost his memory. My opinion after talking with his Delaware voters.

Neil Kinnock. He absolutely had his memory intact then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

I agree with you there.  Imho geriatrics like Biden and Trump (and myself for that matter) should not be running for the Presidency of the United States.  We seriously need younger blood in that office.  A Gen-X or a Millennial. I am personally tired of Boomers with dementia running our country - that goes for Congress as well.  I wish the American electorate would wake up. 

i do agree with the geriatrics in government, however too young is also not good as they don't have any grasp on how things work.

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

consequences would be disastrous for the United States, and quite possibly end democracy in the country.

The consequences for the rest of the world will be troubling.

Great news for workers. Great for us overseas. The Democrats are just awful now. Their best option is a crazy woke climate guy in California who got rag dolled by DeSantis.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

It's not age.  I know 90 somethings that are sharp as a tack, and 60 somethings that have already lost the plot.

No 90 year old sharp as a tack would try to be POTUS.

Biden, IMO, exposed his mental deterioration simply by thinking he had it for another 4 years. The only alternative IMO is that he was to win and let Harris take over quick quick.

Perhaps after this debacle of an election that has reduced the US to ridicule in the world, they will bring a constitutional amendment to restrict the age of POTUS candidates.

Likely it isn't already in it because most people didn't live that long 200 years ago, and the ones that did were not mad enough to try.

3 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Quite curious that we have a debate between two candidates that have not been officially nominated until the party convention.  Debates historically have been held after the convention.  Then we get Bidens most ardent defenders, the MSM, all chiming in that it's a disaster. 

Feels like a setup to dump Biden.  They have many months to do so.

Political moves are afoot.  It will be some time before we "learn" what's going on behind the scenes.

If Newsom wins another recession next year. Pretty boy train wreck. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Always a possibility. If the Dems can find a good one hiding somewhere entirely probable. They need to dump Harris though.

Trump didn't "win" though, Biden lost. I'm having trouble imagining why his minders thought it was a good idea to let him do it, unless they realised that he should never be allowed to become POTUS again and sabotaged him. I guess it depends on how fast they find the replacement ( that just happened to be handy ). Who knows, they might even wheel Clinton out for another go, or Swift would be a shoo in. She likes private jets.

I'm a bit surprised that Biden did as poorly as he did. I thought he had the chance of embarrassing Trump. But clearly it was the other way around. Biden went into bluescreening mode way too many times for it to be considered a one off glitch. There is clearly something severely wrong with him. I'm guessing that with all the conditions the Dems required for the debate, they probably thought Trump would pass on it. So unless it was all a grand conspiracy to dump Biden, the fact is that Biden finally just broke down completely before the entire country. Does it matter? Neither one of these guys is worth spit. The bad news is that Trump will probably devalue my SSA going into Bangkok Bank. The good news is that the yearly SSA percentage increase could go and stay up around 8 percent per year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No 90 year old sharp as a tack would try to be POTUS.

Biden, IMO, exposed his mental deterioration simply by thinking he had it for another 4 years. The only alternative IMO is that he was to win and let Harris take over quick quick.

Perhaps after this debacle of an election that has reduced the US to ridicule in the world, they will bring a constitutional amendment to restrict the age of POTUS candidates.

Likely it isn't already in it because most people didn't live that long 200 years ago, and the ones that did were not mad enough to try.

Mahathir was 94 when last in charge of Malaysia and appeared as locked in as ever.

11 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Be fair. Trump could have a heart attack, too

Sure, he could.

I just read a couple of news articles and it seem Biden is the only person who can personally decide that he will step away from his candidacy.

It seems there is no way that the party could decide that he has to be replaced and that will happen then.

Looking at Bidens performance today, he is too far gone that he doesn't even realize anymore how far he is gone.

So possibly, many people say likely, he won't step back. Because he still thinks he can do it.

That is why I hope for a heart attack - it doesn't have to kill him. But that should be reason enough for him to quit.

6 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Quite curious that we have a debate between two candidates that have not been officially nominated until the party convention.  Debates historically have been held after the convention.  Then we get Bidens most ardent defenders, the MSM, all chiming in that it's a disaster. 

Feels like a setup to dump Biden.  They have many months to do so.

Political moves are afoot.  It will be some time before we "learn" what's going on behind the scenes.

Agree. However his deterioration has only become apparent recently. Not so long ago he used to do a little jog onto the stage. Now he can barely walk.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. However his deterioration has only become apparent recently. Not so long ago he used to do a little jog onto the stage. Now he can barely walk.

Yea, that's the change. Go back and look at that footage of him tripping up the steps to board planes. Even when he tripped, he had the agility and flexibility to get up. Now, he's stiff as a board and brittle as a peanut cluster.

• Agree 1